Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Anyone find any other sites selling this thing? (possibly a bit cheaper?)

$60 seems steep for a China clone, is all...

I haven't located the supplier, so for all I know, the wholesale price might justify the RP.
Stormy's is not letting their coupon code work for this, she said that the company mandated the price. And I thought that was what coupon codes were for, well one of the things.
The quality in outstanding, if someone had sold it to me for say $150 and I didn't know it was a clone, I would have been quite happy with it.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Even though my package has not probably even shipped yet , I am mentally working on this project, perhaps I can run cotton yarn in the channels and do the short Nextel wick like in the photos. Those mods at Rampage Vapor look real nice, ADAM :: ADAM -
ADAM.jpg

lithiumdaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
It would be nice to stock up on V2 ceramics but I read some where they aren't up to par with Imeo's. Hope they are satisfactry as I haven't a spre...
I use an Oddy V2 rebuildable part in my Terminator which has wider channels and it works rather well. All you really need is the V2 ceramic housing and V2 ceramic. The problem is finding the housing in stock at COV. The V2 ceramic you can usually find. Hopefully getting ceramics from Stormys wont be an problem down the road.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Stormy's is not letting their coupon code work for this, she said that the company mandated the price. And I thought that was what coupon codes were for, well one of the things.
The quality in outstanding, if someone had sold it to me for say $150 and I didn't know it was a clone, I would have been quite happy with it.

I have a hard time believing that. :laugh: I am in a co-op and am getting 3 of these hopefully in a few weeks. I think Stormy's will drop their price when all the other vendors start selling them for about $30. I would rather wait a few weeks and get 3 for the price of one. $60 is a lot for a chinese clone that is only $10-$15. I understand making a profit but that is way more than triple.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I have a hard time believing that. :laugh: I am in a co-op and am getting 3 of these hopefully in a few weeks. I think Stormy's will drop their price when all the other vendors start selling them for about $30. I would rather wait a few weeks and get 3 for the price of one. $60 is a lot for a chinese clone that is only $10-$15. I understand making a profit but that is way more than triple.
Note that I said "if I didn't know that they were clones" this is because the machine work ect. is on par with the original. I figure soon they will be all over the place for $40.

Jourelem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
mira loma, CA.
I ordered 3ft of 1/16" and 2ft of 1/8", I' can use the larger Nextel on some of my other Rbs although I am going to order another ceramic for my Terminator as soon as Stormy's gets thm in which should be next Monday. I plan to try to Dremel out the channels but I'm not sure it will oblige me. I'll post my results here as they unfold.

how did you order 3 ft?

betterBquietnow

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Massachusets
does anyone have dimensions on the oddy clone? im intrigued but would like to know whether it will sit flush on my battery...

EDIT: stopped being lazy and found it on Stormy's == 23mm diameter, 56.5 length on the terminator large, terminator small is 17mm diameter, 46.25 length

that puts both a little large/small to be flush on a provari, but the small would at least not overhang...

can someone explain to me the difference between the small and large models?

Last edited:

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
Drip mode vs tank mode is the difference I think. There is a coop in the offing for this atty and its looking like a lot of people are also interested in this particular clone. Going to be very exciting I think, especially for ALOT of people who either have not been able to locate an oddy,(they aren't exactly a stock item:), or who cannot or don't want to justify the cost of the real deal, (it is a relatively pricy attomizer). People can say what they want about Chinese made clones. I say there are hundreds if not thousands of people who would not have had the opportunity to experience a VV or VW device, or a genesis atty or now what many consider to be the pinnacle of silica based RBA's! These are exciting times for vapers I think, never has such variety of vaporizers and attomizers been available at every price point imaginable to so many people, I think it's awesome! It's getting difficult to even keep up with what's available lol. Every time I blink there are a dozen new things to check out. For those of us for whom vaping is more of a passion/obsession/hobby than a means to an end, I can only speak for myself when I say I'm having a blast! New stuff to look at, buy try out etc! And now I can try new things all the time and not break the bank! Fun fun fun:) I am perfectly content with my core setup, but its just enjoyable to read, browse look and learn;)

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
I have my extra ceramic piece for the Terminator and some Nextel xc116 and xc18 wick coming, it's almost time to start warming up the Dremel. I am determined to fit the xc18 comfortably into that ceramic.

I suppose its possible, (anything is?:). But I got a foot of the 18 also, its pretty big I think to use as is for a wick. Maybe if you unravelled some off. I'm thinking about messing around with it as a mesh wick insulator, seems like it would work fine in an application like that. I find the 116 to be on par with a 3-3.5 mm wick in actual use. It loses no "girth" when it's wet, whereas regular silica wick tends to get more compact when wet, or so it seems to me. Good luck though, you'll have to let us know what you find out once you get it in and start playing around with it! I do love this stuff, my little wick/coil still going strong :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
does anyone have dimensions on the oddy clone? im intrigued but would like to know whether it will sit flush on my battery...

EDIT: stopped being lazy and found it on Stormy's == 23mm diameter, 56.5 length on the terminator large, terminator small is 17mm diameter, 46.25 length

that puts both a little large/small to be flush on a provari, but the small would at least not overhang...

can someone explain to me the difference between the small and large models?

Hello, small is the dripper version and I think its 18mm. The large mode is a tank and atty, I think its 23 or 2mm. Unfortunately unless you have a mod with a adjustable 510 connection it will not sit flat on the top of your MOD. It is a copy of the Ody V1 and to have airflow it has a small ridge that keeps it from sitting flat on your MOD. The Ody V2 came with 2 channels on the bottom of the atty so it could sit flat and still have airflow. It does get pretty close. I suppose if you were real handy with a dremmel you could drill some channels on the bottom and trim off the ledge so it will sit flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread