• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Testing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
yes, that butthead called mavricks and they are hedging due to hassles. I talked to mr mikes at 82 and scott rd about us meeting there. I also have a meeting room in my co op we could use but parking is a problem and people would need to park on the street. Gary is dealing with Mav's so I'll leave him to explain that one. I'm working on mr mikes and we have our common building here as back up. mr mikes has a small stage so I want to ask the mngr if the band seeing as gary allready paid them for the boat cruise

Motivaper

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
Vancouver BC
Thanks for setting this up Pipeous!

I would recommend that we figure out how best to use this place so it doesn't replace the main forum for chit chat, and, how to monitor access. The minute one ...... gains access, it becomes useless!

I don't know how it's done elsewhere, but one thought is that admission go through a moderator, and everyone agrees to give their email and verifiable phone number in advance?

Also, another option for the 20th is where we had the 2nd meet on Robson St. If people want to come in to Vancouver.

I'll be talking to the owners of Maverick's tomorrow or Tuesday but the meet would be entirely on the patio, which is fine, but they won't allow any "selling" to take place on-site or, any nicotine used, unless we can prove it's legal!

More news when it's made!

vape on!

Gary

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
we just have to be sure that if the password is given out by anybody, that it is to a local. this is our area. for vape meet discussions. we can keep other chatter etc to the main forums. we will need to screen a bit before handing out the password to anybody but we do need to have new people be able to find the meets. so it's a slippery slope we have to make sure of our footing.

please, be positive the person is a local and wanting to attend vape meets to provide access to this area. we don't need to pass it out to anyone that isn't local either, since they won't be attending our meets and no need to come here. this will help keep the odds of a slip down

Katz123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Cloverdale, BC, Canada
that admission go through a moderator, and everyone agrees to give their email and verifiable phone number in advance?

This is a great idea Gary, I for one would be willing to keep the list with everyone's name, ECF identitiy, e-mail address and phone number and verify them all before granting access.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
angus did it this way to make life easier, otherwise it takes a person with admin abilities to add a permission to get in and he'd get a million emails/pm's. we can self police easy enough. most people won't just hand out this info, some won't at all, so it's up to us "veteran" types to make sure the word gets out to the right people.

let's not forget the stalker website is allready down. we just need to keep the meeting location from falling into that person's computer screen so they don't start harassing calls. we can't go too overboard or their fear tactics will have succeeded. we are the only group doing this so far

Motivaper

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
Vancouver BC
For example, I have an email list of people who've been attending our meets and signed up to receive info about anything local we do. I don't want to mass email the password, so I thought I'd mass email them the fact that there is now a private place to discuss local happenings, and give them instructions for how to join, which might just be emailing you or Barry, requesting it, and providing some means of verifying their not out to end vaping!

Katz123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Cloverdale, BC, Canada
providing some means of verifying their not out to end vaping!

What did you have in mind for verification?

angus did it this way to make life easier, otherwise it takes a person with admin abilities to add a permission to get in and he'd get a million emails/pm's.

I was just offering to look after this for him, but not give permission, just control the list of those that have access by making sure everyone that gets the password is on the up and up and not out to out us, so to speak.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
easy enough. I am on the forum when I come home in the am and I hide out here when I wake up for my coffee and vaping. Kathy is a web geek, and honestly her and I talk daily anyway. I just don't want to see paranoia take over is all. if we know the person is local for sure, then give them the info. we have enough trouble getting info out and we seem to be stepping backwards because of this jerk at nicfits.ca/com but that has been dealt with

anyway, I am going up to mr mikes shortly to see if the manager is in and discuss a vape meet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread