Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I have barely any idea about metallurgy but I wonder; if I were to buy two velocity or plume veil rda's from tobeco, could I have one tested for the content. They often state on various websites that the ss is 304 grade. Can that be the case for an rda which retails for £120 and the clones are sold for £10-20. If it is possible to have your metal tested. How would I go about that. I live in the UK. Any idea how much? I just want something cheap and safe. £120 is too much to forget about and leave on the bus. Cheers guys

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
It's actually good that you're concerned about this. Most countries (US, EU etc.) have specific, food grade virgin stainless steel... China however tends to use recycled SS, with other trace metals in the mix. Even the items identified as made from a specific SS grade, may... I say may, not be.
However, testing by a certified lab may (there's that "may" word again) cost substantially more than the price of a few clones... and possibly the price of an authentic product.

If you go to FastTech... of the 486 "RDAs" currently listed, there are a few pages of attys identified as using grade specific SS - these are (hyperlinks) "RDA 304 SS" and "RDA 316 SS", which is about as good as it gets for specific identification of a China made atomizer.

Last thing... there are unscrupulous vendors that contract with equally unscrupulous China companies to produce products that are not identified as such... and sold as local manufacture products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread