Texas House Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
All 5 bills show still pending in committee as of Mar 24 -- HB 170, HB 81, HB 970, HB 2321, and HB 647 (the last one is the one that restricts sales to minors without restricting the rights of adult vapers) ...

I try to keep an eye on this page but I'm not sure how fast they update it -- Texas Legislature Online - Report

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
HB2321 is identical to SB97, which passed the senate and was sent to the house. However, most of the other bills are similar to those as well and one of the 'actions' listed for the committee hearing, was "Committee substitute considered" for each of them.

I don't know the workings of the Texas legislature very well but... since all of those bills are either similar or at least, all concerning the same issues, it seems like they may be going to cobble together something from all of them and put that forward (rather than 5 separate bills) - a draft out of committee.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
HB2321 is identical to SB97, which passed the senate and was sent to the house. However, most of the other bills are similar to those as well and one of the 'actions' listed for the committee hearing, was "Committee substitute considered" for each of them.

I don't know the workings of the Texas legislature very well but... since all of those bills are either similar or at least, all concerning the same issues, it seems like they may be going to cobble together something from all of them and put that forward (rather than 5 separate bills) - a draft out of committee.

I was hoping they were just pigeon-holed but you may be right. I hope not.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I wish CASAA could have links to updates on their website. We have no idea what was said in there. We are pretty much in the dark on it, which isn't surprising if you think about it.

If you go back to the original Call to Action, you will see the updates. It was just updated yesterday: CASAA: Texas

Unfortunately, unless vapers who attended the meetings let us know what was said in there, CASAA has no way of reporting it.So CASAA reports the results of the meetings as we know them. You can often find members who attended reporting what they saw and heard on the We Are CASAA Facebook page. I don't recall seeing anyone report about Texas, though.

Reactions: claudebo

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Thank you Kristen! I think I get all Texas Calls to Action on one email addy, and the whole deal on another. I hadn't heard any updates, and I thought maybe someone would mention an update on ECF. I don't think there is a Casaa for each state, on ECF. That would be the perfect place for updates. I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
I was hoping they were just pigeon-holed but you may be right. I hope not.
Texas HB647 by Jacob Isaac is good.We need to really support it My rep is now going to support that bill(Ihope).All the members of the Public Health committee need to be contacted. I will list them and hope if you are in their district,you will lobby them. Time is short.Myra Crownover is the Chairman,Elliot Nashtat is the vice chairman. The Committee members are listed by Party affiliation:Dems Elliot Nashtat,Ceasar Blanco,Garnet Coleman,Nicolle Miller Collier(She will be tough to convince,she filed HB646 a carbon of Senates bill,Robert Guerra(Mcallen phone 512 4630578).REPUB Crownover,Sarah Davis,Rich Miller(512-4630710),J.D. Sheffield(512 4630628),Bill Zedler,John Zerwas.
I do not have a fax. If anyone has a home fax,it would be great if you could fax the Burstyn Report and Farsolinas study to all these reps. If you are able to do this,would it be possible to also fax the information to Oscar Longoria Dem. I will get his fax number tomorrow and post it tomorrow or you can google him and you will be able to get his contact info quickly. He seems as if he might be open to that information. I have been pleasantly surprised about his responses.
We have VERY LITTLE TIME. Please contact your Rep and the Reps on the committee. Crownover will be a tough nut to crack. If she is your Rep,please send all legitimate studies and tests on e-cigs. You might mention the FDA and the CDC have both lost lawsuits concerning e-cigs. Anything to get her attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KattMamma

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Texas HB647 by Jacob Isaac is good.We need to really support it My rep is now going to support that bill(Ihope).All the members of the Public Health committee need to be contacted. I will list them and hope if you are in their district,you will lobby them. Time is short.Myra Crownover is the Chairman,Elliot Nashtat is the vice chairman. The Committee members are listed by Party affiliation:Dems Elliot Nashtat,Ceasar Blanco,Garnet Coleman,Nicolle Miller(She will be tough to convince,she filed HB646 a carbon of Senates bill,Robert Guerra(Mcallen phone 512 4630578).REPUB Crownover,Sarah Davis,Rich Miller(512-4630710),J.D. Sheffield(512 4630628),Bill Zedler,John Zerwas.
I do not have a fax. If anyone has a home fax,it would be great if you could fax the Burstyn Report and Farsolinas study to all these reps. If you are able to do this,would it be possible to also fax the information to Oscar Longoria Dem. I will get his fax number tomorrow and post it tomorrow or you can google him and you will be able to get his contact info quickly. He seems as if he might be open to that information. I have been pleasantly surprised about his responses.
We have VERY LITTLE TIME. Please contact your Rep and the Reps on the committee. Crownover will be a tough nut to crack. If she is your Rep,please send all legitimate studies and tests on e-cigs. You might mention the FDA and the CDC have both lost lawsuits concerning e-cigs. Anything to get her attention.
Oops-I meant Nicolle Collier rather than "Miller". Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread