Tesla Nano 120W Steampunk: Dangerous! leaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
It just really means we all have different taste.. I barely agree with ANY review on anything anymore, especially MTL tanks..The triton mini coils have tons of flavour here, but the 1.2 doesn't do much vapour.. The 1.8 is the best.. and i pretty much HATE anything nautilus x (inc pockex) except the 1.8.. I am glad for you it's a great tank.. but as with anything in life YMMV. (I really AM glad you enjoy it though, i don't use either of my two anymore, what a waste). Right now i have a nautilus 1.8 bvc in my mini triton and i prefer the triton 1.8.. it's only a 2ml tank and the 4th fill has already lost almost all flavour (PG juice) 8ml of juice and coil is cactus.. going to toss it and put in the naut nickel coil :)

Reactions: Skold

Bond1313

May 19, 2017
Have this mod for about a week now and yes. Its absolutely a beast mod! The huge winning point for me about this Tesla is firing ramp up time. Almost no delay and hits hard lol

And yeah, i have an Alien too but too bad its sitting on the cupboard now..never trust the hype about Smok mods again, its nothing compared to tesla.

If you guys watch DJSLB on youtube, he made a review on this already, and i can say as long as you dont leak too much, its fine. The 510 connector is kinda isolated from the board and the batteries ( can check out his video about this)

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
the ramp up is just 10 ms.. it has instant fire.. djlsb confirmed this on his review.. I have never seen him review any other mod that fires this fast, ever. If you want insta fire, the tesla is it. It's the only one that fires this quick, faster than yihis and dna's. It also makes it absolutely impossible to click three times to get to menu selection, without firing.

Bond1313

May 19, 2017
the ramp up is just 10 ms.. it has instant fire.. djlsb confirmed this on his review.. I have never seen him review any other mod that fires this fast, ever. If you want insta fire, the tesla is it. It's the only one that fires this quick, faster than yihis and dna's. It also makes it absolutely impossible to click three times to get to menu selection, without firing.

Yes, agreed with you man. Now im waiting for my custom leather sleeve for the mod

Just asking since you own yihi and dnas ( i dont have one yet, still new to vaping), what are the other mods that you can recommend with performance like the Nano Steampunk? I've been reading online that Yihi chip more likely to hit harder right, compare to dna?

Any thread for this mod? I googled and end up here lol

Reactions: Vesh

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Yes, agreed with you man. Now im waiting for my custom leather sleeve for the mod

What 'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis??? o_O

What, where, and from who? :blink: I need to investigate this, although I was hoping a semi-transparent silicone sleeve would come out for this, so I can get a better grip on 'my precious', if I take it out of the house. It needs to be seen, ya know. ;)

UPDATE! Found silicone sleeves, but they're more expensive than I had hoped. They do have the cog designs on them though. :wub:

Last edited:

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Have this mod for about a week now and yes. Its absolutely a beast mod! The huge winning point for me about this Tesla is firing ramp up time. Almost no delay and hits hard lol

And yeah, i have an Alien too but too bad its sitting on the cupboard now..never trust the hype about Smok mods again, its nothing compared to tesla.

If you guys watch DJSLB on youtube, he made a review on this already, and i can say as long as you dont leak too much, its fine. The 510 connector is kinda isolated from the board and the batteries ( can check out his video about this)
My Alien has had no use since I got this either, it's my favourite mod :)

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017

Just asking since you own yihi and dnas ( i dont have one yet, still new to vaping), what are the other mods that you can recommend with performance like the Nano Steampunk? I've been reading online that Yihi chip more likely to hit harder right, compare to dna?

Any thread for this mod? I googled and end up here lol
don't forget the tesla is way overpowered and hits at up to 150 watts when set to 120..

If you want something ACCURATE, that still fires fast enough, yihi and dna are the only choices. Have you seen the graphs? their accuracy is freaky! Out of the cheaper mods, aspire archon very accurate and a bargain. Joyetech/smok/ijoy all mediocre, much and the same.]

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
don't forget the tesla is way overpowered and hits at up to 150 watts when set to 120..

If you want something ACCURATE, that still fires fast enough, yihi and dna are the only choices. Have you seen the graphs? their accuracy is freaky! Out of the cheaper mods, aspire archon very accurate and a bargain. Joyetech/smok/ijoy all mediocre, much and the same.]
Yeah archon is the most accurate mod I have. Would really like the sx mini g class :)

Reactions: Vesh

Bond1313

May 19, 2017
What 'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis??? o_O

What, where, and from who? :blink: I need to investigate this, although I was hoping a semi-transparent silicone sleeve would come out for this, so I can get a better grip on 'my precious', if I take it out of the house. It needs to be seen, ya know. ;)

UPDATE! Found silicone sleeves, but they're more expensive than I had hoped. They do have the cog designs on them though. :wub:

I bought it from my local leather smith here in my country, cost roughly $15 for pu leather though. I'll let you guys see when the sleeve is done

Reactions: DebbieNY

Bond1313

May 19, 2017

I see. I will check out the Aspire archon later. My wishlist is still sx mini q mini though, but its kinda expensive for me. Luckily i opt out for this mod haha. Any more recommendations?

But for sure, if tesla comes out with more regulated mods in the future, i will check them out for sure. I am very satisfied with the Nano steampunk so far haha.

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
hmmm, well this just happened. picked up my Tesla Steampunk to take a vape and the batteries came pouring out. somehow the latch on the bottom got loose. anyway when i looked at the batteries one was coated in juice. that's a bummer.

anywho i wiped down the chambers and the batteries then put them back in and kept on vaping. should i be worried about the batteries? i think this is more an issue with the Aspire Cleito tank than the mod because i also have a Cleito on my Zelos and have experienced similar leaking.

Last edited:

LDNVaper

May 1, 2017
hey guys sorry I havent been so active. Long story short I use a cheap heat sink which has stopped any leakage as I honestly use to lose the o-ring a lot. I love this mod a lot its very powerful and sturdy and not many mods do flavour control while firing 0.05 ohms on VW.

I had contacted Tesla Ecigs the 1st day the issue had happened but they ignored all of my emails

Bond1313

May 19, 2017
Saw a few posts in other threads before saying about battery covered in juice, i'll try to ask few Youtubers ( Jai Haze, SMM) when they have live chat again in the future.

Oh and i almost forgot, here is my $15 leather cover for the mod. I'm pretty much satisfied with the quality though, except the bottom ventilation holes kinda covered up. Should i cut and make a hole there? Or just leave it up like that?
SI_20170717_190248.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread