Tesla Arrow RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkreign11

Sep 8, 2017
Hello guys,

I have recently bought the tesla nano 120W Steampunk. It was the starter kit which include the Arrow RDTA

Little did I know that I have to assemble this 'thing' Prior to this, I have zero experience with building atomizers and my last vape which I still use is the Evod Twist 3 which is a no-frills, ready to use with no building skills required. You just had to pour in your vape juice.

I literally thought the starter kit of the tesla steampunk was the same, but today it came to my surprise that I had to put in the coils which I need help on. If someone can reach out so that I can assemble this Arror RDTA I will be most grateful.

So far I have only found a video on youtube which is in Malay which do not understand.

Reactions: Letitia

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
Try to build it I swear you will enjoy it I know I did and because of that I'm saving money and enjoying vaping a lot more but that is just my opinion . the choice of tanks is pretty endless you just have to look at reviews and get the one that suits you best but for drop in coils and very little maintenance and no leaking I've had good luck with the smok babybeast and bigbaby beast good luck

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Arrow isn't hard to build. I believe it comes with preinstalled coils and all you need to do is wick it. I can't remember if I installed the coils myself, I may have, but it's so easy to do, I don't even recall-- this was a while ago. It's an easy to use RTDA I didn't care for it much, way too DL to my taste and I gave it away. But it was so easy to install that I literally don't remember doing it... Wicking it even was not difficult. If you search YouTube, you may find a tutorial...

Good luck, there are other options you can put anything really on the Steampunk as long as it's not too wide in diameter, or you need to run it below 7 watts... Lots of good options with drop in coils, if that is what you prefer.

Anna

Reactions: jfcooley

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
The Arrow isn't hard to build. I believe it comes with preinstalled coils and all you need to do is wick it. I can't remember if I installed the coils myself, I may have, but it's so easy to do, I don't even recall-- this was a while ago. It's an easy to use RTDA I didn't care for it much, way too DL to my taste and I gave it away. But it was so easy to install that I literally don't remember doing it... Wicking it even was not difficult. If you search YouTube, you may find a tutorial...

Good luck, there are other options you can put anything really on the Steampunk as long as it's not too wide in diameter, or you need to run it below 7 watts... Lots of good options with drop in coils, if that is what you prefer.

Anna
Mine didn't come installed but very easy to work on like you said , and for me it quickly became my favorite and for some reason love the look of it

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd maybe check out the RTDA/RTA section for recommendations. Also, do you want something bigger, something more or less airy, etc? That will help narrow down the options. If you want something easy, you'd probably want to start with a larger deck, and a two post, single coil deck.

Hope this helps, but really check out those forums for more recommendations, I think. There are so many out there, it's hard to just choose one without more of a sense of what you are wanting.

Good luck,

Anna

darkreign11

Sep 8, 2017
I'd maybe check out the RTDA/RTA section for recommendations. Also, do you want something bigger, something more or less airy, etc? That will help narrow down the options. If you want something easy, you'd probably want to start with a larger deck, and a two post, single coil deck.

Hope this helps, but really check out those forums for more recommendations, I think. There are so many out there, it's hard to just choose one without more of a sense of what you are wanting.

Good luck,

Anna

I have decided to go with the arrow rdta itself for the time being...gonna assemble it tonight. To answer your questions, I would lean towards those good at producing huge clouds with flavour to a close second

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wicked pretty far down, and I used a LOT of cotton. I don't think I ever tried turning it upside down (I barely vaped it) but I don't see why liquid should come out of the drip tip, unless you are having MAJOR wicking issues? Theoretically it shouldn't, though if you left it upside down for a long time, maybe you'd get some leakage? That tank didn't appear very leak-prone to me though, compared to many RTDAs. Mine came with preinstalled coils though, that made everything a lot easier. I'm thinking a lot of my issues with RTAs are due to wicking problems, I need to use More Wick. Way more than I think I need....

Anna

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
I wicked pretty far down, and I used a LOT of cotton. I don't think I ever tried turning it upside down (I barely vaped it) but I don't see why liquid should come out of the drip tip, unless you are having MAJOR wicking issues? Theoretically it shouldn't, though if you left it upside down for a long time, maybe you'd get some leakage? That tank didn't appear very leak-prone to me though, compared to many RTDAs. Mine came with preinstalled coils though, that made everything a lot easier. I'm thinking a lot of my issues with RTAs are due to wicking problems, I need to use More Wick. Way more than I think I need....

Anna
That's right pack it up full of cotton and as for the tales it works either way long all the way to the bottom and now I'm just cutting them off just above the glass and it works really well

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
BOOM!

Hits pretty great still looking for sweet spot it isn't 60w though. Great cloud and flavor, a warm hits between 55 & 60, very smooth.

Thanks Anna, :)
20170913_195709.jpg

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
BOOM!

Hits pretty great still looking for sweet spot it isn't 60w though. Great cloud and flavor, a warm hits between 55 & 60, very smooth.

Thanks Anna, :) View attachment 685813
That is one handsome tank you got there![emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is so nice to see that thing in operation, not lazing around in my "never use" items box, LOL, it looks much happier on top of such a nice mod :) It is a good looking tank, almost good enough for me to go, "Oh, I must have one..." except after vaping it once, it could project a 3-D hologram of rainbows and flowers, and I still would go "I hated that vape."

Glad you are using it, JFC! :thumbs:

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread