• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Testing the FastTech Warranty waters..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Ok, I've been one of the vocal supporters of fasttech in the last few weeks. I've made 12 orders from them so far and the only issues I've had have been missing items and that was taken care of with no problems.

Now, I get to see how well the warranty procedure is!

Received 2 each Kamry eCabs last week. Even though I enjoy my Vamo, KTS and K100, sometimes I want something smaller that I can replace the battery in.. eCab sounded perfect! (14500 batteries)

Got them in, gave the wife one and kept one for myself. Works great with the evods and filled that little device niche I have perfectly!

Today, I put my eCab in my hoodie pocket (wife likes a Cold house here in southern Texas..) and went to the kitchen. Pulled out my eCab and it was in 3 pieces! Turns out the ego head was not press fitted very well and while in my pocket it had enough top and bottom pressure to push the head off. It also seems the red wire inside was not connected very well and it separated.

Admittedly, I could fix this in 5 minutes with my soldering iron and a drop of superglue, but I figured, Hey, might as well see how well the warranty works since I talk about it so much. I've already ensured the wife's eCab is fine.

So, my warranty ticket is in and I will keep you updated on the rest of the story!

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Well, since I supplied them with a pic.. why not
20130710_141719.jpg

Last edited:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I sent an item back over 2 weeks ago and didn't get refunded or return postage yet, or the $2 they promised me for a reduction on the scratched up K100. I guess 2 weeks isn't all that long really. Maybe they wait until they have a bunch of stuff in Miami and then send it over to China for it to be looked at? I dunno. They were very pleasant about it though.

Oops! Sorry Caridwen!

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I wish you good luck. I had two batteries arrive that wouldn't hold a charge properly. (An 1100mAh battery should last longer than 106 puffs. Yes, I counted.)

Anyway, opened a ticket, etc. etc., they asked me to send it (the cheapest way) to Miami. Did so three weeks ago, that's the last I've heard. Guess I need to go give them a nudge.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
I sent an item back over 2 weeks ago and didn't get refunded or return postage yet, or the $2 they promised me for a reduction on the scratched up K100. I guess 2 weeks isn't all that long really. Maybe they wait until they have a bunch of stuff in Miami and then send it over to China for it to be looked at? I dunno. They were very pleasant about it though.

Oops! Sorry Caridwen!

when my status was "waiting for returned item" for 2 weeks after i sent it, i asked if they'd received it and then they replied yes.

so maybe you need to nudge them a bit.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Secret's safe with me :)

With the booya platform sandals and immaculate pedi.. you probably had him at "thread closed". Wonder what will happen if he sees "corrective action will be taken" :laugh:

hahahaha...im not even one of those feet perv types...but i cant say you are wrong

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread