Terrible chemically taste in mouth and I smell weird. HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
I think it's just your body getting rid of the chemicals from the cigarettes. When I first started vaping, I had this terrible metallic taste in my mouth for a week. I was really worried it was something in the juice or atomizer. Turns out my gums were bleeding, which is pretty common after you quit smoking. Just think, you were regularly ingesting 4,000 chemicals everytime you sucked down a cigarette. That stuff adds up and your body has to get rid of it somehow. Have you ever eaten really strong curry? You smell like a market in Bangledesh for a couple of days after eating it. Give it a little while and if it doesn't go away or it gets worse, go see your doctor. I'm not a medical expert by any stretch, but I think you're alright.

Thank you Doomed! :) I'm not a medical expert either, but from what you and others including Charlz have said, I think I'm ok too. I think my body is definitely going through some changes and adjusting and getting rid of poisonous chemicals after having smoked so much for such a long time. I was blaming it on the propylene glycol like you were thinking it might be the juice or atomizer, but it's probably from the thing that's been poisoning me for years...cigarettes!! I am doing much, much better than yesterday which is great! Thank you for your comforting words! :)

CheeMiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thank you Doomed! :) I'm not a medical expert either, but from what you and others including Charlz have said, I think I'm ok too. I think my body is definitely going through some changes and adjusting and getting rid of poisonous chemicals after having smoked so much for such a long time. I was blaming it on the propylene glycol like you were thinking it might be the juice or atomizer, but it's probably from the thing that's been poisoning me for years...cigarettes!! I am doing much, much better than yesterday which is great! Thank you for your comforting words! :)

I can't add anything different other than what other vapers have shared with you, bcos I agree with their input.

I have been vaping for 2 yrs now, and just these last few days I too am going thru yet another "purging" I guess, bcos my sense of smell & taste are also in the acute stage. I think it has been brought on by my incorporating Magnesium into my diet.

I read this medical article that was published in 1917 about Magnesium Chloride. I didn't know that there were several types of magnesium salts. Well, one thing I know for sure, it's my body purging again. It sounds like yours is too. This may help you heal from the years of smoking.

Read this article:
MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE IN ACUTE AND CHRONIC DISEASES: http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=49&db=5&C0=7

quote: From a practical standpoint, please remember that only Magnesium CHLORIDE has this "cytophilactic" activity, and no other magnesium salt; probably it´s a molecular, and not a merely ionic, matter.

All will be well with you, this will pass. :)

Last edited:

CheeMiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi! :) Thank you so very much for your post and the article!!! I have many, many years of smoking to heal from!! The good news is that I didn't notice any weird scent around me or in my breath today or any bad chemically taste in my mouth!!! :)

That is Great News!

Enjoy the break and in the next couple of weeks start to incorporate Magnesium in your diet too. Whole foods containing magnesium are the best form as the magnesium they contain is much easier on your kidneys too. (According to my Pharmacist).

I am taking a pill form as well. I don't know if that's a good idea, but I suffer from Fibromyalgia, the body pain this past month was beyond anything I have experience. The next day after my first intake of 2 pills, 3 times a day, I noticed some relief. It's been 4 days now and I am no longer waking up shouting in pain. It looks like that article is accurate.

Magnesium is a much overlooked mineral that is the most important of all for our body.

Here is a link for "High Magnesium Food Chart":
http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/food/magnesium-foods.htm

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
You're certainly right that magnesium is overlooked! I never hear anything about it! Thank you so much for the high magnesium food chart!!! I have no idea what those foods are yet! I am so glad you are feeling relief!!! (Don't take too much magnesium though.) I can't imagine shouting in pain!! A few years ago I had something where my whole body would ache(usually after I had been out for a while shopping or something) and I would have to lie on my couch completely still for a couple of hours until the pain would go away. I never saw a doctor about it for some reason. But for a long while that problem just went away thank God!

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
An update! I'm not out of the woods yet! Although I haven't had the chemically taste in my mouth for days now, today I can just taste a yucky taste and smell when I breathe!!! It's even different from the other weird scent around me from a week or two ago! Things seem to be changing every few days! Yeesh!

dragonriot

Feb 1, 2012
wisconsin
I've had this as well. I found that my tonsils hold a few nasty pockets of rotting food, and because you no longer smoke, now you can taste and smell those pockets of what basically amounts to solid balls of puss. If you have your tonsils still, you can look in your mouth in a well lit mirror (use a flashlight if needed) and see what I'm talking about. If you see yellow "spots" on your tonsils (not white ones like strep throat) stick a finger back there and push next to the spot like you're popping a zit. What comes out is the nastiest smelling stuff I have ever smelled in my life.

As an aside, I once told an Ear Nose and Throat doctor about this and how I take care of it, and he suggested that I not do that anymore because they are technically abscesses that your body is trying to expel through "pores" in your tonsils. It's possible to get the top of such a spot to come out, while pushing the main body of it back into your throat, which could make it worse.

If it persists much longer, and you don't find spots, see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor and tell them what you've been experiencing.

sebt

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2012
Budapest, Hungary
I hope this goes away or settles down for you.

I'm finding all kinds of strange things going on with my senses of taste and smell - after only 6 days off the analog cigs. It's quite disorienting. I think I'm used to the world looking/sounding/smelling a certain way - now I go to a place I thought I knew and there's all this intense smell/taste that I never perceived before. It is very odd - generally welcome, but can be a bit weird. Smell/taste are incredibly strongly emotionallly-linked senses (you know that thing when a memory gets triggered by a smell?), which I guess is why this is such an intense experience for me.

Nothing has smelled/tasted odd about my own body yet*, but it might. I'm guessing/hoping that for you, what is happening is that your senses are changing. (Perhaps there's also some detox going on).

Good luck!

*errrr, not quite true. See this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/52780-why-have-my-farts-33.html thread:oops:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
I've had this as well. I found that my tonsils hold a few nasty pockets of rotting food, and because you no longer smoke, now you can taste and smell those pockets of what basically amounts to solid balls of puss. If you have your tonsils still, you can look in your mouth in a well lit mirror (use a flashlight if needed) and see what I'm talking about. If you see yellow "spots" on your tonsils (not white ones like strep throat) stick a finger back there and push next to the spot like you're popping a zit. What comes out is the nastiest smelling stuff I have ever smelled in my life.

As an aside, I once told an Ear Nose and Throat doctor about this and how I take care of it, and he suggested that I not do that anymore because they are technically abscesses that your body is trying to expel through "pores" in your tonsils. It's possible to get the top of such a spot to come out, while pushing the main body of it back into your throat, which could make it worse.

If it persists much longer, and you don't find spots, see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor and tell them what you've been experiencing.

Hi! Thank you so much for your post! I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, but I've been terribly busy lately! One thing I know I don't have now is the tonsil problem because I had mine taken out many years ago! I can cross that one off the list of possibilities now! :) I hope your tonsils are all better now!!! Well the bad taste and smell when I breathe is better each day and I'm almost normal now but it's so weird when your breath is different almost daily!!! :)

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
I hope this goes away or settles down for you.

I'm finding all kinds of strange things going on with my senses of taste and smell - after only 6 days off the analog cigs. It's quite disorienting. I think I'm used to the world looking/sounding/smelling a certain way - now I go to a place I thought I knew and there's all this intense smell/taste that I never perceived before. It is very odd - generally welcome, but can be a bit weird. Smell/taste are incredibly strongly emotionallly-linked senses (you know that thing when a memory gets triggered by a smell?), which I guess is why this is such an intense experience for me.

Nothing has smelled/tasted odd about my own body yet*, but it might. I'm guessing/hoping that for you, what is happening is that your senses are changing. (Perhaps there's also some detox going on).

Good luck!

*errrr, not quite true. See this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/52780-why-have-my-farts-33.html thread:oops:

Hi!!!! Thanks for posting!!! Well today I'm doing good! The weird breath thing seems gone today but my breath is different than it used to be! It changes all the time, it's so weird!!! I know what you mean about the intensified sense of smell and taste being an intense experience! I now smell things I never even knew had a smell before! For example, i opened my drawer with all my Tupperware in it and I smelled this faint scent which must just be from using them to store food. I never smelled that before! I think we'll get used to it though once we've smelled everything around us with our new senses as they are supposed to be!! Major congratulations on one week away from the deadly analogs!!!!!! :) P.S. You are so funny about the farts! That thread was so gross and funny! Thanks for sharing it!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread