The Amazing Automatic Drip-o-mizer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I'm going strong this morning without even one dry hit since I started last night. I believe, with the posting of this awesome thread, that we are at the advent of a revolution... the fillerless cartomizer. This method shows that pollyfill is wholey unnessessary in a carto that's gonna be used in a carto tank. They should just start making punched cartos the same way only minus the filling. The coil wrapped in that wicking tube is all you need for a tank carto. It works suprisingly well. This is a breakthrough!

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
My first attempt at this was with a brand new kanger and little hole punched in it and I ended up with liquid all over the place.

My sincerest sympathies. This is where the experimentation comes in. You may have to use a thicker juice or move the tank up over the hole a bit. I sometime take a couple of hits then cover the hole entirely. When it starts to run dry, just slide the tank down and repeat.

Thanks for the kudos, guys (and gals). Glad it's been working out for y'all.

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
Dude, you are a god among men. I was really upset at the performance of my Kanger cartos. I pulled the filler out just like you said and punched a tiny hole, slapped it in my Clean Tank. Absolutely beautiful pull, flavor, no leaking or gurgling, no burnt hits.

Aw shucks... maybe a demi-god... :) But yeah, punching the Kangers really improves the draw, since the built-in airholes are way too small.

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
My sincerest sympathies. This is where the experimentation comes in. You may have to use a thicker juice or move the tank up over the hole a bit. I sometime take a couple of hits then cover the hole entirely. When it starts to run dry, just slide the tank down and repeat.

I was using 100% vg so that wasn't the issue. I'm apprehensive about moving the tank up to cover the hole because that is where it all came out. With a phiniac tank, that has never been an experience that I have had until I did this.

Link

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2011
SmokeFreeville usa
ok so, yeah this works. but doesnt this method defeat the purpose of using a tank setup?

for me...i like being able to fill up tank more than just a quarter way or so. and more than that will flood for sure, even the tiniest hole.
only filling it up that much, i would have to refill tank as frequently as i would have to refresh a carto without a tank.

did taste a bit yummier though i'll say.

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
ok so, yeah this works. but doesnt this method defeat the purpose of using a tank setup?

As Alfred E. Newman used to say, "Nothing are perfect." Granted that you won't get the the long intervals between fills as you would with a standard tank-cart setup, but the purpose was more to eliminate the problems with polyfill than anything else. I was after better taste, and this system delivers. So far.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Hey guys let me show you another way to avoid dripping on an atty every 6-8 draws. Some of you may of seen this, but just in case I'm posting another way to get extended sessions of vaping via dripping on an atty with out dripping every 5 mins. Now once again this is on my to do list. I intend to take a cartomizer with the fill removed and insert a few bonuts as filler. So until then here is the original from Mr BJ43 :
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/221377-stainless-steel-doughnuts-dripping.html

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
Hey guys let me show you another way to avoid dripping on an atty every 6-8 draws. Some of you may of seen this, but just in case I'm posting another way to get extended sessions of vaping via dripping on an atty with out dripping every 5 mins. Now once again this is on my to do list. I intend to take a cartomizer with the fill removed and insert a few bonuts as filler. So until then here is the original from Mr BJ43 :
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/221377-stainless-steel-doughnuts-dripping.html

I don't quite get what they're doing here. Is this about the same as how an HH.357 V2 has steel mesh around the atty?

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I don't quite get what they're doing here. Is this about the same as how an HH.357 V2 has steel mesh around the atty?

Basically you roll up a pipe screen, then create a half moon out of it. Oxidize the bottom 2 just in case they come in contact w the coil or anything that could cause a short, and after the first couple it varies how many more you put in on top of them. I personally put in a bunch until the drip tip in slightley compressing them. They act as a filler and allow one to put a lot more juice in each time, therefore a lot more vape time between drips.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
So I dont want to burst any bubbles but here ya go:

EDIT: He didn't put it in a tank tho
Doggsbody was the original no filler carto guy, when just getting the hard plastic, glued mouthpiece off was a pain and there were no drip tips either. Also was the condom fill originator.

Doggsbody - YouTube

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Doggsbody was the original no filler carto guy, when just getting the hard plastic, glued mouthpiece off was a pain and there were no drip tips either. Also was the condom fill originator.

Doggsbody - YouTube

Yes, I should of been clear, I didnt mean to give credit to my link as the originator. I just wanted to show its been done. Also Doggsbody has a cooler username.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread