That moment you realise you're an idiot !

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Now i'm not literally saying i'm an idiot but i do sure feel like one at this moment here's why :
I've been since yesterday having a bit of a small sharp pain in my right lung (nothing to be paranoid about kinda like someone is poking you with a needle kind of pain), i was wondering why thought about all kinds of disease but my heart and overall health is fine only my right lung has been acting up. After watching a couple of random vaping videos i've noticed something odd: most of them did dtl inhales but made much much bigger clouds than i did even with the same tank (in this case the big baby from smok)

Naturally it got me thinking: What if i've been doing dtl wrong this entire time ?
So i went to check a couple of "how to" curious to see if there was a difference in inhalation.
My question was quickly answered and yes i was most likely doing them wrong : i was kinda inhaling but slower than needed and not exhaling soon enough, so it was kinda like if i was swallowing the vapor after inhaling slowly which in return didn't make clouds (not really complaining about that but still).

TLDR: i was doing dtl wrong and probably swallowed vapor with nicotine in it and now i was a bit of pain in my lung not about to die but i do feel like an idiot now.
If i'm completely wrong about that theory well guess i'm even more of a newbie than i thought :p

Edit: before anyone thinks i'm gonna die or something: No i've had this poking thing before usually came from smoking,it's not vaping since i chain vape less and less each day,in fact i'm starting to taste so much more that i'm taking more time to eat and sniff things instead ahah :lol: I'm just not really in the best shape i could :p

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I usually start to feel like an idiot within an hour of waking up each day.

I guess if you want big clouds there are tricks to the draw and exhale. My vape style sounds similar to yours. I take a long draw in (yay for temp control), hold it for a bit, then just breather is back out. I sorta look at it is if my vape is keeping me happy, I don't worry about someone pointing at me saying "you're doing it wrong!".

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec

I guess if you want big clouds there are tricks to the draw and exhale. My vape style sounds similar to yours. I take a long draw in (yay for temp control), hold it for a bit, then just breather is back out. I sorta look at it is if my vape is keeping me happy, I don't worry about someone pointing at me saying "you're doing it wrong!".
Well, IMO that isn't what's causing your pain in your right lung. If you think it's from swallowing eliquid with nic in it...your stomach might hurt alittle from it, but not your right lung.
Guess my mistake was more about cloud size then. Still thought there was a "correct" way of doing dtl inhales guess not. I don't have a coil made for temp though unfortunately =/
I usually did lower watts and not a big inhale i was more of a "slow and steady" kinda guy you could say,ended up burning my lips a few times but had much more flavor than if i was doing "correct" dtl inhales so meh i prefer my way or our way :p

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Well, IMO that isn't what's causing your pain in your right lung. If you think it's from swallowing eliquid with nic in it...your stomach might hurt alittle from it, but not your right lung.
I was thinking that because i sometimes kinda swallowed the vapor (not the liquid) and since i do dtl i thought the 2 were related could be my lungs are clearing up ? I do feel quite well exept for that poking type of pain i have. Still most likely not gonna kill me otherwise i'd probably be in much more pain.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal

An hour? You are truly my hero. I usually feel like an idiot seconds after I open my eyes....

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I'm getting better at recognizing the smell of burning cotton from my pocket-firing Nemesis.
Still no better at locking the Nemesis to prevent pocket-firing.
My idiocy knows no bounds.
Well at the end of the day aren't we all a bit idiot :p That's what makes life so much fun imho.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Although i do enjoy some of those no. I'm currently in vacation (a very lazy one shall i add )

I guess I should have asked, instead of have you done them lately...are those things you do at all.

The reason I asked that question...is because those are all activities in which people are more prone to inhaling a small flying bug. A bug in one's lung will calcify after a while, and on deeper inhales or strenuous activity...can cause a definite sharp little pain where it's located in the lung.

My doctor has one in the upper part of his left lung...from motorcycle riding years ago. He can pinpoint with his finger exactly where it is because of the little "zing" of pain he feels there sometimes. His was confirmed via medical tests.

I have either some sawdust particles (from cleaning my horse stalls daily for years) or a couple small calcified bugs in my right lung. Those were confirmed by CAT scans.

YOU may have a tiny bug or other very small particle... in your right lung where you're feeling the little sharp pain...especially if you've been deeply inhaling trying DTL, which hasn't been your normal breathing style.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm getting better at recognizing the smell of burning cotton from my pocket-firing Nemesis.
Still no better at locking the Nemesis to prevent pocket-firing.
My idiocy knows no bounds.

Glad this didn't only happen to me :)

BTW, I found magnets solved it :thumb:

Reactions: Belhade

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I guess I should have asked, instead of have you done them lately...are those things you do at all.

The reason I asked that question...is because those are all activities in which people are more prone to inhaling a small flying bug. A bug in one's lung will calcify after a while, and on deeper inhales or strenuous activity...can cause a definite sharp little pain where it's located in the lung.

My doctor has one in the upper part of his left lung...from motorcycle riding years ago. He can pinpoint with his finger exactly where it is because of the little "zing" of pain he feels there sometimes. His was confirmed via medical tests.

I have either some sawdust particles (from cleaning my horse stalls daily for years) or a couple small calcified bugs in my right lung. Those were confirmed by CAT scans.

YOU may have a tiny bug or other very small particle... in your right lung where you're feeling the little sharp pain...especially if you've been deeply inhaling trying DTL, which hasn't been your normal breathing style.
Haven't done any bicycle riding lately unfortunately but i do remember swallowing a fly many many years ago.
I still doubt it's related to that but it would be hilarious lol I'm much more sure it's related to my old smoking habits since it's not my first time with that kind of pain. Again it's not anything dangerous for sure,much more of an annoyance and why i cut back a bit on my vaping habits. I drink more than enough water anyway so usually between 2-4 days i feel better. I blame it on living on the 3rd floor of an appartment building though :p trying to get up those stairs with about 60 pounds of groceries is hard but keeps me in shape. Again don't worry if i felt that it was bad enough i'd already be in the Er room.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
Glad this didn't only happen to me :)

BTW, I found magnets solved it :thumb:
I got the magnets when I ordered it, and put them in straight away. Only this past weekend I discovered one of the magnets broke, so I had to put the spring back in. Only thing that would solve my issues is a reverse lobotomy. Flowers, anyone?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I've never heard about this before JCinFLA.

I've done tens of thousands of miles of bike riding, sometimes in very buggy conditions by Lake Ontario. I have never had an issue from an inhaled bug. Come to think of it, I really doubt I've ever inhaled one. Eaten them yes, but not often, mostly just spit them out.

A quick Google just now brings up other reasons for calcification in lungs.

Got me curious now. Do you have any other info on this?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I got the magnets when I ordered it, and put them in straight away. Only this past weekend I discovered one of the magnets broke, so I had to put the spring back in. Only thing that would solve my issues is a reverse lobotomy. Flowers, anyone?

LOL

Ya, I hate when they break and it seems they all do after a while.

Hold up on the surgery though :thumb:

:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
i do remember swallowing a fly many many years ago.
I still doubt it's related to that but it would be hilarious lol I'm much more sure it's related to my old smoking habits since it's not my first time with that kind of pain.

If you swallowed it...no problem for your lungs. If you meant inhaled it though, no matter how long ago it was, it can be problematic for years afterwards.

My doctor says it was at least 20 years ago that he inhaled the bug in his lungs, based on when he started feeling the little pain and they identified what the cause was through scans. He still gets that pain every now and then during activities that require deeper and more frequent breaths. So...I wouldn't rule it out. OH, he said also that something like a sesame seed or a tiny grape seed, etc. that was inhaled, rather than swallowed, can cause similar little sharp pains in the lungs for years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread