TexasT's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Thanks tinaj. I'm just sooo proud of this. Best thing that's ever happened!!

With this wonderful rain we've had I can't do much outside today, not that I would anyhow ... but I got bored. So I went out on the porch and sat on the old stuffed chair out there and decided to name my toes.

There was 'Fat Frank', 'Skinny Winnie' and 'Willy Stretch and Tastes Bad'. I still need to come up with six more names, ... no ... seven more ... no, six more.

TT

Last edited:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Hey samsmom, I didn't tell you. Two days ago I went up to town and an old guy told me he'd give me thirty dollars if I would paint his porch. I said I sure would and be glad to do it. He says okay, you'll find the paint, brushes and everything you need out there in the garage.

So about twenty minutes later I'm knocking on his door and told him I was done. He said you've painted that porch already!!! I said "yes, and I put two coats of paint on it, but it didn't say porch on it ... it said Ferrari."

I didn't get my thirty dollars.

TT

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
Thanks tinaj. I'm just sooo proud of this. Best thing that's ever happened!!

With this wonderful rain we've had I can't do much outside today, not that I would anyhow ... but I got bored. So I went out on the porch and sat on the old stuffed chair out there and decided to name my toes.

There was 'Fat Frank', 'Skinny Winnie' and 'Willy Stretch and Tastes Bad'. I still need to come up with six more names, ... no ... seven more ... no, six more.

TT

Suggestions:

Jammin'
T-Lily
Nite
Morrow
and Wee wee wee all the way home

Padre

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
Maryland
I'm happy to post it Salem! We (my husband, younger son, mom, dad, and I) took my grandfather to the beach for a week because there were a few things he wanted to do "one more time". He will be 95 in August and feels like he won't have the chance for much longer. He wanted to 1) walk in the surf 2) eat Calabash oysters and 3) eat Painters ice cream. We did all of those! Here are a few pictures (he really enjoyed the beautiful young ladies taking their picture with him!):
View attachment 43091 View attachment 43088 View attachment 43090 View attachment 43092

Hi guys! TT invited me here just to say hi and I am shocked at what I found!
tgcrna, that beach looks just like the beach I go to every year! is that Garden City? I know there is a Painters right at the pier, and those condos sure do look familiar, but I guess a beach condo is a beach condo!

It looks like it and it is getting me excited about our vacation this year. WE travel with about 40-50 people spread out over many condos along a beach that looks just like that one!

Padre

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
Maryland
OK Thanks Salem, but is it Garden City? We go to Garden City and hardly even venture into Myrtle Beach even though its only 10 miles away! We love it there and I rarely hear of someone going to Garden City!

Now for the funny part. I mentioned to a couple co workers about seeing a picture of a man with a whole bunch of pretty girls in bikinis and I recognized the beach and the condos in the background!

They told me I must be getting old, because they wouldn't be able to see past all the bikinis to see any condos!

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
Sometimes I come over here to T's house and just sit on the sofa and listen to all the conversations going on and I have no idea what anyone is talking about. I haven't seen any bathtubs or volleyballs, but T seems to know all about them, and Mrs.T keeps refilling my glass with a rum/coke/ice cream concoction so I hesitate to leave...just carry on, and eventually perhaps I'll figure out what's going on...

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
Hey samsmom, I didn't tell you. Two days ago I went up to town and an old guy told me he'd give me thirty dollars if I would paint his porch. I said I sure would and be glad to do it. He says okay, you'll find the paint, brushes and everything you need out there in the garage.

So about twenty minutes later I'm knocking on his door and told him I was done. He said you've painted that porch already!!! I said "yes, and I put two coats of paint on it, but it didn't say porch on it ... it said Ferrari."

I didn't get my thirty dollars.

TT

HA! HA! That's a good one! That took me back to my first husband who was a painter - he had the bright idea of adding blue paint tint to the water we used to water the lawn one summer so we would have "Kentucky Blue Grass" - lol!! We really had BLUE grass, that's for sure!! And that ain't no fib - it really happened - (did I mention he liked to drink a bit???)

Needless to say we were the laughing stock of the neighborhood until it finally all washed off!!

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
Sometimes I come over here to T's house and just sit on the sofa and listen to all the conversations going on and I have no idea what anyone is talking about. I haven't seen any bathtubs or volleyballs, but T seems to know all about them, and Mrs.T keeps refilling my glass with a rum/coke/ice cream concoction so I hesitate to leave...just carry on, and eventually perhaps I'll figure out what's going on...

It's not as much fun when you have it all figured out. Here, let me pour you a refill from Mrs. T's pitcher. :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
OK Thanks Salem, but is it Garden City? We go to Garden City and hardly even venture into Myrtle Beach even though its only 10 miles away! We love it there and I rarely hear of someone going to Garden City!

Now for the funny part. I mentioned to a couple co workers about seeing a picture of a man with a whole bunch of pretty girls in bikinis and I recognized the beach and the condos in the background!

They told me I must be getting old, because they wouldn't be able to see past all the bikinis to see any condos!

Well I know that they stayed in N Myrtle Beach but who knows they may have gone to Garden City. TG should be back online on Thursday and will give you an answer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread