Thanks for the info! Need some opinions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

erocdrummer

May 28, 2015
Initially I thought that cigalikes were the only way to go for me, as it offered the closest experience to "real" smoking. After lurking here and other websites for a few days, I learned a ton and glad I didn't try those. While using a beginner tank setup is different than smoking for sure, it's still close enough for me (vapor production, hand-to-mouth addiction) to satisfy my cravings so far. In fact (and again I stress SO FAR) I have found it more enjoyable than smoking, even though I def puff on it more than I would smoke regularly. It's so nice to not be on a smoke schedule, literally tied to an ashtray. Still worried I'll get over the newness of it all though, we'll see!

Reactions: tvapernow

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Congratulations on your start, Eroc!

I'll ape the earlier sentiment to not think too much about it and take things day by day.

As for long term, there is no question that chasing "the perfect vape" is a never-ending quest should you pursue it, and the rabbit hole goes far, far deeper than shinyitis.

Most importantly, welcome to the community! You've witnessed the helpfulness of these fine folks firsthand, and if you find long-term success then it won't be long before you're replying to new vapers in here yourself!

Enjoy the ride. Smoking is dead.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
I started vaping completely planning on dual use for a little while, but my love for cigs faded quickly, almost TOO quickly. It just doesn't feel like it should be this easy, and that I'm gonna wake up sometime soon with an incredible urge to smoke an analog. Have any of you that quit analogs had no problem switching for the first little while (like me), then got blindsided with an urge to go back?

It certainly is "easy" for a significant portion of the smoking population. Nothing really unusual about your fantastic success. ECF if full of thousands and thousands of posts which mirror your experiences. Short term and long term. However...

Four things are ALL required to quit cigs or reduce cig consumption via dual use:

The proper hardware for you
Juices that you like
Mentoring ( A critical component which is often overlooked)
An open mind (no preconceived thoughts in your gray matter)

Having said this, quitting cigs stats are fuzzy at best. We still need long term studies with a huge number of participants (100K plus) which include all four requirements I posted above. Unfortunately, this kind of scientific study is controversial and not all credentialed scientists support it.

If I had to guess and I am frequently asked for a metric/percent for those that either quit cigs completely or become dual users I respond with about a 60% success rate. Eliminate one or more of the four requirements I posted above and your chances of returning to cigs increase significantly. More specifically, some examples which will increase the odds that you will return to cigs:

- I cant find a juice I like
- My hardware has a glitch so vaping produces weak and yuky vapes
- I never heard of ECF and the nearest B&M is 1000 miles away since I live in the North Poll /lol
- I can't get a hit with ecigs that is as satisfying as I had with cigs
- I keep reading about how bad vaping is in the mainstream press and on Cable TV. It scares me and they must all know what they are talking about because they are scientist so I gave up or I wont even try vaping. (Head trips /lol)

HTH

:)

Reactions: tvapernow

tvapernow

May 25, 2015
It certainly is "easy" for a significant portion of the smoking population. Nothing really unusual about your fantastic success. ECF if full of thousands and thousands of posts which mirror your experiences. Short term and long term. However...

Four things are ALL required to quit cigs or reduce cig consumption via dual use:

The proper hardware for you
Juices that you like
Mentoring ( A critical component which is often overlooked)
An open mind (no preconceived thoughts in your gray matter)

Having said this, quitting cigs stats are fuzzy at best. We still need long term studies with a huge number of participants (100K plus) which include all four requirements I posted above. Unfortunately, this kind of scientific study is controversial and not all credentialed scientists support it.

If I had to guess and I am frequently asked for a metric/percent for those that either quit cigs completely or become dual users I respond with about a 60% success rate. Eliminate one or more of the four requirements I posted above and your chances of returning to cigs increase significantly. More specifically, some examples which will increase the odds that you will return to cigs:

- I cant find a juice I like
- My hardware has a glitch so vaping produces weak and yuky vapes
- I never heard of ECF and the nearest B&M is 1000 miles away since I live in the North Poll /lol
- I can't get a hit with ecigs that is as satisfying as I had with cigs
- I keep reading about how bad vaping is in the mainstream press and on Cable TV. It scares me and they must all know what they are talking about because they are scientist so I gave up or I wont even try vaping. (Head trips /lol)

HTH

:)

:w00t:
<click> long-winded soapbox post ON

I am also of the opinion that mentoring is critical. Having said that however, the mentoring for Vaping to quit smoking could be and often is a critical issue. Since I have tried many times in the past to quit using patches and gum, Cold turkey (oh that was fun), with basically zero results, my experience with quitting using vaping was shocking to me at the least. I had no clue that stopping could be that painless for me thanks to our wonderful medical establishment.
My experience with my doctor was very unsatisfying as he basically said "I can't recommend using vaping because there's no data out on it." Nothing about you should work on it, and try vaping until more data comes out, just "can't recommend it". It didn't matter that I was a 1-2 pack a day smoker for 40+ years. This doctor obviously did not do, or want to do any research into it whatsoever. He was stuck parroting the standard establishment line on vaping. This is been my experience with everybody I've talked to in the medical profession. Sad.
I also used the resources of the call and stop smoking support group they use at work. This was very unsatisfying as the person who was my "mentor" basically said you shouldn't use vaping to try to quit as it is not supported as the patches and the gum we recommend are.
Well, you can guess without too much effort just how long this phone "support" lasted as far as I was concerned.

Do you want to know where I got my USEFUL MENTORING!!! HERE folks!!!!

From the information on the best equipment, liquids, systems, and methods to get off the cigarettes nothing I have ever seen comes close to this site.
From what I have seen the support given to people trying to quit is second to none.
Which now brings me to this point… I firmly believe from my experience with vaping and quitting smoking, and with my experiences with the medical establishment and the quitting smoking systems they push, that by far the best mentoring on earth is going to be THIS SITE and the quitting smoking forums and new members forum herein!!
Believe it or not that's the way I feel. Flame away if you don't believe it, I don't care. I just know from my experience, and the experience of everybody I know who is or had used vaping to quit or reduce smoking, this is the wave of the future.

Go ECF you're the best resource on the web, IMO.

<click> Long winded soapbox post OFF

Comments? Go for it folks, I really want to hear what people on this site Think.
Feel free to copy and paste this anywhere you want, just be sure to attribute it to me. I want to be able to answer any flames or idiotic statements personally :).

Last edited:
Reactions: smkfree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread