TFV8 alternative that doesn't eat up juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakista301

Sep 22, 2016
Hello. I'm looking for a new tank that doesnt eat up juice a lot. Tfv8 and rx200s is my first ever vape set. It was recommended to me by a classmate. It is doing me good in abstaining away from smoking. However, i notice I spend more Money with juice than l marlboro cigarettes. a 30 ml juice is done in 2 days using the RBA. My original goal is to just abstain from smoking and i think the tfv8 is too much? i do smoke every hour when i was smoking and now I chainvape.

I hope you could recommend me some tanks that doesn't consume a lot of juice. Someone recommended the serpent mini and goblin v3 mini. I don't know if those are good or just another juice drinkers. I'm also interested with the evic vtwo with cubis pro And the evic vtc with cubis. Plesse enlighten me vape masters.:)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Is this your first time vaping? The Tfv8 is a real "cloud chaser" sort of tank. It's great at what it does, but if all you want is to vape to stop smoking, and don't care about big clouds there are many other choices. All can work with the RX200s you have, so no need to replace that. The first question is, do you want something with premade factory coils, or do you want to start building and wicking your own? There is nothing wrong with using factory coils, but your choices of tanks are different.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
50cb6b84e1667baa0990f768b313ff27.jpg
Chain vaping will eat up juice no matter what tank you use
I vape for the nicotine hit..I also like to vape at least three mods/tanks with different flavors to avoid flavor burn out..2 hits from any of these TFV8 tanks does the trick..no need for me to chain vape at all..saves juice big-time, least it does for me.. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Hello. I'm looking for a new tank that doesnt eat up juice a lot. Tfv8 and rx200s is my first ever vape set. It was recommended to me by a classmate. It is doing me good in abstaining away from smoking. However, i notice I spend more Money with juice than l marlboro cigarettes. a 30 ml juice is done in 2 days using the RBA. My original goal is to just abstain from smoking and i think the tfv8 is too much? i do smoke every hour when i was smoking and now I chainvape.

I hope you could recommend me some tanks that doesn't consume a lot of juice. Someone recommended the serpent mini and goblin v3 mini. I don't know if those are good or just another juice drinkers. I'm also interested with the evic vtwo with cubis pro And the evic vtc with cubis. Plesse enlighten me vape masters.:)
518fda4d565b566cd67c0e6c7b7a3f43.jpg
Can you build? If so you might want to take a look at the Sense RTA-2 seen here..I've got a dual 24g Nichrome build in that vapes great but not the big or dense clouds I get with the TFV8..(uses less juice too)
Bigger velocity style deck makes this easy to build, large adjustable juice channels and wide open airflow.... just a thought, :)

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
Have you tried upping your nic level? The fact you are using 30 ml in two days due to chain vaping makes me think you might be too low. A 30 ml bottle can last me about a week at 12mg, about two days if I go to 6mg. I used to drip at 24mg for about a year, I only recently stepped down to 12mg about three months ago, after about six months at 18mg.

Reactions: smacksy

Rakista301

Sep 22, 2016
Have you tried upping your nic level? The fact you are using 30 ml in two days due to chain vaping makes me think you might be too low. A 30 ml bottle can last me about a week at 12mg, about two days if I go to 6mg. I used to drip at 24mg for about a year, I only recently stepped down to 12mg about three months ago, after about six months at 18mg.

Unfortunately, it is really harr to find juices higher than 3mg in my place. I found this juice a little bit expensive that gives me a good throat hit and i really like this juice but i still finish it in two days.

Rakista301

Sep 22, 2016
518fda4d565b566cd67c0e6c7b7a3f43.jpg
Can you build? If so you might want to take a look at the Sense RTA-2 seen here..I've got a dual 24g Nichrome build in that vapes great but not the big or dense clouds I get with the TFV8..(uses less juice too)
Bigger velocity style deck makes this easy to build, large adjustable juice channels and wide open airflow.... just a thought, :)

Not all RTAs are available in my area. Those were my choices cox they are readily available. Otheres are gemini, griffin and griffij mini, moonshot, and goblin. Please help me choose.:)

Reactions: smacksy

Rakista301

Sep 22, 2016
Is this your first time vaping? The Tfv8 is a real "cloud chaser" sort of tank. It's great at what it does, but if all you want is to vape to stop smoking, and don't care about big clouds there are many other choices. All can work with the RX200s you have, so no need to replace that. The first question is, do you want something with premade factory coils, or do you want to start building and wicking your own? There is nothing wrong with using factory coils, but your choices of tanks are different.

I do want an rta and something i can rewick from time to time.

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
Unfortunately, it is really harr to find juices higher than 3mg in my place. I found this juice a little bit expensive that gives me a good throat hit and i really like this juice but i still finish it in two days.
I would suggest you order some 100mg online and add a bit to the 3mg juice. The math is quite simple, say for instance I had 30ml of 3mg juice that I wanted to raise to 6mg. I would simply add .3ml nic base per 10ml juice. So to get 30ml of 3mg juice to 6mg I need only add an extra .9ml. The amount added should not dilute the flavor by any noticeable amount. After doing that a couple times you might actually find that making your own juice is really not very difficult. I've been making my own for over a year now and only ever buy premixed juice when I want to get a taste of something I may want to try and clone. It takes about 5 min to mix for the most part.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Not all RTAs are available in my area. Those were my choices cox they are readily available. Otheres are gemini, griffin and griffij mini, moonshot, and goblin. Please help me choose.:)
I like the Griffin too..it's the one I'd choose in your situation..
I have the Griffin 25 and it's great..
I think Rip Trippers has a YouTube review on it

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
I would suggest you order some 100mg online and add a bit to the 3mg juice. The math is quite simple, say for instance I had 30ml of 3mg juice that I wanted to raise to 6mg. I would simply add .3ml nic base per 10ml juice. So to get 30ml of 3mg juice to 6mg I need only add an extra .9ml. The amount added should not dilute the flavor by any noticeable amount. After doing that a couple times you might actually find that making your own juice is really not very difficult. I've been making my own for over a year now and only ever buy premixed juice when I want to get a taste of something I may want to try and clone. It takes about 5 min to mix for the most part.
Off topic but it's funny that I've been doing the opposite of that. I wanna do the DIY stuff because of cost saving as the juice is pretty expensive here in my country. The cheapest reasonable quality juice I could find is $8 for 10ml. That turns out to be much more expensive than smoking for me as analogues are pretty cheap here.

Now diluted nicotine and flavor concentrates are not readily available here. What I ended up doing is that I bought ejuice with 24mg concentration and some VG and PG (either one is $9 for 250ml) and just diluted the juice to about 6mg. That's adding 3x PG/VG mix to the actual juice. Brings down the cost but flavor is almost completely lost which I don't care too much about anyway. However it would be nice if someone could recommend an online seller for nicotine and flavor concentrates that ships worldwide and accepts credit card for payment (PayPal doesn't work here).

Maybe I should start a new thread LOL

Last edited:

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
Off topic but it's funny that I've been doing the opposite of that. I wanna do the DIY stuff because of cost saving as the juice is pretty expensive here in my country. The cheapest reasonable quality juice I could find is $8 for 10ml. That turns out to be much more expensive than smoking for me as analogues are pretty cheap here.

Now diluted nicotine and flavor concentrates are not readily available here. What I ended up doing is that I bought ejuice with 24mg concentration and some VG and PG (either one is $9 for 250ml) and just diluted the juice to about 6mg. That's adding 3x PG/VG mix to the actual juice. Brings down the cost but flavor is almost completely lost which I don't care too much about anyway. However it would be nice if someone could recommend an online seller for nicotine and flavor concentrates that ships worldwide and accepted credit card for payment (PayPal doesn't work here).

Maybe I should start a new thread LOL
You should start a new thread in the DYI forum, make sure you include the country, chances are there are a number of vapers doing DYI there already.

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
I like the Griffin too..it's the one I'd choose in your situation..
I have the Griffin 25 and it's great..
I think Rip Trippers has a YouTube review on it

Occam's razor, the simpler the solution.... OP stated he is chain vaping on a cloud machine at 3mg. Rather than buying a bunch of new tanks and still getting frustrated, it really does look like its the nicotine, or lack thereof. A lot of us got off the cigs with egos and clearomizers, it wasn't till the mods got more powerful that the low nic juices started to gain popularity with cloud chasers, so much so that it started to become quite difficult to find juice in the higher levels. That's was what got me into DYI in the first place. A lot of people would look at me as if I had two heads when I was dripping on a tri coiled build at .3ohms using 24mg juice. Good thing was that they never bummed my juice more than once LOL. Now I sell a couple bottles every two weeks or so, and with those meager profits I basically vape for free.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Reads to me like OP wants to lower the cost of juice by using less juice in a different tank. While that can be accomplished, by how much and at what cost? Seems to me the easiest and cheapest way to accomplish his goals is to pick up enough DIY supplies to mix up some unflavored juice at what, around $0.50 a 30ml bottle and give that a try. As I and others have found, not a bad vape. If that falls a bit short of his desire, pick up a couple flavors and experiment with that. Then he can stay with a set-up that is working for him and who knows where that easy step might lead him?

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
A TFV8 for your first tank? Really? o_O
Oh well...

One possible solution, as already pointed out, would be try upping your nicotine.
See if that helps with the chain-vaping.

But the TFV8 is the moxt extreme cloud-chasing clearomizer available right now.
You can get a satisfying lung-inhale vape with way less juice and power demands with
another less extreme tank.

A Toptank/Subtank from Kanger or an Atlantis EVO from Aspire still produce big clouds (vs huge clouds from the TFV8) with excellent flavor and a nice restricted lung hit with 20-40W.
If you use these with higher nic juice (lets say 6mg... maybe 9mg... at first) you should be able
to get a satisfying vape.

Well... probably, because that is not so for all people. Some do need huge clouds to keep them off the cigs.
But it's a sliding scale... If you think the clouds from an Atlantis are too puny, then
-as also suggested in this thread- a TVF8 baby would be a good middle ground.

I just assume that you are indeed a direct-lung-inhaler, since you were chain vaping that cloud beast
without getting put off by it ;)

As for RTA... yeah... Goblin Mini v3 or Serpent Mini would be good. Griffin and Moonshot not so much..
these are more high-power high-airflow type tanks, i.e. juice guzzlers. They are good though.
I just can't get my Griffin 25 to vape right under 60W... minimum.

However i'd much rather recommend a top-coil RTA (so-called RDTA) for first time builders.
Much less that can go wrong with your build. With bottom-coil RTAs you have to get the
balance with cotton/coil/juice viscosity right to get it to work leak and dry-hit free.
Top-coilers are much less susceptible to that. So i'd say an Avocado maybe or
Ijoy Limitless Plus or Combo... With turned down airflow and power and nicotine turned up... else there's gonna be juice guzzle alert ;)

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I've been using a big block RDA,limitless plus,velocity 2 and a melo 3 mini which all eat juice.Plus one cannot drive safely vaping huge clouds.
    I was using 30ml a day and sometimes a bit more.

The subtank mini or other single coil RTA can put out some great flavor and vape for a single coil.
    Subtank mini was the most popular RTA at one time and I can see why.
    I only use 9ml a day and it doesn't leak,hits consistently and best of all 15-20 watts fires a 1.3 ohm coil plenty hot so a single battery can last all day.One can put a sub coil in it for bigger clouds but I think higher ohm brings out flavor.m
    If I chain vape I use 3mg,if slower I add some 6mg in.
    They're on eBay for 16.00 or best offer and pass the authentic code test.
    The only con is the screw in RDA can make it difficult at times to attach tank,but there are other single coil RTA that will save on juice.
    I use my subtank mini more than any other tank now.
    I'm still searching for a flavor tank,Lemo drop,kayfun 5,etc...,but for 16.00 I can't complain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread