Temperature Control Mods Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow vapers,

I'm up for a new mod and at the time I started vaping TC was not around. So, I need a little help here. I understand the basics of how it works; however, I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find answers to.

1. If we are vaping in TC mode, why would I need to change the wattage when I only care about the temperature? Wouldn't the wattage just adjust to whatever temperature is selected after reading the resistance of the atomiser? I've seen videos of people changing the wattage in TC mode. It confused me why that was necessary.

2. If TC keeps the the wick from getting charred, why wouldn't the atomiser last at least a month or more? I here people saying that their atomisers last a week or less. My current VW mod with Kayfun Lite Plus V2 (which I'll replace of course for the TC mod) does really well on the kanthal coils. I have had the same coil for about 5 months now and only have to change the wick every few weeks (I usually use the same ejuice).

Thanks for your help!!!

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
1) The wattage setting in TC mode will determine the max wattage the coil will get, the TC will buck down the wattage accordingly. It affects how quickly you get to your desired temp, more power will heat up faster. You also do not want to go over the wattage that the coils are rated for. If you like a slower ramp up (longer inhales) you can adjust down so it limits it and slows the time it takes to hit your temp.

2) TC helps prevent dry hits and burning wicks. It does not really affect coil life. Also Nickel is softer than Kanthal and will generally not last quite as long and you cannot dry burn it like you can with Kanthal.

Reactions: Cigarman

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
I totally agree with Tol's comments but will add:

1) Also, just like without TC, higher wattage = stronger vape & it'll hit temp limits faster, but will be more satisfying than at super low wattage.

2) Different juices cause a build up of black funk on coils regardless of what type of coil it is. That black gunk isn't healthy. Sweeter juices gunk up faster. I had to drop my ADV because I was re-coiling everyday to avoid that crud. Recent evidence has shown dry-burning any type of coil can degrade the coil and lead to negative effects (even if only minuscule) & some materials may be more hazardous than others when over-heated. Ni200 graphitizes when heated to 600ºF &/or glows red. Since its a lot softer than kanthal, don't waste your time struggling with any Ni200 that's not "tempered." Its almost as stiff as kanthal and a million times easier to use than any Ni200 which is not specifically labeled as being "tempered" - you might want to pull your hair out trying to make a perfect coil.
-Also, when making TC coils, make sure the coils do not touch like you may do with kanthal. You'll hit TC way too fast.

It might be tricky at first but its a matter of practice and getting used to. There's some simple tricks to easily make perfect coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread