Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Ive been look at the tesla steampunk nano 120 a lot lately. Reading reviews and comments. I really like the looks of this thing, but like any other product out there, there are mixed reviews. Some people love it, have no problems at all while other people hate it and have nothing but problems from day one. Am i to think that its not possible for companies to consistently build quality products or is it that just some people could tear up a bowling ball?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I think with any of these mods there is gonna be some degree of QC issues. They are fairly inexpensive for what they are and some people are gonna get bad ones that slip through the system, some brands more than others. As long as they are purchased from a reputable vendor you should be able to get a refund or at least a replacement. So when you do get a working unit, lots of these mods perform excellent and make for happy little vapers.

Reactions: Tonee N

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
People also talk trash about smok protucts like there's no tomorrow. And i guess there is at least a little merit for this. I have a t-priv that is starting to shed tiny chips of paint after a month. But then again, its my only mod and i take it everywhere. Otherwise, i freakin love this thing and have had zero issues with the way it performs. I was looking at the tesla steampunk for my next mod and i most likely will get it soon, negative reviews be damned.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
People also talk trash about smok protucts like there's no tomorrow. And i guess there is at least a little merit for this. I have a t-priv that is starting to shed tiny chips of paint after a month. But then again, its my only mod and i take it everywhere. Otherwise, i freakin love this thing and have had zero issues with the way it performs. I was looking at the tesla steampunk for my next mod and i most likely will get it soon, negative reviews be damned.
My experience has been that juice eventually eats all paint. I try to buy bare metal everything whenever possible

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
Been vaping my bronze Tesla Steampunk for about a year. Solid device with one annoying design flaw. After months of battery changes, the battery door lost its tension and often pops open at inconvenient moments. You'll find yourself scrambling to retrieve loose batteries rolling under your car seat. I did find a workable fix. Applied several coats of clear nail polish to the battery door area where it secures to the body. Polish needs to be reapplied often as it wears away due to battery changes. The fire button is one of the best around. Love the look and heft of this device.

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
i've also been vaping my bronze Tesla Steampunk for about a year and have the same problem with the battery door popping open whenever it pleases. Also, most of the bronze finish has rubbed off. I also have both the gold, and the silver Tesla Steampunks; but I only use them on special occasions to keep them as pristine as possible since the finish on these doesn't hold up well to excessive use.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i've also been vaping my bronze Tesla Steampunk for about a year and have the same problem with the battery door popping open whenever it pleases. Also, most of the bronze finish has rubbed off. I also have both the gold, and the and silver Tesla Steampunks; but I only use them on special occasions to keep them as pristine as possible since the finish on these doesn't hold up well to excessive use.
Sounds like a silicone sleeve would serve you well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread