• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

TFV4 mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporado

Sep 25, 2015
In Da Clouds
vape" data-source="post: 16807471" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Comrade vape said:
You have to leave Mordor by crossing the bridge back up to the Shire.

P.s. be careful of the Orcs and Gollum on your journey back.
the priest at the shire says that their stock for the crystal glass hasnt arrive.. gonna wait for their griffon to deliver.. how many silvers am i looking at for it?

William Hartman

Nov 29, 2015
Silent Hill
may i ask where to buy spare glass tank for tfv4.. broke mine when untightening it .. insanely tight.. dang
I'm going to pay the vapeshop to change my coil to work for less wattage on my TFV4, I like this site for spare glass and they have Purple for the TFV4 mini

Tanks

Last edited:

William Hartman

Nov 29, 2015
Silent Hill
I put in some 50/50 mix liquid into it and immediately got the bottom air chamber filled with juice, leak through the wick. I'm not using it until I've gotten the 1.5 ohm coil. I've looked at the .2 and the other coil that came with it and think they might be too open to stop leaks through them. Here is some reasons they say it might be leaking.
Juice being less than 70/30 High VG (thicker) or innappropriately labeled High VG.
I filled the tanks following the video on SMOK's website. This was probably wrong because they don't prime the coil and they fill the tank with the airholes on the bottom in the open position. Other posts about fixing leaks on this tank instruct you to always fill the tank with the bottom vent closed.
After filling they said to prime the tank by taking a couple puffs after filling to create a vacuum in the tank to prevent leaking.
They spend a lot of time talking about changing the rubber O-rings, but the O-ring seems fine and the leak is too fast to be that.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I put in some 50/50 mix liquid into it and immediately got the bottom air chamber filled with juice, leak through the wick. I'm not using it until I've gotten the 1.5 ohm coil. I've looked at the .2 and the other coil that came with it and think they might be too open to stop leaks through them. Here is some reasons they say it might be leaking.
Juice being less than 70/30 High VG (thicker) or innappropriately labeled High VG.
I filled the tanks following the video on SMOK's website. This was probably wrong because they don't prime the coil and they fill the tank with the airholes on the bottom in the open position. Other posts about fixing leaks on this tank instruct you to always fill the tank with the bottom vent closed.
After filling they said to prime the tank by taking a couple puffs after filling to create a vacuum in the tank to prevent leaking.
They spend a lot of time talking about changing the rubber O-rings, but the O-ring seems fine and the leak is too fast to be that.
Trying screwing the coil (or RBA) onto the chimney first, then the bottom section onto the bottom of the coil (or RBA)

I use 50/50 or 60/40 all the time and the above is what i did to cease the leaks, plus after filling, primer puff (draw without firing) as you open the airflow back up

Seems their tolerance of the tank height arent great or the orings should be thicker...

William Hartman

Nov 29, 2015
Silent Hill
I'm told o-rings aren't good in threads, they are meant for straight even compression. I don't know if a gasket or something else works better. I also sawed off the lip on the top white peice of rubber on one of my TFV4 large tanks to stop it from making the top stick up with a gap. Someone on youtube showed me it allows air in the top and causes leaks. I tried the coil in the tank first, but it kept trying to cross-thread and those threads are too weak that I'm afraid of messing with them. Plus I think that may be for preventing the top O-ring from leaking, and I am not filling the tank up to that level so the leak is on the bottom or through the big coil cotton wall. I still don't get why juices are different. I have Forever and Spring Vapor brand 50/50 Angel Food Cake mixes, the Spring Vapor one is much lighter weight and easier to pour like it has more PG than VG. It also has much more dry mouth that you get from the PG in a liquid.

William Hartman

Nov 29, 2015
Silent Hill
The 50/50 mix seems to be the issue. I had to replace the aspire mega tank, I had thought, because of ridiculous unbearable leakage. I was thinking that it was the same setup as the cheap pen vaporizers. Don't do that. No place in the instruction page of the tank told me to only use High VG liquids in a Subohm tank. The guy at the vaporizer shop acted like that was common knowledge. The mix I ultimately bought was Vape Storm OMG nicotine 19 PG and 81 VG. Surprise, the Aspire Mega tank now is fine. He added 12MG nicotine but it either didn't mix well or wasn't any good so I added 50/50 30 MG to it about 30%. The white chocolate doesn't mix good with the Veruca's blue Raspberry but it's drugs so who can complain. Just needs some Caffeine is all. Also IJUST2 is not a problem, it was watery juice and has nothing to do with the IJUST2 having low power or anything. The battery is perfectly fine in it after like 2 months, they just need to reprint the instructions on the subohm tank to explain the High VG necessity on the subohm coils.

William Hartman

Nov 29, 2015
Silent Hill
Just got New 1.5 SMOK TF-T2 Air Coil and did a leak test with my old 50/50, same flooding, just not instantly like the .2 ohm coil that came with the tank. Lasted 5, 6 big drags first. Then I primed a new coil (same 1.5 ohm high resistance-low wattage series) with the high VG juice I got in hopes of fixing the leakage, which I'm pretty sure was through the cotton, but anyway, didn't leak at all. I also had forgotten to close the vent when I filled it, didn't matter still no leaks. Also, I am not using the airflow top, replaced that. This is a very passive coil at 1.5 ohms. I prefer it because the heat from the other setups I had was bothering my teeth a bit. I am not getting any heat out of this, except from the airflow area from the coil. Definately my favorite tank now, the heavier duty coils might work with high VG too.

William Hartman

Nov 29, 2015
Silent Hill
I think I am answering you, my .1 and .2 coils in my TFV4(came with it). Caused my low powered unit and battery to heat up and also burn up and malfunction. I could not find the SMOK TF-T2 Air Core coil anywhere except online. That is what I needed. I have the X cube mini set on HARD (which just makes it heat up without delay) and 30 watts and it is perfect. The juice flavor is good to me, and it consumes juice at a relatively good level. It may be showing protection if your liquid is too thin, thick causing leaks. I had Vape Storm Veruca blend "81 PG" seemed to not burn enough or it was to thick. Now am using Vaporfi regular strength nicotine and 70% VG mix. The only mix I got to not leak and work perfectly in the full size tank. I like their natural ingredients. I hated the flavor a lot until I cleared the coil of the last Veruca flavor. But when I said my battery was heating up before I meant immediately and molten hot

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Guy I need some help I using SS316L 24ga on my tfv4 but my mod evic vtc mini when I try to vape it keep show protection. Coil is 0.16ohm 6 warp dual coil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1) Check that you have the correct TCR set for SS - 0.00092 or 92 i think on the VTC

2) Try building a single (or combined dual coil) that measures around 0.5 ohm or above 316L ss coil to test. SS doesnt change its resistance as it heats very much compared to other tc wires. I have been using SS on tc for 4 months or so, and can tell you even on my sx mini 0.4 is only just a decent vape. 0.6 seems to be the best for me on both the TreeBox and the SX Mini.

Just because you can build down to insane sub sub ohm doesnt mean you should, or that it will work with all wires reliably.....the lowest ive ever built was a 0.09 single nickel...once.... an above 0.4 is far better to me at least than a low number build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread