Status
Not open for further replies.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
tank" data-source="post: 4204063" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Jason-tank said:
The teeth on mine are pretty pointy and sharp , i would imagine other brands would be the same? And ive actually done it with nail and hammer and this way and it does a good job of non-caving the sides. The hole is a good size , i used it for 2 days and it feeds the juice really well. If you have the jig already this ideas not for u , but if ur lazy ... and ur modder like me lol then this is the way lol

I think your idea is awesome!!:)

dreww2021

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
Oklahoma
I bought a set of these pliers today at an auto parts store and it worked great! The holes fairly small but work fine with the thin juice I'm using. Haven't tested with a thicker juice yet.

a6cd0b73-0f01-1d60.jpg

Last edited:

Jason-Tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Coquitlam BC
I bought a set of these pliers today at an auto parts store and it worked great! The holes fairly small but work fine with the thin juice I'm using. Haven't tested with a thicker juice yet.

a6cd0b73-0f01-1d60.jpg

Nice im glad sumone had success so far. yeah i havent tryed with thicker juices either ive only been vaping 70/30 pg/vg and it works pretty well. i would imagine thicker juice wouldnt be a problem ,only cus when u take a hit on the tank with out pressing the button u can see it feeds the juice in the tank everytime u inhale cus there is air bubbles that come from the hole. so i say a good way to test thicker juices and how well it feeds is take a hit without pressing the button see if airbubbles come out of the hole , just my opinion tho ive only been vaping since january =)

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Last night I bought the ones in the harbor freight link I mentioned previously. I pulled out one of my extra boge cartos for some flavor or another and tried it in the store. Worked very very well. Went right through the casing, no problem at all. The hole mine made didn't look to be as big as the one dreww2021 made, but I didn't push them all the way in so they could have gotten bigger I guess, though I wouldn't really want them bigger. They're fine the way they are now :)

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I saw the other wire strippes at my local harbor freight as well. They had some yellow handled ones that looked similar, but after looking closer, they were very very blunt between the different wire gauages that wouldn't have pierced paper.

Yep, I looked closely at those. They had a space on the wall where the correct wire strippers were supposed to be, but they were all gone.

Oh, and the guy who was helping me kept telling me they wouldn't work for what I wanted to do. I was like, "but but but... my imaginary friends said they would!"

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Oh, and the guy who was helping me kept telling me they wouldn't work for what I wanted to do. I was like, "but but but... my imaginary friends said they would!"

Just go back and tell him that you conferred with your imaginary friends and that we've have tested it and it works great, and so now he needs to assist you :D I can't imagine that they would be hard to find at other places like lowe's, home depot, autozone or other hardware or automotive stores.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Just go back and tell him that you conferred with your imaginary friends and that we've have tested it and it works great, and so now he needs to assist you :D I can't imagine that they would be hard to find at other places like lowe's, home depot, autozone or other hardware or automotive stores.

Yep, I plan on looking at other hardware stores. The 5 year old is out of kindergarten for the day though, and I have to take him to the doctor to have his staple removed (head injury), so tinkering is over for the day. :)

Jason-Tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Coquitlam BC
I had the one from HF(store is a couple miles from me). It made the first hole, no problem, the second one was kinda crushed, so just finished witha small phillips and hammer- easy, I was ready to give up on metal cartos.

what i do is after the first one punches through and the second one is having a hard time flip it over and repeat, works everytime

noc

Sep 12, 2011
Chicago
Like the idea of the wire stripper. I kept on looking at altering my ratcheting mechanical wire crimper. These are not the usual chintzy crimpers you find at a hard ware store but have 4 thin metal plates that are removable by a set screw. Use a dremel or drill to round 3 of the plates to the size of the carto and use the 4 to make a prong. If done right it pierces the carto the same amount each time or you could set the ratchet to disengage for smaller holes This also would keep it round with out distorting it. Also once it starts to ratchet it will not let go until the carto is puched or the jaws are closed. But unless you have one of these already laying around its not really worth it, the jaw are cheap but the tool is expensive.

Last edited:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
NP, we all had to learn at some point, right? :D

We make the holes in a carto for placement in a tank. The tank holds lots of extra juice, and the holes in the carto allow the juice to absorb into the carto from the tank.

See this link as an example (just a quick one I knew where to find - I'm not recommending it necessarily, as I haven't tried this particular one, although I do like this supplier. :) ).

HV Chibi Tank Mod

A good photo - shows the carto w/the holes. Hope this helps!

:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread