Tfv8 baby beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I am not a wizard or warlock, nor do I practice voodoo. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. :rolleyes:

I guess I have been blessed with good luck with coils in my TFV8, Baby Beast, and Big Baby. I have settled in with the T8 coils and run them at 54 - 68 watts (115-125 on the TFV8) and although I use them in rotation, I get at least a month out of all of them. One thing that allows me to do is prime and install a new coil and let it sit overnight rather then the 5 - 15 minutes many suggest. Type of juice was also one of my first thoughts, but I run some fairly sweet juice through mine, so Idunnaknow!

One thing that does make me wonder and I didn't see mentioned by anyone, is where those only getting a day out of a coil are getting them? May not provide any clues, but who knows?

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
I love the BB with the T8 coil on the Alien.
I also have the BBB on order, for the bigger reservoir.
(Plus it is always nice to have an extra tank to swap flavors without emptying and cleaning the single tank. With my Itaste VV I have about 4 kanger tanks so I can swap a lot).
I have both set ups you have (along with bb, Melo 3mini and unopened Cleito) and I have 12 of the iclear tanks for my Itaste VV and 6 of the colored dual coil bottom ones BECAUSE I never knew how to correctly switch flavors! I still don't to be honest..I usually just buy more tanks. Having just bought 3 sample pks from Vape Wild with 18 new juices to try..I need to start googling how to switch flavors. I want 3 flavors to sit around the house with and 3 to take out n about, that's why i am trying new all the time. Since you have both.. what's the best/easiest way to try these flavors in the smaller tanks? You have good taste btw.

Reactions: C.C. 95

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
I have both set ups you have (along with bb, Melo 3mini and unopened Cleito) and I have 12 of the iclear tanks for my Itaste VV and 6 of the colored dual coil bottom ones BECAUSE I never knew how to correctly switch flavors! I still don't to be honest..I usually just buy more tanks. Having just bought 3 sample pks from Vape Wild with 18 new juices to try..I need to start googling how to switch flavors. I want 3 flavors to sit around the house with and 3 to take out n about, that's why i am trying new all the time. Since you have both.. what's the best/easiest way to try these flavors in the smaller tanks? You have good taste btw.
I LIKE havinge extra protank 2 minis for my itaste VV 2.
I have 4, and I just switch flavors on the fly with each tank!
With my Smok Alien I have the BB, BBB and just got the Cloud Beast King for sh*ts and giggles! (And ridiculous clouds!). So, I switch the tanks there between those three.
And with my Aspire CF Sub I have the Atlanis tank, and just added the Atlantis EVO.
So, I am totally into the tank switching for convenience.
But I did learn a neat trick for switching flavors (which I will try in a week). You get the Halo Fuzion juice (which is unflavored) and add that to your tank when you are just about finished with your current juice in the tank, and it sort of "cleanses" the flavor out of the coil as you vape the unflavored bit. Worth a shot! (I just ordered some).
Btw- just discovered Element Juices - and they are the bomb!
Fresh Squeeze is like vaping a real orange! Incredible!

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
With my Smok Alien I have the BB, BBB and just got the Cloud Beast King for sh*ts and giggles! (And ridiculous clouds!). So, I switch the tanks there between those three.
And with my Aspire CF Sub I have the Atlanis tank, and just added the Atlantis EVO.
But I did learn a neat trick for switching flavors (which I will try in a week). You get the Halo Fuzion juice (which is unflavored) and add that to your tank when you are just about finished with your current juice in the tank, and it sort of "cleanses" the flavor out of the coil as you vape the unflavored bit. Worth a shot! (I just ordered some).
I just got 20 sample size bottles from Vape Wild, I was spazzin switching flavors, but I started with a single flavor and went up to the more complex so not to mix weird flavors. Let me know how that unflavored works...been gun shy since going from a strong to milder flavor in my AIO and still tasting it in the cleaned coil.

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
I just got 20 sample size bottles from Vape Wild, I was spazzin switching flavors, but I started with a single flavor and went up to the more complex so not to mix weird flavors. Let me know how that unflavored works...been gun shy since going from a strong to milder flavor in my AIO and still tasting it in the cleaned coil.
Will do!
I learned the hard way that flavor is subjective, and whenever possible try new flavors in 10ML bottles.
I am stuck with a bunch of 30ML bottles of stuff I just don't dig. Maybe I'll try frankensteining them together!
But I definitely will buy the small bottles until I find my favs.
(Problem is there are SO MANY juices!).
My favs so far for all day vapes:
MOSA
ELEMENT's FRESH SQUEEZE
And a 80% to 20% combo of Black Note Tobacco & VaporFi Ice Menthol

Bullhandbeast22

Mar 4, 2017
I see people saying this and it blows my mind. I had the x4 and it blew in little over 24hrs. I was vaping at 50 watts.
I just bought myour tfv8 baby beast yeasterday and emedatly put the q2 0.4 ohm coil in it and primed it 6 times with the airflow off and let it set for about 35 to 50 seconds and didn't holed back in took 156 puffs in 15 to 25 mins then plugged my alien in Bc the new battery died on my and let it set in my work Truck for two hours or so picked up and vaped it somemore then I turned it up all the way on watt mode and hit it twice just to see and then once it charged I went to show a coworker how big the clouds where coming

Bullhandbeast22

Mar 4, 2017
Vaping at 30watts is not enough power for me. I find myself pulling to hard and it's not satisfying, and I don't get great flavor. Also do you read the best wattage pref written right on the coil? I am vaping right in the best wattage rang.
I know exactly what you mean I run my Q2 0.4 ohm coil in my baby beast and I vape anywhere from 35w to 45w and that's a good vape for me it's a nice satisfying temp of vape and I don't have to works as hard to get the vape out lol and when I first got my alien AL85 with the baby beast I vapid no higher than 50w and keeped it at 40w most of the time but I gave that coil 3 hours to sock and turned it up to 85w toke two short hits and blow massive clouds so I went to show my coworker how much came out of that little mod and hit it in front of him but this time I took a bigger dripper style hit and it was straight burnt taste so I turned it back down to 40w and tried hitting it again and hit it four times within a min or so and it still tasted burnt so I took my coil oUT to look at it and what had happened and might be happening to you is the e-juice was scorching on the coil Bc it was getting hot to fast and burning the juice so
Where do you by the orange
I just bought myour tfv8 baby beast yeasterday and emedatly put the q2 0.4 ohm coil in it and primed it 6 times with the airflow off and let it set for about 35 to 50 seconds and didn't holed back in took 156 puffs in 15 to 25 mins then plugged my alien in Bc the new battery died on my and let it set in my work Truck for two hours or so picked up and vaped it somemore then I turned it up all the way just to see what it had in the little fella and took to hits about 2.5 secs each hit and blow massive clouds out so I went to show my coworker how much vape came out of that little mod and I took a dripper style hit and my lungs tried to deflate like balloons Bc it was straight burnt taste so I turned it back down and I hit it four times after that and everytime it tasted burnt so I figured heck well I fried that coil so I went to replace it and looked in side the coil after I took it out and all that high temperature escalating rapidly it scorched the e-juice and the same might be happening to you all I did was blow it out with my mouth and stuck it back in and hit it a couple more times and by the second hit it was back to normal

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
I know exactly what you mean I run my Q2 0.4 ohm coil in my baby beast and I vape anywhere from 35w to 45w and that's a good vape for me it's a nice satisfying temp of vape and I don't have to works as hard to get the vape out lol and when I first got my alien AL85 with the baby beast I vapid no higher than 50w and keeped it at 40w most of the time but I gave that coil 3 hours to sock and turned it up to 85w toke two short hits and blow massive clouds so I went to show my coworker how much came out of that little mod and hit it in front of him but this time I took a bigger dripper style hit and it was straight burnt taste so I turned it back down to 40w and tried hitting it again and hit it four times within a min or so and it still tasted burnt so I took my coil oUT to look at it and what had happened and might be happening to you is the e-juice was scorching on the coil Bc it was getting hot to fast and burning the juice so

Where do you by the orange
Element Dripper Series
Be sure to check all the different lines of liquids.
They have the "dripper series" (75vg), 50/50 series, Emulsion series, FAR series, and the TONIX Series. (The dripper and TONIX series are killer.)
Even though the series is called "dripper series" it is fine for Sub tanks.
I use them in both the BB and the BBB. (On my Alien 220).
I vape the Fresh Squeeze between 40-80W on a T8 coil. (Or whatever coil within its "best" range). (Their TONIX Blood Orange is great too)
New flavor for me: Velvet Cloud's Mewlew's Magic is a killer chocolate vape!
(First chocolate I have had that tastes like chocolate!)

Last edited:

Bullhandbeast22

Mar 4, 2017
Will do!
I learned the hard way that flavor is subjective, and whenever possible try new flavors in 10ML bottles.
I am stuck with a bunch of 30ML bottles of stuff I just don't dig. Maybe I'll try frankensteining them together!
But I definitely will buy the small bottles until I find my favs.
(Problem is there are SO MANY juices!).
My favs so far for all day vapes:
MOSA
ELEMENT's FRESH SQUEEZE
And a 80% to 20% combo of Black Note Tobacco & VaporFi Ice Menthol
It all depends on what flavors you like everyone is different iv'e been vaping on mod fuel's redstone witch is one of the best tasting watermelon flavors I've vaped hands down and another good vape I've been vaping is bam bam's cannolis witch is a fruit COPYRIGHTDMCA flavor supposedly but it tastes like fruit loops to me and I'd take time to try cuttwood's unicorn milk that's a great vape and I like all of cosmic fog's juices there are a bunch of good ones out there just go to a couple of your local vape shops and make sure your schedule is open for about 2 hours so you can actually set down and try the different ones they have and don't be shy about asking questions and talk to the different employees in there and learn every bit of knowledge about e-cigarettes and e-juices that you can Bc when your vaping it never hurts to know about it all like what to look for in e-juice ingredients and what to stay away from and so you don't blow have your face off withe a battery will vaping

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
It all depends on what flavors you like everyone is different iv'e been vaping on mod fuel's redstone witch is one of the best tasting watermelon flavors I've vaped hands down and another good vape I've been vaping is bam bam's cannolis witch is a fruit COPYRIGHTDMCA flavor supposedly but it tastes like fruit loops to me and I'd take time to try cuttwood's unicorn milk that's a great vape and I like all of cosmic fog's juices there are a bunch of good ones out there just go to a couple of your local vape shops and make sure your schedule is open for about 2 hours so you can actually set down and try the different ones they have and don't be shy about asking questions and talk to the different employees in there and learn every bit of knowledge about e-cigarettes and e-juices that you can Bc when your vaping it never hurts to know about it all like what to look for in e-juice ingredients and what to stay away from and so you don't blow have your face off withe a battery will vaping
Yeah, agree. I have a great vape shop here with a vape bar where you can try everything. Very nice. (Only downside is that they Obviously have deals with certain companies to carry their stuff over other brands).
Another hurtle I am trying to work out is that some juices are great in a sub tank, and are not great in a small low wattage ego style tank and vape stick and vice versa.
You would think a high VG ratio would be a dead giveaway- but I have put juices that are 75 VG in a mini Protank 2 on an itaste VV and have it be great. But some flavors just won't work on mouth to lung low wattage rigs.
Trial and error I guess...
And as long as you are using regulated mods, the chance of anything blowing up in your face is a million to one. They all have safety features.
Even all the new Sub Ohms (Alien 220, Aspire CF) all shut down when something ain't right.
But, it IS important to know Battery safety.
I both READ, and YOUTUBED my ... off before I started!
Knowledge is always good!
P.S. the only time you are gonna be needing to go up to insane wattages is when you have a coil that needs that much power. (The new Cloud Beast King has HUGE coils that need lots of wattage yet remains a cool vape).
More coil = more metal = more surface area = need more power.
If you crank up a T8 coil or any other BB coil beyond the recommended zone, you are gonna burn the cotton and ruin the coil. Just ease up the wattage incrementally until you find the "sweet spot". (I usually start at 35W on the BB and just ease it up).;):thumbs:

Last edited:

Bullhandbeast22

Mar 4, 2017
Your exactly right lower wattage taste way different then high wattage and it depends on your coils to but there's a vape called cactus juice that's been out for ages G2 makes it and you can vape it out off a protank 2 and it tastes like skiddles but if you vape it from a subtank or RBA with a 1 and it tastes more like a sweet tarter and almost all juice will taste different out of a subtank or RBA then they will out of a regular tank and I keep forgetting that we have begun building safer mods now days I'm still use to the days when I only new one person with a mechanical mod Bc they had never been introduced big yet lol

Safety first in everything you do in life God bless

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
Your exactly right lower wattage taste way different then high wattage and it depends on your coils to but there's a vape called cactus juice that's been out for ages G2 makes it and you can vape it out off a protank 2 and it tastes like skiddles but if you vape it from a subtank or RBA with a 1 and it tastes more like a sweet tarter and almost all juice will taste different out of a subtank or RBA then they will out of a regular tank and I keep forgetting that we have begun building safer mods now days I'm still use to the days when I only new one person with a mechanical mod Bc they had never been introduced big yet lol

Safety first in everything you do in life God bless
Yeah.
I kinda wish the juice bottles said "SUB OHM THIS!" Or "Mouth To Lung Vape Juice":D

Bullhandbeast22

Mar 4, 2017
I know right my all time favorite e-juice when I started vaping was milk&honey and Kryptonite from cosmic fog and ones I got my first mechanical mod and RBA I got the crackin I think is what it was called and it was a 26650 instead of buying a cheap 18650 like a dumba** I had no clue what I was doing and if it wasn't for a couple friends that was big into vaping setting across the table from me in the lounge of the vapor pit witch is the vapor shop in Somerset ky I go to I would have blown my face off Bc I put the black to the red and the red to the black unknowingly when i put the battery in Bc i was so excited to try It out i hit the button and reversed polarity it went and done it fast enough my buddy didn't even have time to tell me to let go of it it collapsed the fire button spring and burnt my hand pretty bad that's why safety is always first lol oh and i highly recommend checking out the vapor pit on fb or if your close enough swing in I'd give them a honest 8.5 stars they are always up to data and are extremely experienced when it comes to all things vapor related

Bullhandbeast22

Mar 4, 2017
Element Dripper Series
Be sure to check all the different lines of liquids.
They have the "dripper series" (75vg), 50/50 series, Emulsion series, FAR series, and the TONIX Series. (The dripper and TONIX series are killer.)
Even though the series is called "dripper series" it is fine for Sub tanks.
I use them in both the BB and the BBB. (On my Alien 220).
I vape the Fresh Squeeze between 40-80W on a T8 coil. (Or whatever coil within its "best" range). (Their TONIX Blood Orange is great too)
New flavor for me: Velvet Cloud's Mewlew's Magic is a killer chocolate vape!
(First chocolate I have had that tastes like chocolate!)
Before I finish my juice up and need more and kicking myself in the rump for not trying the blood orange and especially the Mewlew's Bc I'm not a chocolate vape fan at all Bc they all tastes like garbage and I've been waiting for someone to come out with a real chocolate tasting vape for once and have you tried the American apple pie or the pb&blueburry jam yet let me know how they are Bc I'm wanting to try the pb&blueberry jam really bad now that I seen it

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
Before I finish my juice up and need more and kicking myself in the rump for not trying the blood orange and especially the Mewlew's Bc I'm not a chocolate vape fan at all Bc they all tastes like garbage and I've been waiting for someone to come out with a real chocolate tasting vape for once and have you tried the American apple pie or the pb&blueburry jam yet let me know how they are Bc I'm wanting to try the pb&blueberry jam really bad now that I seen it
Liked the Apple Pie, but didn't love the PB&J (which puts me in the minority- because a lot of people love the PB&j).
Chocolate is apparently very hard, since most of them taste like tire fires! Mewlew's Magic is the best I have found, really enjoying it (sub ohm).
Again, flavor is so subjective that it's hard to recommend or take recommendations because everybody's palette is different. When I started I tried a lot of the "hit" flavors that I discovered were not in my wheelhouse (pastry flavors with butter). So the vape shop is a great place to try stuff - or just dip your toe in by getting 10ML bottles. (I still like trying and exploring new brands and flavors- as long as they are diacetyl-free and hopefull FDA approved).
Glad your buddy saved you from harm!
Get 18650's that are reputable! Don't get cheap on the batteries! That is asking for trouble! In a mod like the Alien 220 - one set of batteries should last you at least a year.
(I've got multiple rigs, so I have no problem putting it down to recharge in the mod for 2 or 3 hours).
Even though they are regulated and have safety features, I guess you have to look at it like a firearm: respect it at all times! They could hurt you if not respected.:thumb:

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
Yeah, agree. I have a great vape shop here with a vape bar where you can try everything. Very nice. (Only downside is that they Obviously have deals with certain companies to carry their stuff over other brands).
Another hurtle I am trying to work out is that some juices are great in a sub tank, and are not great in a small low wattage ego style tank and vape stick and vice versa.
You would think a high VG ratio would be a dead giveaway- but I have put juices that are 75 VG in a mini Protank 2 on an itaste VV and have it be great. But some flavors just won't work on mouth to lung low wattage rigs.
Trial and error I guess...
And as long as you are using regulated mods, the chance of anything blowing up in your face is a million to one. They all have safety features.
Even all the new Sub Ohms (Alien 220, Aspire CF) all shut down when something ain't right.
But, it IS important to know Battery safety.
I both READ, and YOUTUBED my ... off before I started!
Knowledge is always good!
P.S. the only time you are gonna be needing to go up to insane wattages is when you have a coil that needs that much power. (The new Cloud Beast King has HUGE coils that need lots of wattage yet remains a cool vape).
More coil = more metal = more surface area = need more power.
If you crank up a T8 coil or any other BB coil beyond the recommended zone, you are gonna burn the cotton and ruin the coil. Just ease up the wattage incrementally until you find the "sweet spot". (I usually start at 35W on the BB and just ease it up).;):thumbs:
I just found out the hard way about juices tasting different with different wattage tanks. Love Thug Juice from MBV in itaste VV, put it in baby beast and it was like apples and oranges, I was coughing up a lung at 30 watts! Plus it's super steeped, really strong.. so gotta change the coil and try to boil it out.

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
I just found out the hard way about juices tasting different with different wattage tanks. Love Thug Juice from MBV in itaste VV, put it in baby beast and it was like apples and oranges, I was coughing up a lung at 30 watts! Plus it's super steeped, really strong.. so gotta change the coil and try to boil it out.
I think anything 50/50 is fine in the itaste VV. Any higher VG is more of a Sub Ohm affair, I think. (I don't think I have ever vaped anything 50/50 in a sub! only high VG).
But, yes, it would be great if juice makers said "only Sub Ohm" or "Best if Sub Ohm-ed". (Obviously the high VG juices are only Sub - but some 60/40?)
Also, another factor that I have to olay around with is different coils for different mixes.
I LOVE the V8 coil on BB & BBB. But I was switching coils (because I had to clean my V8) and threw in Q4 and vaped Mewlew's Magic (Ultra VG - their words not mine!) and it was fantastic. When I replaced the coil with the V8 - it wasn't as flavorful. So maybe with thicker juices, it really is better to have coils with bigger bores instead of many small ones. (Like on the V8). (Or even the coils with bigger/more inlets on the side).Yes the V8 has MORE surface area of coil - but smaller holes to accept the thick VG).

Food for thought.

Reactions: Richard-D

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Finally had to charge the coil in my Baby Beast because it started to taste a little burned. Outside the cotton was still white but upon removal saw a lot of black in the cotton. Not sure if it was due to 40-50 MLs of a sweet e-Liquid or I ran the tank too low before filling but over 10,300 puffs on an X4 Quad Smok coil.

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
Finally had to charge the coil in my Baby Beast because it started to taste a little burned. Outside the cotton was still white but upon removal saw a lot of black in the cotton. Not sure if it was due to 40-50 MLs of a sweet e-Liquid or I ran the tank too low before filling but over 10,300 puffs on an X4 Quad Smok coil.
:)
I never understood the point of the puff counter on the Alien 220...Now I think I do! You can judge how many puffs each specific coil will last!:w00t::thumb:

Reactions: Ladiekali
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread