The “Cola” Method Taken to Another Level That Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
PrincedssDee--I used an Ice Maker Cleaner Straight--I did not dillute it as I wanted to see the full effect of the 75% strength. Brave soul indeed. Were is my medal of Valor!!!!!! Remember, that these are chemicals and it is not the indented purpose of the product. So do not use if you do not want to take any risks. I am not advocating its use and only reporting my findings as Stone reccomended this product and I thought I would give it a go, I used it because I think that it rinses clean and leaves no residual and the logic being that if you are going to run it though an ice maker and then conume the ice after is is rinsed out, then it should not be leaving a residue.

i don't have any medals handy Sun but i'd like to give a sincere THANK YOU!!! to you and everyone else who helped.

i found this on one site:

Remember:
Always discard the first batch of ice after cleaning any ice machine.

Nickel Safe Ice Machine Cleaner - Ice Machine Accessories at Kirby

I agree with what Sun said. I will happily use it. But everyone will make up their own mind.

It is interesting to consider how people see risk; it is well known that people's perception of risk is far from perfect. Not surprisingly, people do percieve new things as risky and that is all well and good, best to be cautious. However, in everyday things people are so carefree, dodging traffic to cross the road and so on. Do you rinse after washing up? Lots of people don't although many washing-up liquids contain formaldehyde as a preservative, a known/suspected carcinogen.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
PrincedssDee--I used an Ice Maker Cleaner Straight--I did not dillute it as I wanted to see the full effect of the 75% strength. Brave soul indeed. Were is my medal of Valor!!!!!! Remember, that these are chemicals and it is not the indented purpose of the product. So do not use if you do not want to take any risks. I am not advocating its use and only reporting my findings as Stone reccomended this product and I thought I would give it a go, I used it because I think that it rinses clean and leaves no residual and the logic being that if you are going to run it though an ice maker and then conume the ice after is is rinsed out, then it should not be leaving a residue. But that is me and my logic (a desperate soul looking for an way to save my may be soon banned atomizers from demise. we are not telling anyone else they should use it, they need to make up their own mind.

Great Job, Sun!!! I already located a supply HVAC supply store near my house.

Oh, by the way, Sun, if you wake up tomorrow and notice a second head growing out of your shoulder, you will let us all know, won't you!!??!!??:D

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Great Job, Sun!!! I already located a supply HVAC supply store near my house.

Oh, by the way, Sun, if you wake up tomorrow and notice a second head growing out of your shoulder, you will let us all know, won't you!!??!!??:D

Wv2win--No second head!!! But I did notice a third ear!!!!!!!--LOL--Sun:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread