Status
Not open for further replies.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Pretty much at a loss and have never succeeded at making a cheesecentric liquid!
Happy to have found this thread as was considering Dairy Milk to try 'Fresh's' Strawberry Milkshake recipe from the Tube. He uses this stuff at around 3% with a total of 20 + % flavoring along with 3 different Strawberry's (TFA ripe, CAP sweet and FA).

As for creams and strawberry, I have had no issue using FA whipped cream, NF Bavarian Cream, FA Vienna Cream, TFA VBIC, French Vanilla in conjunction with strawberry or other fruit flavors. Steep time sounds about right.
My thought's, for what they're worth:

You could try lower % of Strawberry in your recipe-see if it helps (8% seems high to me in this sort of recipe) I make one similar ADV with 3% Strawberry, but then, have made Strawberry custards with higher %'s without issue!!
or mix and steep separately your cream's and strawberry's, test individually and then combined.

IDK, it's weird...sorry I couldn't be more helpful 'W'. I have some non-cheesy recipes to offer by way of consolation should you like....

Reactions: DoubleEwe

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Pretty much at a loss and have never succeeded at making a cheesecentric liquid!
Happy to have found this thread as was considering Dairy Milk to try 'Fresh's' Strawberry Milkshake recipe from the Tube. He uses this stuff at around 3% with a total of 20 + % flavoring along with 3 different Strawberry's (TFA ripe, CAP sweet and FA).

As for creams and strawberry, I have had no issue using FA whipped cream, NF Bavarian Cream, FA Vienna Cream, TFA VBIC, French Vanilla in conjunction with strawberry or other fruit flavors. Steep time sounds about right.
My thought's, for what they're worth:

You could try lower % of Strawberry in your recipe-see if it helps (8% seems high to me in this sort of recipe) I make one similar ADV with 3% Strawberry, but then, have made Strawberry custards with higher %'s without issue!!
or mix and steep separately your cream's and strawberry's, test individually and then combined.

IDK, it's weird...sorry I couldn't be more helpful 'W'. I have some non-cheesy recipes to offer by way of consolation should you like....

I would love to hear (see) some non-cheesy recipes of yours! Thank you, in advance :)

If your recipe turns out cheesy to me then I will book an appointment with the doctor, hopefully he will be able to locate and remove the block of cheese I obviously have lodged somewhere in my gullet.

I will give a 3% Ripe Strawberry recipe a try and see how that tastes:
TFA Ripe Strawberry 3%
CAP Vanilla Custard 2%
FA Cream Fresh 1.5%
Vanilla Swirl 2%
Marshmallow 1.5%

I think I am going to try to move away from using CAP flavours, they all seem to require a lot of breathing before they are vapable. Not sure what it is, but I seem to be sensitive to whatever they put in them, tastes/smells a little acrid to me (Vanilla Custard, Sweet Strawberry, Cake Batter). Next purchases are going to be more FA flavours.

I have seen people using TFA Dairy/Milk in higher percentages than I have tried and loving it, so you might still want to give it a go, as the problem may lie with me rather than the flavouring itself.

Thanks for your input juicynoos :toast:

Reactions: juicynoos

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
You could always try my recipe:

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 15.5%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.5%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.2%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.8%
TFA Sweetener 1.8%

Not a scrap of cheese flavor. :D

Some people respond different to different flavors though; no matter how great it smells, I can't taste cocoa or chocolate in a vape, no matter how much I use; to me it's just not there. I read a post this morning in which someone said that Halo Belgian Cocoa was too strong to them, they have to dilute it -- to me it's just tasteless with a great scent.

Andria

Reactions: DoubleEwe

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree

TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.2%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.8%
TFA Sweetener 1.8%

Some people respond different to different flavors though; no matter how great it smells, I can't taste cocoa or chocolate in a vape, no matter how much I use; to me it's just not there. I read a post this morning in which someone said that Halo Belgian Cocoa was too strong to them, they have to dilute it -- to me it's just tasteless with a great scent.

Andria

I will have to put this recipe on the back burner for the moment (I have none of the flavours apart from Swirl and 30% is pretty strong for my tastes), it does sound good though. I did see someone else saying that they liked the Shisha Strawberry, so that is on my 'to buy' list along with FA Strawberry. So, thank you for posting that up! :)

After yesterday's vaping experience I have decided to leave Strawberry Custards/Creams alone for a little bit, my mouth seems to have a cheese hangover, everything tastes of it, or is at least on the cusp of being cheesy, it is very odd and I cant Camembert to have another day of it.

It did cross my mind about the specific tastes thing, but I have loved some Vendor juices that are a similar flavour profile, others have had the distinct 'off milk' taste (Nice Juice's Strawberry Dream Cream for example). So, I guess it is a question of working out which flavourings produce the effect for me and eliminating them.

With your Cocoa problem, is the taste always lacking or is it there for the first vape and then disappears?
I get the latter with some flavours (mainly custards and vanillas) if I use too much flavouring, the tastebuds becoming quickly sated etc.

I do enjoy DIY, but it is a pain in the buttocks sometimes. And don't get me started on steeping time...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I will have to put this recipe on the back burner for the moment (I have none of the flavours apart from Swirl and 30% is pretty strong for my tastes), it does sound good though. I did see someone else saying that they liked the Shisha Strawberry, so that is on my 'to buy' list along with FA Strawberry. So, thank you for posting that up! :)

After yesterday's vaping experience I have decided to leave Strawberry Custards/Creams alone for a little bit, my mouth seems to have a cheese hangover, everything tastes of it, or is at least on the cusp of being cheesy, it is very odd and I cant Camembert to have another day of it.

It did cross my mind about the specific tastes thing, but I have loved some Vendor juices that are a similar flavour profile, others have had the distinct 'off milk' taste (Nice Juice's Strawberry Dream Cream for example). So, I guess it is a question of working out which flavourings produce the effect for me and eliminating them.

With your Cocoa problem, is the taste always lacking or is it there for the first vape and then disappears?
I get the latter with some flavours (mainly custards and vanillas) if I use too much flavouring, the tastebuds becoming quickly sated etc.

I do enjoy DIY, but it is a pain in the buttocks sometimes. And don't get me started on steeping time...

I simply never taste chocolate at all, in a vape. I created a recipe called Smocha --

Inawera Cappucino 2%
Inawera Coffee Tobacco 2.5%
Inawera Virginia Tobacco Absolute 2.5%
CAP Hazelnut v2 2.5%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2%
TFA Milk Chocolate 3%
TFA Dbl Chocolate-Clear 3%
CAP SweetCream 5%
TFA Malted Milk 1%
TFA Sweetener 1.5%

(it looks like a lot, but it only comes to 25% flavoring!) -- it's got 6% chocolate, 2 different ones, but to me, it just "softens" the bitter bite of that cappucino and maybe the VA TA, though that's a pretty mild TA. It helps out the "creaminess" of it, to me. Someone in the TFA thread tried it and was hollering about how splendidly chocolate it was.... and I'm like, "Uh... what?" Because to me it's just sweet and creamy coffee with smoky notes; when I first wake up, I taste the coffee most. If I vape it after eating, the bitterness helps the TH so the tingle hits the whole mouth, like a cigarette after eating -- but after 3-5 hits, it just tastes like a re-lit .... and I go back to the strawberry. :D Also it's different at different power levels -- low power, it's more creamy and sweet, high power, it's more tobacco-y and bitter. What the power levels may do to the chocolate, I can't say, since I don't taste chocolate in it. :D

I've rarely suffered the dread Vaper's Tongue, but now and then it does seem to lack flavor sometimes; that's another reason I keep that Smocha ready to vape all the time, it helps me taste the sweet stuff better. :thumb:

Andria

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida

TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.2%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.8%
TFA Sweetener 1.8%

Andria
I've made this Andria and love it a lot. Gave some to a coworker and she said it was like one of if not the best ejuice recipes she ever tasted. I did give your name as the creator. ;)
Pure strawberry goodness.

Reactions: AndriaD

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I've made this Andria and love it a lot. Gave some to a coworker and she said it was like one of if not the best ejuice recipes she ever tasted. I did give your name as the creator. ;)
Pure strawberry goodness.

Thanks, it's always nice to hear that my efforts are doing well for others, too. I oughta come up with a zippy name for it. :D This was my first fully-from-scratch effort that succeeded, and it was the one that informed me that yes, vaping could have a fantastic taste, not just a nice smell -- before this one, I hadn't tasted too much. :blink: Except for Sweet-vapes.com's Blueberry Muffin, but that one apparently spoiled me for making my own blueberry recipe; nothing blueberry I've made comes anywhere close to being as good as that, so I finally gave up on blueberry and started working on strawberry. :thumb: Fortunately I didn't have a mental template of what it ought to be like; it's not too hard to come up with something tasty, when you're not trying to copy something else.

Though my Smocha started as an effort to clone Long Bottom Leaf Pipe Sauce; not too successful at that, but still a decent vape.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread