Testimonials from High-End Mod users who have begun using eRolls?

Discussion in 'Joyetech eRoll *Mini*' started by ke7in11, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ke7in11

ke7in11 Senior Member

Anyone out there want to chime in? I'm attracted to the small form factor, and inconspicuousness of the unit. I'm curious how expensive it is to maintain the system, since all the connections are new & proprietary.

Thanks in advance!

2. AegisPrime

AegisPrime Super Member ECF Veteran

Pretty simple really - the tanks last ages and you can buy replacement caps for them so basically you never have to throw a tank away.

Other than that, it's just about the eGo-C attys which can be opened up, the silica burnt clean and the coil dry-burned to clean it.

The attys can last quite a while with regular maintenance and keeping them in rotation but the coils will burn out eventual and you'll need to buy replacement attys.

Some people have had success replacing the silica with either cotton or SS mesh for better flavour/more reliable performance from the attys.

3. rj134

rj134 Full Member

The eRoll runs on eGo-C Type A atomizers. They cost around 5 dollars a pop.

Out of the box an atty will perform well between 4 to 16 days depending on what kind of liquid you're vaping.

The eGo C atty is rebuildable, though. Once it goes bad (you get burnt taste, less vapor) you can pop the cap off, clean the coil via dryburn, remove the wick and replace it with a biocotton wick.
    Making biocotton wicks is basically free because you can use 100% organic cotton balls from the grocery store. A bag of cotton costs like $2 and will last you a lifetime.

I have 5 atomizers which I use in rotation and haven't bought a new one yet and suspect it's gonna take at least a year before the coils in them eventually fail.

A 5-pack of tanks costs around 7 dollars and you can also buy replacement caps for them.

The batteries last at least half a year depending on how much you vape. I'm still running the two I bought initially, vape between 2 and 3 ml juice a day and they're still doing fine after 7 months.

So yeah, it's *very* cheap.

4. patkin

patkin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

My attys cost $20 for a box of 5 or $4.00 a piece. Tanks are 3.00 a box of 5. I'm happy with the attys. The only two I've lost entirely in a year are ones I pulled the wire loose on trying to clean with a brush... not trying that again. Other than those, all mine are still doing fine with just soak and rinse cleaning. Tanks need replacing more than anything as the fill hole stretches out but I've seen caps for them for about the same price for a box of 10 so will be buying those next.

5. Racehorse

Racehorse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've used a lot of higher end PVs and thought the vape on the eRoll was fantastic. Pleasantly surprised. :)

6. patkin

If the battery tests at 3.7 volts and the atty ohms test out at 1.8 or 2.2 (whatever they're supposed to be) there's no difference... high-end/low-end... its just a tube holding the battery and atty. The rest is just about safety and looks. Personally, I think the Joye atty is one of the best no matter what its put in (IE: Eroll or Joye CC) and is exactly why it is also one of the highest priced.

7. hurricanegirl100

hurricanegirl100 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mine's gathering dust. Didn't care for it at all. The tanks are too small, the vapor production was anemic, and the heads are proprietary (can't use them in any of my other gear) and a little on the pricey side. If you want mine, you can have it. I'm serious. If you're in the U.S. (I'm too lazy to fight with Customs) I'll send it out to you. Two batteries, two cones, the charging cable, wall charger, the whole thing. The only thing you'd need to buy are the tanks and the heads. It might as well make SOMEBODY happy lol! Send me a PM.

8. patkin

Sorry to hear you're not happy. I love mine and get plumes of vapor. Maybe its the juice... dunno... but 3.7 volts even with a SR atty should produce way more than "anemic." Mine produces as much vapor as any other clearo I have... more than some. I also use the heads in my Joye CC clearos with ego batts so I get double mileage out of them. Unless you have a lot of gear, you might think about keeping them for backup. That is, unless someone who can't afford much gear comes along.

9. hurricanegirl100

hurricanegirl100 Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm still happy, Patkin! Currently vaping away on a SmokTech PBC V2 perched on top of a VV Apollo. One of the great things about vaping is that there's something out there for just about everybody. Whether it's a little tiny eRoll, a two hundred dollar mech mod, or a twenty dollah Vision Spinner (love the Spinner!) isn't a big deal. E-cigarettes freed me from a 31 year PAD smoking habit. And THAT'S what really matters!

Kevin might enjoy the heck out of his new eRoll! I'll find out later on this week!

10. patkin

:facepalm: forgot about the header!

Yeh, I get it. Glad to hear. For me, preferring the form factor out and about, there's nothing better. I compare it to others for that and they can't touch it. With home setup its somewhere between apples and oranges.

11. ke7in11

ke7in11 Senior Member

Yes, out and about is what I'm looking for. People in CA are using eGos for certain controlled items so, I'd rather just not be behind the wheel with my eVic just to keep inconspicuous. Also, I look forward to grabbing the eRoll from an inside jacket pocket when leaving a restaurant to enjoy my vape.

Another setup I was considering but will now wait a while to see how much I like the eRoll was an SD Mini/Maxi and a RG200 tank from Fasttech. Still may look into that setup for hiking.

Right now, it might be one or two weeks before I pickup the attys and tanks, though. Hopefully soon. I walked into a B&M and asked if they carried any of the supplies, and they were already trying to talk me out of it.

Has anyone had luck rebuilding these attys? I'm already on my 3rd cycle of rebuilding PT heads, so if I am able to just add these to my routine, I'd be fine with it. For 15 PT heads, I can rebuild them all while watching an hour long TV show, and I don't feel like it's any more effort than I used to spend refilling zippos or washing ashtrays.

For home, I am fine with the eVic, and when I dip below 30% on the battery and feel a voltage drop, I just plug it in, and vape it as a passthru. Works great.

12. Johnnie Price

Johnnie Price Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The atties can be rebuilt, but it's a PITA. I think soldering may be involved. There are videos on Youtube that show you how to do it.

13. patkin

There are some good threads in the subforum on cleaning/rebuilding them. If you keep them clean, you really shouldn't need to rebuild IMO.

14. ke7in11

ke7in11 Senior Member

Just got mine in the mail from hurricanegirl100! Many, many, thanks!

I've got it all set up and working. Just vaping some local B&M tobacco blend right now. I'm really surprised at the volume of vapor coming from this little thing. Initial tests are thus:

Battery, fully charged, lasted about 4 "sessions". The tank, seemed half empty after 2, but tilting it back, I noticed there was a lot more juice left in the tank, and the tanks outlasted the battery, thus far. The recharge time was almost unnoticeable, as I popped it into the charger, puttered around the kitchen to fix a snack, and the battery was fully charged by the time I returned to check it.

The heat from the atomizer is surprising if you're not looking for it, but it didn't seem hot enough to burn me. Maybe just make someone uncomfortable.

The vapor is very intense, but I have to confess, I DO cover the intake hole on the side and "play" it like a flute. This is how I managed to coax lots of vapor out of my old 510 cigalikes, but somewhat controlling the airflow.

And these batteries! They are miniscule! I had one next to a 510 XL cartomizer, and they are just about the same size! Unbelievable that you can get such a good vape out of these tiny things. I ran the battery empty, just to see what it would be like, and you do sense a power drop-off as it's dying. I won't be doing that very often, as most people say it's better to keep the batteries topped off, and if I pop it back into the charger after each use, I should be fine.

No leaking yet, but this is only hour 3 of my experience. PCC is not yet fully charged. I am a little worried about this, as hurricanegirl100 mentioned she charged it before sending it out. I might have to get a new PCC, but so far, it's charging the batteries while plugged in. I guess if I get past hour 6 and the PCC is not fully charged, I'll worry then.

So far, easy, fully vape experience. I really like it. Once again, thanks again to hurricanegirl100! With each one of these steps, I feel more and more confident that I won't ever go back to real cigarettes. I am VERY optimistic tonight.

15. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been using the eroll since it first came out. It's perfect for breaks at work. Taking out a huge pv in front of non-vaping co-workers will make eyes roll for sure... The eroll is perfect for those 15 minute breaks and is not a bad eyesore to anyone...

16. ke7in11

ke7in11 Senior Member

Update:

Finished dinner, and walked into the office to see a bright GREEN LED shining from the bottom of the PCC. Looks like it's in perfect working order!

A single tank lasted about 10 "sessions" for me. (I tried to simulate the amount of time and puffs I would take with a normal cigarette. I guess it's a good thing that the count is kinda fuzzy for me, but I was just stopping when I was satisfied.) I had to charge it twice during that time. I'm a little worried that 5 tanks might not be enough for me running around, but I think my first field experiment with the system will just be that. 5 tanks, 2 batteries, full PCC. Tomorrow, I'll still carry my eVic in the car with me, just until I feel secure with the eRoll away from home.

17. ImThatGuy

Why don't you just bring a bottle of juice with you so you can fill an empty tank? It's not hard nor time consuming.

18. ke7in11

ke7in11 Senior Member

I may. So far, only 1 of the three types of bottle tops works, and it's the one with a syringe-like top. The blunt ones get messy. The plastic thin-pointed-one just about fits in the hole, but without a way for air to escape the tank.

The medicine dropper bottles are just no good for this for me.

I am able to pop the cap off at home, but don't want to do this on the go.

The only leak I've experienced so far tonight was when putting on a tank that was filled more than the others. That 2 mm slack guideline seems pretty dead-on.

As you can see, I'm very excited about this system, so I've been experimenting with it all night. I'll figure out some way for it to work for me. 10 tanks isn't a bad option for me. If my estimates are right, side-by-side, in some case or rig they wouldn't take much more space than the PCC.

19. ke7in11

ke7in11 Senior Member

Oh, Hey! ImThatGuy - You wouldn't happen to be in the Southern part of the state, would you? I must've gone to half a dozen B&Ms and none of them had the eGo-C type A atomizers. Most didn't even know what I was talking about, and tried to talk me out of the eRoll and into a Fog Machine-type Mech Mod. Just wondering if you know of any B&Ms in SoCal that might carry them in case I get stuck and don't want to wait for shipping.

20. ImThatGuy

Yup, I'm in so cal. Usually in the 714-562 area, but I get around. I'll list stores that carry eroll atomizer heads that I know of.

Vapor Bombz - Anaheim 714-491-7761
    BZ Vapin - La Habra 562-691-9999
    Vaper Venue - Buena Park 714-952-4749
    Vape Rev - Cerritos 562-653-4730
    Vape Prodigy - Downey/Whittier 562-922-8400/562/381-3476

Months ago...like 4-6 months ago...LOL...I got a steal at Vape Prodigy Downey when I purchased a 5-pack for $8 (grand opening sale)

But best to call any of those stores first if they have any in stock. Just say EROLL ATOMIZER, if they get confused...they're idiots...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.