Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Got my shipping notice yeah!!! I saw the the ceramics and the o-rings too. I noticed that the o-ring set is missing 2 very important ones. The o-rings that wear out the fastest are not included; the ones that go on the end of the rebuildable part and the one that goes in between the ceramic housing. You might want to ask your vendor about these.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Got my shipping notice yeah!!! I saw the the ceramics and the o-rings too. I noticed that the o-ring set is missing 2 very important ones. The o-rings that wear out the fastest are not included; the ones that go on the end of the rebuildable part and the one that goes in between the ceramic housing. You might want to ask your vendor about these.
I noticed that as well but figured they would be no problem to come by them locally but they really should be included.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Can we discuss the o rings for a minute? I need your help! I must be losing my mind here.
I talked to my supplier, this is the sizes he gave me for the o rings>>
20*1.5
13*2
6*2 and 7*2- I need for the center piece. I have 6*1 here but they are WAY too big.
My problems is, when I measure these, they are NOT this big ID. I had this problem with some others from him before. Can someone tell me how to measure what I need? Is it just a matter of measuring where it goes, DUH? LOL
If I wait for him, I won't have these for weeks!

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Can we discuss the o rings for a minute? I need your help! I must be losing my mind here.
I talked to my supplier, this is the sizes he gave me for the o rings>>
20*1.5
13*2
6*2 and 7*2- I need for the center piece. I have 6*1 here but they are WAY too big.
My problems is, when I measure these, they are NOT this big ID. I had this problem with some others from him before. Can someone tell me how to measure what I need? Is it just a matter of measuring where it goes, DUH? LOL
If I wait for him, I won't have these for weeks!

Cloud did you ship out all of the kits already?

If not you could just take the o-rings off of one and measure them. I believe that o-rings are listed by OD and thickness/diameter.....so a 20mm x 1.5mm should be 20mm od x 17mm id x 1.5mm thick.

Not sure on the Terminator but on j-tanks and etc the o-rings are usually a little undersized of the part they go on....don't know if this helps or what you were looking for :D

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
people have tried mesh on ody, some were successful...just search the forums. ive tried nextel, but didnt like what i was reading and i was noticing dust coming from the wick. i find the to be the best. 2.5-3mm. nichrome and kanthal 32 gauge works well for me, and 999 silver wire works great for nr.

Last edited by a moderator:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
If I can get them from my supplier cheaper, sure. I think they over priced them also. Are you talking about the I atty ceramic cup? Doesn't look anything like these for the terminator. The Terminator cup is huge! Lot more to it than this. Maybe why it was so much more. I don't know, I'll see if I can get um cheaper. ;)

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Whats everybody using for wick and resistance gauge?

I have a few different wick options silica/bamboo/hemp/SS......SS is probably out I have never seen anybody use it on one of these.

I only have 30g Kanthal right now.
I'm using 3.5 silica sold for the Penny. I wrap coil with 32 nichrome and cut off three groups of the silica right where it come out of the coil as 3.5 mm it to thick for the channels on the ceramic piece, you could force it in there but then it wouldn't wick well. Working real good.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
I'm using 3.5 silica sold for the Penny. I wrap coil with 32 nichrome and cut off three groups of the silica right where it come out of the coil as 3.5 mm it to thick for the channels on the ceramic piece, you could force it in there but then it wouldn't wick well. Working real good.

sounds about right to me!! so many ways to wick an atty...or skin a cat. the beauty is, no one way is the best. if youre the fiddly type, youll have endless hours of coil wrapping, wick experimenting fun. just when you think you find the "best setup," you discover a new one. thats really the beauty of these rba's. gotta love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread