Tfv8 baby beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionpappa

Aug 23, 2016
My setup is a smok quantum, tfv8 baby beast using the 0.4ohm Q2 coil.

When I set it in TC mode, I chose 50watts and stainless steel, and 230C (450F). But when I fire it, the temp barely reaches 100C (210F), more like half that temp.

Questions are:
1. What material are the tfv8 baby beast coils? Are they stainless steel or just kanthal (which just jumps back to wattage mode)?

2. If i barely reach the temp protection, does that mean its indifferent whether I vape in wattage mode or TC mode?

3. Is it kinda pointless to use TC mode if vaping under 80watts?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I picked up the SMOK Alien kit Friday and just fired up the TFV8 Baby Beast today with the Q2 coil in power mode. Worked my way up to 58 watts so far and seems to be working just fine. I asked the shop if they would buy the tank if I bought it since I didn't need another tank, especially such a small one. But I am really getting to like the whole set-up and glad I got and kept it all.

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
I just got the bby beast and like it so far. Imo the only people who enjoy temp control are persons who prefer a cool vape. I have never been satisfied with it even with my dna devices, it just seems weak. Just my opinion. Also some chips arent very accurate so i would just experament by increasing the temp until it almost burns the cotton and then decrease a little.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I just got a Baby Beast TFV8 yesterday and I started out with the X4 Quad coils which are wonderful! I was looking to see if they made coils for TC yet but not as far as I have found just yet.

To my knowledge, they do not, but you do have the RBA if you want to build out something for TC.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
it's asinine but the baby beast doesn't come with the RBA, you have to buy it separately.. the cloud and bib baby beasts both come with the RBA... the RBA for the cloud and big baby will NOT fit in the baby beast. BABY RBA is the one for it. oh and yes the wire is kanthal, so no TC unless you get the rbas.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I just got the bby beast and like it so far. Imo the only people who enjoy temp control are persons who prefer a cool vape. I have never been satisfied with it even with my dna devices, it just seems weak. Just my opinion. Also some chips arent very accurate so i would just experament by increasing the temp until it almost burns the cotton and then decrease a little.
Simply increase the temperature and you'll get a hot vape. It's very unlikely that you're vaping above 600°F in any case.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cheallaigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread