Tesla Nano 120W Steampunk: Dangerous! leaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
Ooh ooh ooh you'll love it & I can confirm I have just got round to replacing the batteries in mine with no issues of juice on the batteries :) you get bang for your buck, I actually like it as much as my provari.
It's took a while for me to find such a beauty for such little price.
I'm hoping this will be my main setup for months to come

yeah i'd been scouring the web all day looking for a mod that suited my oh so discerning palette because as nice as my Aspire Zelos is it's nothing special to look at. just when i was about to give up i happened upon that awesome looking Tesla.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
@Bad Ninja won a Tesla Terminator, it basically works like a mech mod with battery protection, it's a solid little mod.
The one safety when using a direct to battery is the protruding pin on your tank/rda. If the pin doesn't stick out enough it will short and cause the battery to vent.
So many of the new mech mods lack a center pin, I'd have to look and see which ones offer the option.
Most of my mech mods are clones, so don't be afraid to try a clone before you buy an authentic :) just read the reviews, most are brutally honest especially on FastTech :)
Some stock coils don't perform well on mechs. Train track Clapton coils take forever to heat up too ;)
I will have to read reviews for this tesla terminator, sounds good and thank you for the advice! :)

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
yeah i'd been scouring the web all day looking for a mod that suited my oh so discerning palette because as nice as my Aspire Zelos is it's nothing special to look at. just when i was about to give up i happened upon that awesome looking Tesla.
I have a zelos too but definitely prefer this :) the Nautilus 2 that comes with that is one of my favorite tanks though.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Planned on buying one of these today and then found this. Had to read the whole thread. Yes I do know that mods do not leak. I have several including 2 Hex's and some Wismecs, among other things. I think the thing that steered me wrong and made me read on is, I read this elsewhere. Maybe on the FT forum. ANd Maybe it was the OP reporting it there. Hence I had to read.
Sounds like all think it is a good mod?
The other thing I was considering is the Minikin V2 180 watt.
Anyone want to chime in about which is best? Plan on running either an Aromamizer or a Griffin on it.
Thanks all

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
This is the best of the cheap mods that I have ever owned.. The weight and feel and the looks, as well as not being stupidly overpowered for 2x18650's. Furthermore, it hits way faster than even my DNA's and Yihi. It is impossible for me to actually fully depress the button without the mod firing, the ramp up is *that* fast. I paid like 50 AUD for this shipped,and cause we have no customs charges here for under 1K aud, that's what it cost. Love the battery door but most of all I love the unique "non menu".. how everything is available right on the main screen. I've only used nickel TC mode so far but it has worked well.

However, i find the experiences of the OP quite disturbing. I have a bucketload of mods and have never seen such a thing in my life.. and it's possible he has a faulty one, something went wrong in production, but what about if not? I have just looked at mine under the light, and it *seems* there is a gap between the material around the 510 pin and the chassis. So i will check with a dry needle now and see.. I'll update this post as soon as I have done it, but if it has a gap, that would point an issue to a possible batch manufacturing problem.

I wouldn't even wanted to put juicy batteries into my external charger to be honest.. I have two sony VTC6 in there which are the most expensive 18650's around and i'd like them to stay dry! lol! i haven't had an issue as i am only using 30 watts and under so far with nickel MTl coils (naut 0.3/0.15 triton mini/0.15 eleaf GS air and so on), but i'll certainly check for any opening before i use a hot tank on it at high power!

Now the most important thing of this topic that doesn't seem to really have been discussed.. Yes.. there may be workarounds with putting an oring around the tanks 510 (this is what you meant right?).. but regardless.. What has happened to the OP should absolutely NOT nor EVER be happening. The 510 is supposed to be completely sealed on any regulated mod specifically so liquid can not get into the components through there.. So for whatever reason, no matter what device the OP is using, he should return that nano ASAP and contact tesla as well and let them know.. there is no excuse for something like this to be happening whatsoever.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Nautilus 0.3 triton mini 0.15? Don't get you?
This is the best of the cheap mods that I have ever owned.. The weight and feel and the looks, as well as not being stupidly overpowered for 2x18650's. Furthermore, it hits way faster than even my DNA's and Yihi. It is impossible for me to actually fully depress the button without the mod firing, the ramp up is *that* fast. I paid like 50 AUD for this shipped,and cause we have no customs charges here for under 1K aud, that's what it cost. Love the battery door but most of all I love the unique "non menu".. how everything is available right on the main screen. I've only used nickel TC mode so far but it has worked well.

However, i find the experiences of the OP quite disturbing. I have a bucketload of mods and have never seen such a thing in my life.. and it's possible he has a faulty one, something went wrong in production, but what about if not? I have just looked at mine under the light, and it *seems* there is a gap between the material around the 510 pin and the chassis. So i will check with a dry needle now and see.. I'll update this post as soon as I have done it, but if it has a gap, that would point an issue to a possible batch manufacturing problem.

I wouldn't even wanted to put juicy batteries into my external charger to be honest.. I have two sony VTC6 in there which are the most expensive 18650's around and i'd like them to stay dry! lol! i haven't had an issue as i am only using 30 watts and under so far with nickel MTl coils (naut 0.3/0.15 triton mini/0.15 eleaf GS air and so on), but i'll certainly check for any opening before i use a hot tank on it at high power!

Now the most important thing of this topic that doesn't seem to really have been discussed.. Yes.. there may be workarounds with putting an oring around the tanks 510 (this is what you meant right?).. but regardless.. What has happened to the OP should absolutely NOT nor EVER be happening. The 510 is supposed to be completely sealed on any regulated mod specifically so liquid can not get into the components through there.. So for whatever reason, no matter what device the OP is using, he should return that nano ASAP and contact tesla as well and let them know.. there is no excuse for something like this to be happening whatsoever.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

510 insulators are not completely sealed, and almost every mod will leak juice through the 510 if the atty leaks through the positive insulator.

This is one of the main reasons boards fail prematurely in regulated mods.

Luckily, the 510 is over the second battery and not the board on the Tesla nano 120.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
510 insulators are not completely sealed, and almost every mod will leak juice through the 510 if the atty leaks through the positive insulator.

This is one of the main reasons boards fail prematurely in regulated mods.

Luckily, the 510 is over the second battery and not the board on the Tesla nano 120.
well you learn something new every day. I have never seen such a thing but.. ok.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Wasn't aware of these, wouldn't mind trying :)
just snagged the last 3 packs of the vaporshark nickel coils for nautilus at evcigs.. they are really hard to find but if you can, they are the best nautilus coil available in my humble opinion. great throat hit and really good vapor for a MTL coil.. mini triton coils are still ok and readily available, vaporshark simply better though.. as you know the mini triton coils will work in the mini triton/nautilus/kabuki/elf/naut 2 etc, anything that takes nautilus bvc coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread