The “Cola” Method Taken to Another Level That Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
parapo - the 'nickel-safe' is listed as <30% phosphoric acid. No real difference apart from the concentration.

Nichrome is likely far more resilient than plain nickel; that it is widely used in heating elements indicates that.

I have just heard from Sun that he used it undiluted. There was no harm to seen to the nichrome coil.

Last edited:

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Kinabaloo:

I read your post about the potential for the comments re: Not for new users / cleaner shouldn't be available etc... to be seen as condescending. Well...They may sound condescending but they may also save people a LOT of medical problems.

Remember that this forum isn't just those of us who post in these threads...There's a LOT of people out there who are just lurkers. They aren't even registered on the boards, they just sit back and read. All forums are like that. A lot of those people don't take the time to read things thoroughly so I'd be willing to be you that there's someone sitting at home right now thinking they can get away with soaking their atomizer in this stuff and then hooking it right back up to a battery and puffing away.

Disclaimers have to be given for a couple of reasons

1) In hopes that people will read them and realize that there's a dark side to all of this.
2) In order to protect ourselves and the forum.

I know I don't want to get served someday and end up in court because some newb who's been vaping for 4 days inhaled half a CC of Sulfuric Acid after thinking it was a good idea to clean an atomizer with the stuff.

Remember, people are not all as "gifted" as some of the people that post in these technical threads ;)

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
What Pete? The ice machine cleaner? What types of stores did you try?

Lu

Hi lu....I tried plumbers and DIY stores...they were the only likely places I could think of...I guess the only way to get it in the uk is online. I have found a stainless steel sink cleaner that has 5% phosphoric acid in it.......but it doesn't seem to be doing anything after a couple of hours in soak.

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Sun, did you dilute this or use it straight out of the bottle?

Thanks for your experiment, brave soul! ~ dee

PrincedssDee--I used an Ice Maker Cleaner Straight--I did not dillute it as I wanted to see the full effect of the 75% strength. Brave soul indeed. Were is my medal of Valor!!!!!! Remember, that these are chemicals and it is not the indented purpose of the product. So do not use if you do not want to take any risks. I am not advocating its use and only reporting my findings as Stone reccomended this product and I thought I would give it a go, I used it because I think that it rinses clean and leaves no residual and the logic being that if you are going to run it though an ice maker and then conume the ice after is is rinsed out, then it should not be leaving a residue. But that is me and my logic (a desperate soul looking for an way to save my may be soon banned atomizers from demise. we are not telling anyone else they should use it, they need to make up their own mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread