Texas Call to Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Texas Call to Action: SB 97 should be amended to remove unnecessary hurdles to adult access to vapor products online.

Multiple bills have been introduced in Texas that would ban sales of vapor product to minors (which we support), but would also severely restrict internet sales (which we oppose). CASAA is currently focused on SB 97, which received a hearing last week before the Senate Health & Human Services Committee. SB 97 would impose unnecessarily harsh restrictions on Internet sales, including requiring every single order to a Texas resident to be sent using an ID check service that costs $6.

Please take action now to urge the Health & Human Services Committee to amend this bill

Amend SB 97 - Send an Email

Call to Action: CASAA: Texas Call to Action: SB 97 should be amended to remove unnecessary hurdles to adult access to vapor products online

Last edited:

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Just checking for updates.

I find it ludicrous that you can get pron on the interent with no ID check, you can buy cigars and pipe tobacco on the internet. A variety of other adult specific items, and they want to do checks for vape products.

Silly.

Make your voice heard now folks, if you think you will just buy out of state on the internet think again. They are considering it a sale to or from Texans.

Reactions: EBates

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Hope I am not to late. I am just seeing this. I just sent the e-mail.
Goodfor you! But---this is Texas for goodness sake---WE can do lots better than just a few e-mails. Contact your legislator too. Texans are not known for not letting their voices be heard. Send these folks all the real scientific information you can find--join CASAA and urge your friends to do the same.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Goodfor you! But---this is Texas for goodness sake---WE can do lots better than just a few e-mails. Contact your legislator too. Texans are not known for not letting their voices be heard. Send these folks all the real scientific information you can find--join CASAA and urge your friends to do the same.
Senator Hinojosa is a very powerful State Senator. His Austin office address is Capitol Office CAP3 E.10 P.O. Box 12068 Capitol Station Austin Texas 78711 The Capitol office number is 512 463 0120. The McAllen district office is 956 463-0120. His chief of staff in McAllen is Luis Moreno. Gather all the true facts on e-cigs and all the scientific info and call either Austin or McAllen. Educate yourself quickly on this Bill and your reasons for opposing this Bill along with the geniune scientific studies rebutting any misleading information that has been given to Hinojosa. Remember to express your support for banning sales to minors. He can push this bill quickly so you must act quickly. If in the McAllen/Edinburgh area and vote in his district GO to the district office.That is extremely effective. This is Texas--surely we can get this done. If in Austin go to his office. Also go to the Americans For Prosperity Office. They would be the most effective lobbying group we could have on our side. I will post their number and address tomorrow--Or you can google it. If I remember correctly it is 7th and Guadalupe. It is near the infamous "6th Street" area. All you UT students can easily find it. Do your homework and go!
;

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
(Update - 3/5/15)

SB 97 was voted favorably out of the Health & Human Services Committee and has been placed on the intent calendar, meaning it could be considered by the full Senate at any time. We have updated the Call to Action to allow you to send a letter to your senator, so please participate even if you have already done so.

Please take action now to urge the Senate to amend this bill.

Note: Hyperlink in first post has been fixed. Please, the next time anyone finds something that doesn't work right, just PM me with what is wrong and I will fix it ASAP.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Email sent. Thank you Robino.

(Update - 3/5/15)

SB 97 was voted favorably out of the Health & Human Services Committee and has been placed on the intent calendar, meaning it could be considered by the full Senate at any time. We have updated the Call to Action to allow you to send a letter to your senator, so please participate even if you have already done so.

Please take action now to urge the Senate to amend this bill.

Note: Hyperlink in first post has been fixed. Please, the next time anyone finds something that doesn't work right, just PM me with what is wrong and I will fix it ASAP.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Did I just read the wrong version of the bill, or maybe I misunderstood what I read? I didn't see that ID verification service is required -- I did read that online sales required age verification, and it mentions checking against a database, but it also says a photocopy of a gov't issued id would be good. What did I miss?

Either way, this bill attempts to treat vaping supplies exactly the same as cigarettes - NOT GOOD!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Did I just read the wrong version of the bill, or maybe I misunderstood what I read? I didn't see that ID verification service is required -- I did read that online sales required age verification, and it mentions checking against a database, but it also says a photocopy of a gov't issued id would be good. What did I miss?

Either way, this bill attempts to treat vaping supplies exactly the same as cigarettes - NOT GOOD!
It's in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread