TFV8 Cloud Beast Leaking Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony46113

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2016
I've purchased around 10 TFV8 Cloud Beasts from MVS over the past few months. Personally used a few, sold the rest to friends. Most people I've sold them to have had leaking issues of some sort. Some around the bottom seal, some total tank flooding out the airholes, some both ... Some shipped with defective coils ... The ones I've personally been using seem to flood out the airholes no matter what coil I have in it.

I've tried different suggestions that I've found online, but I haven't had much luck with these tanks. So many people seem to like these tanks and I can't figure out why.

Is there anything on the market comparable to these as far as flavor and vapor production? I'm happy with my TFV4's with quad coils and that's what I have gone back to, but there is a crowd that wants more. I just want something that works and doesn't leak.

I'm at the point that I don't even want to sell the Cloud Beast tank anymore, because I'm tired of people coming back to me with these issues. I can understand every now and then, but this seems like a major manufacturing quality issue.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Cleito 120. Never experienced a leak, my only gripe is the break-in time. I've had muted flavor for two full tanks with an odd, almost burnt rubber flavor, and then it suddenly starts tasting wonderful. The clouds are pretty amazing, and spit-back is almost non-existent. I just picked up the rebuildable deck for it and can't wait to give it a whirl.

The Smok G4-RTA is also an awesome quad coil tank, but it does tend to dribble a little right out the air holes. I'm guessing wick placement plays a huge role in this one.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I absolutely love the Geek Vape Griffin 25 plus. Got a Geek Vape Ammit (single coil) on the way. They are both rebuildables. As stated above you can never go wrong with either Clieto Tank. I also gave up on Smok tanks for the same reason of to much fuss and leaking with them. CHEERS!

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I've purchased around 10 TFV8 Cloud Beasts from MVS over the past few months. Personally used a few, sold the rest to friends. Most people I've sold them to have had leaking issues of some sort. Some around the bottom seal, some total tank flooding out the airholes, some both ... Some shipped with defective coils ... The ones I've personally been using seem to flood out the airholes no matter what coil I have in it.

I've tried different suggestions that I've found online, but I haven't had much luck with these tanks. So many people seem to like these tanks and I can't figure out why.

Is there anything on the market comparable to these as far as flavor and vapor production? I'm happy with my TFV4's with quad coils and that's what I have gone back to, but there is a crowd that wants more. I just want something that works and doesn't leak.

I'm at the point that I don't even want to sell the Cloud Beast tank anymore, because I'm tired of people coming back to me with these issues. I can understand every now and then, but this seems like a major manufacturing quality issue.
ead92697e55b072d33a38a8701e72001.jpg
I have three CloudBeast tanks...Cloud is typical vaping the V8T8 coil with 100% VG at 125w..as long as I don't overfill I have had no leaking issues at all..love these tanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hardtail1969

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
Own TFV8s and big baby from Smok. TFV8 always leaks on me with any coil but found X4 coils tend to leak less. The big baby however is just plain wicked. It's only leaked on me with the coils inbox. New coils. Bullet proof. I've stopped using the 8 as the primary tank. Baby just works. Just cannot see myself going back to RTA. Far too much maintenance, was using kayfuns, rdta, etc. As for clieto 120mm. Hot vape. Small juice amount makes it next to useless. I am looking at the new steam crave RTA with 20ML option. Would be very nice for the weekends.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Own TFV8s and big baby from Smok. TFV8 always leaks on me with any coil but found X4 coils tend to leak less. The big baby however is just plain wicked. It's only leaked on me with the coils inbox. New coils. Bullet proof. I've stopped using the 8 as the primary tank. Baby just works. Just cannot see myself going back to RTA. Far too much maintenance, was using kayfuns, rdta, etc. As for clieto 120mm. Hot vape. Small juice amount makes it next to useless. I am looking at the new steam crave RTA with 20ML option. Would be very nice for the weekends.
I do like the CloudBeast V8T8 coils at 125w or so (no leaks)but hate the little RBA that came in the kit.
ca6a93d6c3fe261198a0b970439cbcb6.jpg
18dc550e00044c3dd64e67b3242a07b9.jpg
That said I prefer a real RTA featuring the bigger velocity style deck seen here with the start of a clapton build in the RTA-2..no leaks, no flooding and no dry his either.. This is one of the best RTA's I've built and vaped yet..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I ordered an extra RBA for my TFV8 and one for my BBB and I will try them out at some point.

The factory coils are expensive but man do they last. The T8 coil that came with my TFV8 has gone thru about 200ml and still going strong after 2 1/2 weeks! Crazy.

@Hitmetwice refilling tip works great IME too.

Reactions: smacksy

tony46113

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2016
I'm of the opinion that it should just work correctly out of the box. No one should have to go through that much trouble. This is the only model that I've had this much trouble with.

Thanks for the Clieto 120 suggestion! Myself and a friend have been testing them out for the past few days and they seem to work great. Flavor is better than the Cloud Beast, in my opinion. More importantly ... No leaking whatsoever. Wish you had the option to use something other than the non-removable wide bore tip, but not a deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread