TFA - Juicy Fruit

Discussion in 'Flavor Reviews' started by ardvaark, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ardvaark

ardvaark Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

:w00t: Are you kidding me!? My mouth is still watering.... Easily my lifetime vape. Mixed it at 13% with 3 drops of EM in a 80/20 PG/VG @18mg strength. 10ml batch. EM definitely has a far favorable snappy sweet taste to it over sucralose that goes perfectly with Juicy Fruit. If you love the gum, vaping it is even better.

Enjoy!

Peter

2. Aurora-Oblivion

Aurora-Oblivion Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks, sounds great!

I just received a small sample of this a while ago, so I've been wondering if it was good or not.

3. ardvaark

Interesting thing.... Its not as strong this morning. Almost can't taste it at all? I've heard EM can blow your taste buds out if used in excess. But I only used 3 drops. I mix my EM by using 1/4 tsp of EM crystals to 10ml of PG. I'll have to look into this. Any ideas?

Peter

Edit: Its coming back in slowly now, the taste that is. Maybe its too early for my taste buds or is it the coffee I have in the AM? Nevermind...lol, must have been the coffee. Its back in all its glory.:facepalm:

4. Aurora-Oblivion

Aurora-Oblivion Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Where did you hear that about EM? Please give me a link if you can remember, thanks!

I've been having a taste bud issue lately, and just mixed up and starting using some EM recently too, so maybe that's the source of my issue?

5. ardvaark

Sorry, I don't remember where. But it was here in these forums somewhere.

6. SourGummies

SourGummies Full Member Verified Member

Im going to have to place another order. Wish i would of saw this before placing mine. Im new to the diy so this will be my first time. I ordered sucrose, so maybe when i get the juicy ill try it with that. Thanks.

7. Rin13

Rin13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Maybe 13% is too high of a percentage once it steeps? Using too much flavor can sometimes result in lack of/no taste.
    I can't see how using such a small amount of EM would do that... but anything's possible.

8. bAlexd

bAlexd Full Member

I agree with Rin13. Can you answer us how a small amount of Ethyl Maltol could do that. Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

9. phdillard

phdillard Full Member

I just mixed a batch of TFA Juicy Fruit about a week ago at 10% and it's been great. I wish I would have mixed it at a little higher concentration as I prefer a bit more sweetness than I'm getting at the 10%, but overall its been a good all day vape. Not overpowering, nor too weak, and it doesn't have a smell that makes the wife complain. It's definitely going on the reorder list.

10. Jonathan Tittle

Jonathan Tittle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

If there's one flavor that's spot on, TFA's Juicy Fruit is that flavor :). I ordered some from Wizard Labs by mistake, but I don't regret it at all. If you like the gum, this easily a replica flavor. I just wish other flavors on the market were truly that close.

11. JulesXsmokr

JulesXsmokr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Thanks aardvark, I will have to try this after your favorable review

12. Naccarius

Naccarius Full Member

i remember getting this a few orders ago for free from WL and have ordered it every time since. definately one of my favorites. I mix it at 10% and 70/30 PG/VG @ 16mg

13. madstabber

madstabber Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i've been mixing and vaping tfa juicy fruit for about 6 months now, exclusively. I mix it at about 40% juicy fruit and i just sprinkle some em crystals in with 60 mg 70-30% nicotine, 70 pg, 30vg. It seems everyone mixes this at a lower % but I don't get enough flavor unless I go that high.

14. Wicked & Coiled

Wicked & Coiled Senior Member ECF Veteran

Wow! 40%!

I've been obsessed with this flavor since day 1 of vaping. Honestly, it is what has kept me into vaping. My local B&M makes a killer JF vape in an 80/20pg mix and I've been obsessed with trying to replicate it to save a veritable fortune. It's impossible to find an agreed-upon popular recipe posted anywhere.

I know for a fact, however, the B&M uses FlavorWest JF which I have tried at 15%, and it turned out just "OK" mixed fresh. Not quite measuring up to the B&M's mix, but close. After a month of steeping, it really developed into a decent copy, but not quite there. I now have both EM and Sucralose added to the arsenal which I believe they use as well.

Picked up some TFA JF mix, and I'm gonna give it a shot at 18% with some EM. Just don't know what % to go with on the EM, and whether the addition of Sucralose will make it sickly-sweet. Trial and error, I guess?

The strange thing about EM, if you look into it, is that it IS the sole ingredient in "Cotton Candy" flavoring. The cotton candy bottle even says: EM Crystals and PG. My understanding is they mix it to 10%, thus it is the equivalent of buying the straight liquid EM or crystals, and diluting it yourself. Guess we'll see how it goes.

15. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I use TPA juice fruit I mix it at 15% with 5% sweetener It's Awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.