RDA Terk troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
I bought the Rig V3 with Terk rda today and I'm loving the mod with my Subtank Mini. However I would like to also love the Terk. I have only tiny wisps of vapor. No mouth feel whatsoever. It's flavored air. I wrapped the single coil to .5 ohms like I use on the STM using 28g kanthal. Plenty of cotton, plenty of juice obviously because it tastes great. I don't know what's causing the problem. Is it the unrestricted air flow? Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated!

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I don't have that RDA, but seeing photos, looks like it's made for dual coil only, 24mm, no AFC, wide open air.
    Basically a cloud chucker that would need a low ohm dual coil build, and proper batteries to handle it.
    If the Rig V3 is a hybrid mod, I wouldn't be using a STM on it, since it has a "floating" pin.
    Hopefully someone will be along soon that has that setup.
    Edit:
    OK looks like it's not a hybrid style:

Stay safe....

Last edited:

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2015
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    I don't have that RDA, but seeing photos, looks like it's made for dual coil only, 24mm, no AFC, wide open air.
    Basically a cloud chucker that would need a low ohm dual coil build, and proper batteries to handle it.
    If the Rig V3 is a hybrid mod, I wouldn't be using a STM on it, since it has a "floating" pin.
    Hopefully someone will be along soon that has that setup.
    Edit:
    OK looks like it's not a hybrid style:

Stay safe....

Thanks. I was thinking along the lines that I just needed more surface area on the coil. I never do dual coil builds on the STM because it's just too tiny. I tried once and it took an hour to get the blasted things in there. This deck is so open I don't mind having to do two but I didn't want to take it apart if that wasn't the issue. I'll give it a try. What's $.03 in wire and cotton for a great vape?
    And no, it's not a hybrid. I was very specific when I went in that he only show me what I could use with the subtank. I like all my parts to be interchangeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: puffon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread