Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
I'm 72 years old so I guess I might be entitled to some degree of forgetfulness.

Today I was sitting around thinking (I do my best thinking when I'm sitting) and it dawned on me that 510 to eGo adapters interfere with the airflow a little bit. And I use 510 to eGo adapters a lot and was using one on my Aspire tank.

Then it hit me!

A 510 to 510 adapter lets a lot more air through the coil.

That was a major "Duh" moment.

So I dig one out of my ashtray I keep for memories sake and my airflow problem went away.

Just wanted to throw this out there in case you are doing the same thing.

Hey trinifreak. I guess I have just about every type and make of tank and coil you can think of including one of the very first carto tanks ever made. I think I have enough electronic mods and mechanical mods to open my own shop.

There is no bad way and no best way to vape and for me, the fun is in trying new things and searching for the one that delivers the very best flavor. The Bottom Dual Coil is the closest thing to that delivery of best flavor I have found so far. But even now, sometimes I'll dig out a single coil or dual coil stainless steel carto and either fill it or punch holes in it for one of my tanks and vape. It seems the delivery of flavor is a little different in each type of carto or tank/coil and I enjoy them all.

I hope you end up feeling that way too. There's a real vaping adventure out there in front of you with all the new equipment being developed and some of the older equipment that is still fun to use.

TT

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I think people will find these coils extremely durable. I have ones that I used for 3 months and the only reason I changed them is because they got a little weird tasting and I didn't want to soak them.
Now I will change them quicker (because I have a pretty much endless supply) but the first ones I had were limited prototypes, and I really liked there performance.
I brought 5 or 6 back from China (April) and still have 3 of them. My wife gummed one up in a couple weeks, I dropped one , and dissected one. The others I still have. One I still use because its a slightly different design (Glass tank) and I really dont like the style or the way it seats inside the tank.
We are working on a similar one that will use the same coils. I have turned down 2 revisions so far. You may see these for sale from some Chinese re-sellers as the factory rarely throws products away. They usually sell them to another Chinese re-seller for lower prices.

Last edited:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
There is no bad way and no best way to vape and for me, the fun is in trying new things and searching for the one that delivers the very best flavor. The Bottom Dual Coil is the closest thing to that delivery of best flavor I have found so far. But even now, sometimes I'll dig out a single coil or dual coil stainless steel carto and either fill it or punch holes in it for one of my tanks and vape. It seems the delivery of flavor is a little different in each type of carto or tank/coil and I enjoy them all.

I hope you end up feeling that way too. There's a real vaping adventure out there in front of you with all the new equipment being developed and some of the older equipment that is still fun to use.

TT

Quoted for truth...Well said....

rightcoastvapor510

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Ludlow, Vermont
Allow me to chime in here, I ordered one Aspire Mini Nova tank last week, and have been using it almost exclusively since Monday.

Amazing, I love that it is so reliable! Easy to use is an understatement.

Flavor does no t seem to be all there though, but it never was on the Mini Nova with the dual coil wick heads either, the flavor is stronger in the Ego Dual Coil Clearomizers.....

Still, I am all for going to these, as they do seem to vape cleaner than wick heads, but alas, I went to make a small order for an Ego style and pack of heads, and the 5 pack is out of stock.....:(

TrashCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
Toronto, ON, Canada
I had the same problem with the small amount of hot vapor.

But here's what I do. In my Dremel kit I have a needle nosed abrasive tool that is perfect for enlarging the air holes usually found down near the threads on the base. So I made the air holes larger. I angled the tool upward to avoid the center pin located in the base and now it works fine for me.
TT

Do you think you could put a picture up of the Dremel bit? I have a kit of several hundred bits and am just not sure which one you'd be referring to.

Last edited:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
so far this is the closest to set and forget as i've come. time will tell on the lifespan of the coil. Anyone kill one yet? how's dry burning?
I dry burned one of the first ones I got and it "sorta" came back to life....I might of overdone it a little...I set it at 20 watts on the Opus d and gave it around 6 or 7 second bursts. It would probably of been better if I had took it completely out of the CE5 to let it cool a little better between voltage bursts. I should also mention that this was NOT the FINAL revision (which incorporated a slightly longer piece of non resistant wire) so it may work slightly better (or worse) on the ones that are on the market right now. It never really returned to its original glory but was definitely better than it was, prior to the dry burn.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The initial stock really went fast.

Yeah, Im hoping for both of them, within the next 10 to 20 days or sooner...I hope!

A day late and a dollar short... :facepalm:

Hello Drew, Hit!
waving_smiley.gif

tdavids

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Oregon
save5 is always active!
Here is where with a $40 dollar purchase should have been inserted. Just to quash any confusion. Don't get me wrong I sincerly believe you are an honest businessman or I would not have ordered from you. However buds need nipping and a little extra typing on your part can help.

Last edited:

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
Just got my Opus D and Aspire clearos in the mail (1x Mini Nova and 1x 510)!!!

Vaping the Mini Nova right now after giving it 10-15min to get saturated. I decided to start with the thickest juice I own (80%vg / 20% pg) because if it works with this juice it should work with almost any juice!

It's performing better than anything else non-rebuildable that I've tried this juice in recently. I get a burnt taste above 8watts on the Opus D but around 7.5-7.8 watts it's performing great; I have had to take a few primer puffs between vapes but I chain vape and this juice is 80%vg/20%pg so taking that into account the things are amazing. Terrific F/T/V!

If it works with this juice it will work with almost anything.

PS: I just found the power sweet spot; 7.7watts is putting out the best Flavor/Vapor without getting dry hits (8watts is do-able but after 2-3 vapes it gets dry/scratchy).

Great product, Drew! I'll definitely be waiting for the heads to be available; I should have bought a pack when I ordered the clearos but too late lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread