Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Let's talk about the Terminator RA tank. Have you ordered one? Have you looked at it yet?

I missed looking at the YouTube on this one and now it is gone. Is this copy operationally exactly like the original? Are there any special considerations when building the wick, form or function that should be paid attention to?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Just got my tank in today's mail. Can't play with it until I get home tonight. Came with a white strand of wick and some wire. I am going to assume that this is non resisted wire until I can use a multimeter on it to confirm. Will let you all know what shakes out as I get to experiement.

Anyone else get their's? Did you get wire as well and do you think it is indeed nonresisted?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Just got my tank in today's mail. Can't play with it until I get home tonight. Came with a white strand of wick and some wire. I am going to assume that this is non resisted wire until I can use a multimeter on it to confirm. Will let you all know what shakes out as I get to experiement.

Anyone else get their's? Did you get wire as well and do you think it is indeed nonresisted?

I got mine today also, resistor wire and wick were included but of coarse non resistor wire is needed to set it up. I guess you could do the twisted coil legs like on he ViVi Nova heads if you have to.
I'm really happy with it.
Oh ya mine is the large one and the build quality is impressive, probably not that close to the real one but very good just the same. It would be interesting to know if any of the original parts and the clone parts will interchange as there is some 3rd party parts available for the GG one

Last edited:

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Had to scrounge for NR wire. Friend of mine had some 34g silver wire for stringing beads. Tried making a wick with this 34g silver wire and 32g kanthal but my provari mini gave an error message. So something is shorting out. Can't really give it undivided attention as I am at work but will try again tonight when at home. Anyone else succeed?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
3 ohms is what I am using, 32g nichrome on 3mm silica on a Zmax so I just increase voltage/wattage. I have many rebuildable atomizers but have used nothing else since receiving mine. I really like it, goodbye DC tank.

Now I need to figure out how to get a clear tank on it.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
the ody clear tank works perfectly. I tried it on mine. Its all interchangeable. You can get a clear tank at COV or avid vaper or Team Rampage Vapor
this is a lovingly made reproduction. I cant find a fault in it compared to the genuine ODy so far. I have both the Term and the ODy going with exact set ups and I cant find a difference except the fact that the Terminator is a Ody V1. Subtle differences in physical build but none in performance. I would suggest watching some youtube vids on how to set up the Ody, look for PBusardos and Scott vids. I would also get some non-resistance and resistance wire, twisting them is really easy, and get some better silica from silica wicks.com

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
It has a little larger diameter than than my mod but the finish matches pretty good.
CHODDY.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I have re coiled mine numerous time and have settled on 2mm silica with a 1.9 ohms coil of 32 nichrome. I have added a second short piece of 2mm silica so as to have the coil wrapped around (2) 2mm wicks. I pretty much followed Scott Bonner's video except I used other wire and wick ( he used the supplied stuff). I could not get 3.5 mm silica to fit in the groove of the ceramic piece but 3 mm would fit but I believe it to be too tight to wick properly. Here is link to Scott's video:REVIEW OF THE ODYSSEUS REPAIRABLE ATOMISER - YouTube

Words can not describe how pleased I am with this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread