Tfv8 or freemax star pure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Which one do y'all prefer. I heard both compared. Read both were top tanks. For me the tfv8 runs at a higher wattage and burns through more juice and batteries but it blows my socks off. The clouds and flavor are unmatched. I read some review saying the freemax is way better than tfv8 and makes the latter irrelevant. I disagree completely. Tfv8 takes the cake. But I do I like both. Flavor just seems more muted on the freemax

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
I personally went the the TFV8 Option, clouds like nothing I've ever seen before with the stock coil heads, but some leaking issues when I put on the Velocity Styled RBA head.
Is it easy to build on. I'm not good at building and could never get the sub tank right. The freemax claims to be leak proof. So far so good tho I don't think you can rebuild on it

cappy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
remsenburg new york
I have the freemax star pure and just ordered the TFV8....The freemax right now is the only tank i use....coils last up to 4 weeks for me(on average)....no leaking at all....only small problem is that once in a while i do get a very slight burnt taste...i think its when i let the juice gets below the half way mark and i'm vaping lying down....It does go thru alot of juice...so the TFV8 using more might be a downside for me....These tanks have become so affordable now that i can buy a few and see which ones work for me....

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I went the TFV8 route as well and have had one just over a week.

I am not a chain vaper and have gone thru just over 100ml of juice in 8 days. That's with the octo-coil at 120w. the TFV8 is a total juice pig but the taste and clouds are amazing.

A person could easily blow thru 30ml of juice in a day if they were hitting it hard all day.

Also my factory coil is as new after 100ml. Pretty impressive!

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
The TFV4 with the Clapton RBA is quite nice. It's narrower than the other RBA's which allows more juice in the tank. I usually vape a triple/quad twisted 26-28 gauge, at around .75 ohms. That can do 40 watts perfectly for me. Run's great from 20-40 watts, doesn't suck up the juice so fast either.

I also like how it has 4 screws to hold the coil.
tf_rca_grande__68091.1447354831.1280.1280.jpg

Part number is TF-RCA if you can't read it. Also, it's so much easier dealing with one coil builds, faster. If I want to do 120 watts, I can use the RDA. The wicking can be tricky as many of them are, but chop it just below the thread and stick a needle in there to mash it around. Works great for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreSha6869

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
I went the TFV8 route as well and have had one just over a week.

I am not a chain vaper and have gone thru just over 100ml of juice in 8 days. That's with the octo-coil at 120w. the TFV8 is a total juice pig but the taste and clouds are amazing.

A person could easily blow thru 30ml of juice in a day if they were hitting it hard all day.

Also my factory coil is as new after 100ml. Pretty impressive!
i usually slow down my vaping with this tank. otherwise i get dizzy. its hard it hard all day. ymmv tho

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
i usually slow down my vaping with this tank. otherwise i get dizzy. its hard it hard all day. ymmv tho
Absolutely.

Yesterday I used the TFV8 @ 120w with 1mg nic juice and a Provari @ 13w with 6mg juice. I use mechs with 2mg. Even 2mg blows my head off in the TFV8. It is a crazy tank for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread