Terrible experience with Wotofo Serpent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinsa

Feb 18, 2017
Chicago
I've tried lots of different builds, clapton, fused clapton, round wire, parallel, twisted, etc.. And none of them are satisfying, they all taste terrible and cant vaped on for more than 1 second each pull.
The cotton wicks fine, juice is pulled from the tank to the coil efficiently.
I've tried cleaning it thoroughly multiple times.

All of the coils I have tried heat up instantly at 15 watts as if I started with 70 watts and they gain heat very slowly afterwards as if I am using a pre-heat function(2 devices I have tried on aren't even capable of pre heat)

At this point I am willing to try anything to have a better experience with this thing.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Long time I don't contribute anything (meaningful) to the thread... snapped some pics while rebuilding a Wotofo Serpent Mini, it may help someone looking for how to trim rayon tails.

Initial wicking, rayon fluffed out View attachment 586121
Diagonal cut View attachment 586123
Wet it for further shaping View attachment 586125
Final vertical cut, atom base as a reference guide View attachment 586127
Good to go View attachment 586129
Yeah, not a perfect execution, but you get the idea... [emoji57]

Note: the 'final cut' is what makes the tails as thin as you want them to be; it's vertical in this case because the serpent mini sports huge channels, for smaller channels (SXK Wine comes to mind) do it more diagonally.

Sinsa

Feb 18, 2017
Chicago
Which Serpent are you referring to? The original or mini or 25mm mini? Also what mods are you using? Are you wrapping counterclockwise?
Also what I.d. How many wraps, ohms, etc.

"WOTOFO SERPENT FLAVOR RDTA"

Custom DNA200
RX200
Sigelei Fuchai 213
and some others

I've tried so many coil variations between 2mm ID and 3.5mm ID
Ohm range is .3 to .8 for all coils.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I cleaned everything thoroughly, thanks for the contribution.

I've had SS atomizers that I finally had to clean with dish soap and water in an ultrasonic cleaner to get the machine oil out of them. Just soaking overnight in dish soap and water didn't do the job.

It's worth a try.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Sinsa

Feb 18, 2017
Chicago
I've had SS atomizers that I finally had to clean with dish soap and water in an ultrasonic cleaner to get the machine oil out of them. Just soaking overnight in dish soap and water didn't do the job.

It's worth a try.

I scrubbed it with a tooth brush and dish soap for what felt like 5 hours and it still has a funky flavor to it.

Reactions: DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread