Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Fix of last resort.

This is what I did on my Vamo V2 - age going on 16 months.

No camera for pictures.

I drilled a small hole through the wall of 510 connecter from inside out just above pin not close enough to damage O-RING took a small wire I USED A ONE OF THOSE TWIST TIE PACKS YOU GET WITH A LOAF OF BREAD clean the plastic off and THREAD THROUGH THE HOLE TWIST ENDS TOGETTHER CUT AND TUCK ANY EXTRA WIRE IN THE WELL.

All my tanks are nice and tight; if I have to replace the wire it will take two min. going on 24 hours holding up.

1st UPDATE

The wire broke after 34 hours of heavy use. Just finished re-wiring with a little stronger and stiffer wire. For now this is a temp fix

Still no slack in 510 connect when screwing in the tank.

I'm very happy to get another 34 hours out of my Vamo for now.

Any suggests?

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    well, i heard about using foil. seems you already have your temp fix until your next one comes though!

Problem with the foil it shredded and left little pieces of foil ever so often at the 510 connector and had to be cleaned out.

This is the fix of last resorts when nothing else works and I can keep it going until a replacement comes or longer.

Either way you can see how long I kept my Vamo up and running it was for months.

Only now I'm going to ordering another Vamo from fasttech; but not going to throw this sweet heart out she's going to be around for a long time as a spare device.

It's about sharing what we know and learn with others. ;)

Last edited:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    Just can't see paying $6.49 + shipping rather add $20.00 towards Vamo v5 from fasttech the fix will get me through if not even longer until it comes.
    I could see someone here making some money replacing the top caps. Do enough of them, and you could work it down to a twenty-minute operation. I would use such a service if my threads ever failed, better than waiting on China post..

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Fix of last resort.

1st UPDATE

The wire broke after 34 hours of heavy use. Just finished re-wiring with a little stronger and stiffer wire. For now this is a temp fix

Still no slack in 510 connect when screwing in the tank.

I'm very happy to get another 34 hours out of my Vamo for now.

Any suggests?

Quick 2nd UPDATE
    Since replacing the wire with a little stronger and stiffer wire I'm in the sixth day with my Vamo and no problems.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    This is not from personal experience, just from watching these threads on how to take care of your vamo so that he lives to a ripe old age.

It is the 510 threads on the Vamo that are more likely to go wonky. You want something to protect those 510 threads, or use 510 devices on your Vamo after the 510 threads go. What you want is an adaptor that attaches to the Vamo using the eGo threads, and then attaches devices using either 510 or eGo threads. This would be it: EGO to EGO 510 Atomizer Adapter [2104] : L Js E-Smokes, Electronic Cigarettes However, this is theory only, as I have not yet felt it necessary to get one.

tiyantiyan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 20, 2012
    ny
    This is a brilliant thread!
    I was just about 'destroying' my Vamo V2 because the thread is terribly worn out.

It's so worn out that I can slide a 510 RBA straightly into the connection with zero force.

In light of the OP and the replies, I came to something slightly different but effective and non-destructive:

- Use the thick metal foil/plate that is used to solder 18650 batteries.
    IMG_0592.JPG

Cut a fairly long piece, about 5cm.

- Then for the first .5cm length, I trim it a bit, so the width is only 2mm. So the dimension of this part is 0.5cm x 2mm

- For the remaining 4.5cm length, make the width about .5cm or so (doesn't matter, it's only my choice here).
    The dimension of this part is about 4.5cm x 0.5cm

- Now, put the first .5cm length into the 510 thread.
    Wrap the remaining to the body. Use a Vamo wrapper (sticker plastics) to cover it. Tape is also fine, if you don't care abt the appearance.

That .5cm of the metal foil in the 510 connection, is thick enough and strong enough to make up the lost thread.

- I screw an old RBA to into the 510 connection a bit, to 'thread' the new 'foil'.

Then the 'new' 510 connection works like new!
    I am confident this will last at least months of every day's use.

This method doesn't need to drill hole.
    The critical part here is the metal foil/plate I use. It's a bit soft, thick, yet strong enough. Probably brass foil of the right thickness will also do.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    any one knows a trick how to instal the connection area on a vamo v2, i have been trying but i can't do it and i dont want to use a hammer for it :(

The V2 that I have I tried to remove the head just to see if juice was going into it. It's the one I've been keeping alive. Until today when I got my V5 anyway.

I tried everything the top was put on really snug fitted I FINALLY put it into my wooden vice wrapped a towel around it as much as I could and was careful not to put pressure on the buttons and still had to bang the hell out of it final used a screw drive kept tapping by the head working around and it and finally it came off scratch the hell out of the old top which I guess you would throw out any way. When putting the new top on wrap it good and tap it in with piece of wood or mallet if you have one. Other than that I used a tweezers to put the buttons back in that fell out on me only because I removed everything which you don't have to do only the head where the wire is and re-solder the wires. I suggest you get some duck tape and very first thing tape those damm button with it so they don't slip out on you.

If I didn't bang it out with a hammer and screw driver I wouldn't have been able to remove it. No damage was done to the body and it still working.

Like I said even if you scratch the old head your throwing it out right.

If there's a trick for this I'll like to here about it also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread