temperature vs taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
This can be normal, different flavors have different "sweet spots" for the amount of heat, and your personal preference comes into play also.

Besides flavors, the style of topper you use can affect the flavor, and the type of wicks used, and also the air flow available. Best way to go is adjust for the best flavor to suit yourself. It's the advantage of vaping, you can personalize it to suit exactly what you like best.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
And keep in mind too that different devices take different amounts of time to 'warm-up'. I have a ProVari and a Kicked Silver Bullet. The ProVari is almost instant from when I hit the button, to when the coil starts heating. The kick takes probably a tenth of a second. It's not much, but you definitely notice it.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Agree with the above.... some strong flavors need heat, some lighter flavors are obscured by it. Some just taste differently at different temps - sometimes both good! RY4 comes to mind. I've had some eliquids that have a tobacco and another lighter flavor - apple, honey, vanilla. If I want to taste more tobacco, I pump up the wattage. If I want the lighter flavor I turn it down and the tobacco goes to the background. Many of the ahlusion non-aromics, the wild-wood series, work well this way for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread