TFA pear and TFA juicy peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
I have both and can't seem to get a good recipe with them. I've tried combining both..standalone...I really need a good recipe or 3 for the pear. The peach leaves a weird syrupy taste almost like cough syrup I don't care for.

I have the TFA Pear and TFA Peach (not juicy) and have been struggling with them, Peach in particular. Tried solo, then with dragon blood (too heavy), now thinking more in a Peaches and creme direction. Have had several mixes taste good for a few days only to drift off again. S&S is prolly right about going lighter with them, have noticed the regular Peach tends to dominate other flavors as it matures. Originally got both flavors thinking they would make good, light, fruity vapes without needing much else.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
What % are you using? Try lowering the %. I use both and don't need much at all.
:)

I tried pear @ 3% mixed In a recipe but all I taste is pear. Mixed it with some apple and same thing happened...just pear overpowering everything.

Peach I use at 3-6%.

What are some recipes you use them in?

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I have the TFA Pear and TFA Peach (not juicy) and have been struggling with them, Peach in particular. Tried solo, then with dragon blood (too heavy), now thinking more in a Peaches and creme direction. Have had several mixes taste good for a few days only to drift off again. S&S is prolly right about going lighter with them, have noticed the regular Peach tends to dominate other flavors as it matures. Originally got both flavors thinking they would make good, light, fruity vapes without needing much else.

I'm having the same problems.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I make an ejuice of just peach by using at least 3 different manufacturers versions. ie fa white peach, tfa juicy peach and tfa reg peach. I use 2% each and then steep naturally for at least 3 weeks. After that the flavor is consistent. It can be vaped right away(and I do if I am out) but I find the best flavor @ 3 weeks. You may have to adjust each % to your own liking but this is a good starting point.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm having the same problems.
Pear tends to over power everything it is mixed with. Do a couple of testers-- one @ half a % and one @ 1%. 2-5 mls should give you a good amt to be able to tell if you are liking what you made. If using to mix with another flavor, I'd go for the half % and let it steep at least a week before tasting it.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
TFA Pear is pretty darn good. It does dominate a mix though. I really like it with CAP Green Apple. Heavy on the apple and a bit of pear in there to give it some texture.

I also just like TFA Pear just by itself. It almost has a creamy note to me. I am gonna be messing with it a bit more so I will post back with my findings for you.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I use peach and pear all the time, but not TFA. My top everyday vaping mixes with these include one that I make with peach, strawberry, mango, coconut, and tahiti vanilla. Peach is the top note, but offset quite a bit by the others. I use a lot of coconut in this (more volume than the peach) just to get a fairly subtle coconut flavor. The vanilla just rounds it all off nicely -- there is no strong vanilla overtone. I make this mix with all inawera, but recommend playing around with it with your flavors. This one is my "If I Could Have Only One" juice. My desert island juice.

Peach to me is really overpowering and tends to be boring-samey, so it needs to be resolutely tamed with other ingredients. I find orange not the best to offset it, and pineapple (which I love) is maybe too wimpy to stand up to peach, so in this recipe: strawberry because it can hold its own, and mango because it also has its own assertive interesting flavor. The coconut makes it all different than just a juicyfruit gum sort of flavor, and the vanilla adds a bit of creaminess and hint of spice. (been meaning to try adding a drop of cactus in this mix, but haven't done it yet)

With pear, another of my everyday vapes is pear and melon (again, I'm using inawera, but play with your flavors) with a special ice cream flavor -- my lovely secret weapon ingredient, Atmos Labs' "Kaimaki." (Explanation of what Greek ice cream Kaimaki is here). This is an unusual flavor that I end up using a lot, because it isn't yet another VANILLA!VANILLA!VANILLA! thing, adds a really nice roundness, creaminess and mouthfeel without a lot of extra sweetness. I always have a couple of bottles going, and mix it up with my shisha strawberry, orange, mandarin, pineapple -- anything that I want to plump with some nice creaminess and tiny little addition of (kind of indescribable) flavor. I don't know if this is easy to get in the US, but if trying something else, look for something that isn't vanilla (which to me really doesn't work with this recipe). My recipe for this is in terms of amount of flavoring in relation to each other is 55% pear, 18% melon, 27% Kaimaki. It could go 50 / 20 / 30 for ease, but it depends on your flavors: basically the melon needs to be very much just a supporting player to the pear.

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
Both of these are "oldies but goodies" involving Juicy Peach. JACE is still one of my faves, RvB I play around with a lot subbing different fruits and percentages.
Red v. Blue

Strawberry- 6%
Peach- 6%
Blueberry- 6%

You can add menthol, if you want to. When I do, it's usually at .5%
JACE:
6% Juicy peach
5% Apple
3% Champagne
2% EM
Nice and tasty with more of a real fruit taste not so much a fruit candy taste

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
upload_2016-12-11_11-21-21.png

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
I hate that I got 4oz of pear and peach now lol..this is the least versatile flavors I have...wth was I thinking lol

I think both Pear and Peach will be redeemable flavors in time Adam. Maraschino Cherry is a different story. It should be near the top of the 'Irredeemable Flavor' list if there is such a thing. Would rather vape 10% WD-40 in 90% PG...

Reactions: Adam harris
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread