TFV12 ANYBODY???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
2 weeks? Try 2 months in my experience. And for this particular order, I could have gotten the main item for as cheap or cheaper in the US (though the cases, coils, drip tips etc. were markedly cheaper).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2 months is indeed bullsh*t. Not worth it... Looking at how fast these manufacturers pop out new tanks and stuff the one you ordered might have already a new improved version when you finally receive it :p

I'll just go ahead and try that triple deck. It's just 9 bucks, so damage is little if these insulators really do melt.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
The Cloud Beast King arrived today, FedEx gave it to the post office and they delivered it this afternoon. It has the dual and triple coil decks. I never thought I'd be buying a Cloud Beast but I like what smok has done and feel I should give it a try. Took about a month to get here, about an hours flight from China to the US, then traveled by land across the US.

Reactions: theclaw20

theclaw20

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2017
The Cloud Beast King arrived today, FedEx gave it to the post office and they delivered it this afternoon. It has the dual and triple coil decks. I never thought I'd be buying a Cloud Beast but I like what Smok has done and feel I should give it a try. Took about a month to get here, about an hours flight from China to the US, then traveled by land across the US.
Triple deck is amazing. Make sure to use a lot of power.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016

One of my favorite vids for the Smok TFV 12, I have to mention I have The Cloud Beast King RBA Edition which includes the dual and triple coils but none of the atomizers.
Since the coils are included all I had to do was wick them.
On my first try I had to much cotton and didn't get the vapor, I redid the wicking this morning and it is much better on vapor and flavor. Right now I'm vaping at 355 F which seems about right for me. This gives me a chance to clean the coil in the TFV 8 RBA, it was much worse than was expected but still provided the vapor and flavor. I saw in a vid the resistance for the dual coil should be .27 ohms, guess I should begin looking for a spool of wire that can be used for new coils.

theclaw20

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2017
At least you got juice in it. I try to fill mine through the little fill hole and it runs right out the bottom. I've checked and rechecked that everything is tight and all the seals are there. No I'm not filling through the the center air hole.
That's weird. I get no leaking whatsoever with my TFV12 unless I underuse cotton, and even then it's minimal.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Again I have the RBA Edition of the tank, the bottom deck I use has a black gasket that must be meant to not let the liquid flow out, probably the same as any atomizers you would use in a regular tank, I'd try replacing that gasket and make sure it's nice and snug. I'm getting used to the settings and things now, it's easy to get massive clouds from this thing at only 350 F. I just finished cleaning the coils in the TFV8 RBA, I think the coils will be lasting a long long time.

Reactions: 5cardstud

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Again I have the RBA Edition of the tank, the bottom deck I use has a black gasket that must be meant to not let the liquid flow out, probably the same as any atomizers you would use in a regular tank, I'd try replacing that gasket and make sure it's nice and snug. I'm getting used to the settings and things now, it's easy to get massive clouds from this thing at only 350 F. I just finished cleaning the coils in the TFV8 RBA, I think the coils will be lasting a long long time.
I'll try replacing all the gaskets but it pours out the bottom unimpeded so unless I'm missing something it would have to be a pretty large gasket.
The only one that I didn't put in was the big one (there's a red and a black one) that has "TFV12 BEAST KING" printed on it but I think it's just decoration.
I have a couple sub ohm tanks I don't use much so I'm relatively new to sub ohm tanks. I have built mods and have been vaping since 09 but it could be something I'm doing wrong. I'm thinking of using the triple coil deck to see if maybe it's the deck that's not right.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
At least you got juice in it. I try to fill mine through the little fill hole and it runs right out the bottom. I've checked and rechecked that everything is tight and all the seals are there. No I'm not filling through the the center air hole.
Take it apart clean it and reassemble

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5cardstud

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Duh it looks like I wicked it all wrong. My first rba. Stupid is as stupid does.
b308d260488ccfa7f982281ee862c1fa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread