The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Aspire

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by hittman, Sep 25, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry you don't like them...I have noticed that the few that are not having good results are using the Pro Vari or other similar devices that have a different type of Airflow. Also some adapters will not allow suitable airflow for all liquids. I would encourage you to try a couple different devices or battery combinations before you give up on them , because most are really having tremendous success with them.

It may be possible that they just are not for you also...Either way I appreciate the feedback.
    Drew

2. MJTP

MJTP Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2012
    TN
    I sort of think the term "not for you" is silly; I believe we're all vapers here, and I don't believe anyone's looking for a burnt rubber taste. It's not like some are and some aren't. For there to be a burnt taste, there really has to be some sort of chemical or combustion reaction going on that indeed gives this flavor; the human tongue simply can't taste things that aren't there (unless someone's psychotic). My guess is that there's a residue in these tanks or on these wicks; a lady on this forum found the very same result with ONE of the Aspires (but not the others in her stock) and found that boiling the tanks and wicks solves the problem, however it destroys the glue components. It points to the random presence of factory residue, and with that, I believe it's a factory issue that should be solved (many are reporting it) and depending on the residue or coating and what exactly is in it, I'd question the safety of it.

My local retailer sold me a clearomizer that was practically 1/6th full with some sort of lubricant. It's simply unneeded and is probably half of what ruins many a vapers' experience. There's what, probably 20 reviews of the Aspire on this forum so far? About 5 of those are reporting the burnt rubber taste. 1/4 is not a good thing. Then again, it may be a wicking issue, maybe someone's using a thicker juice (which Phil says an air controller may help) but I've seen folks practically put pancake syrup in these things and get a great result. I just don't see how this many professional vapers are getting the bad result if it's down to the user or juice.

Retailers need to stop blaming the customers and saying something might be mentally or physically wrong with them. I highly doubt it's that. There's a big difference from a burnt taste, and someone just being picky over wether they like dual coils or RBA's better.

3. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    Got mine today. Broke out the mini nova style one to put it through its paces, loaded up with some 100% VG juice and it's handling it fine at 8-ish watts, only the occasional need for a quick suck to wet the wicks a little more. It's a perfect fit on my Simplicity 14500, too, which was my hope so I could have a decent "discreet" setup for when the time warrants. I wouldn't mind a slightly tighter draw on it, but it's not bad

4. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey

Well I agree that a burnt taste is from some type of combustion...It doesn't get burnt at the factory? I did have correspondence with the woman who "boiled" them and what she found was that pouring very hot water over them and soaking them in it, seemed to solve the issue with the taste that she was experiencing but made the cartos fall apart. There is no glue in these so, Im not sure what made them fall apart other than soaking the poly in hot water would deform the fit.
    I have watched around 10 Video and have only seen one negative result.

I have also posted replies about how important airflow is and also posted an additional video today. If the airflow/juice ratio is not correct these can fail, but the instances have been few.
    As has been said there have been thousands of these sold and the instances with issues are far lower than most products I have sold or released.
    After explaining that the fixes for issues I just wanted to say that these may not work for everyone, due to the many combinations of liquids/devices and flavors that can have too many results to speculate why everyone is having issues.

I hope this doesn't sound like I don't want to hear responses from people that are having issues or that I am being condescending, but I also don't want anyone to think that we are not watching the issues and responding to ALL of them. Thanks,
    Drew

5. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Here is the video that I posted today that further explains filling and simple fixes for airflow issues.

6. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    Thanks for the polite response, and yes thru further contact everything is fine. I also understand that email tones can be hard to read correctly and some customers really do look for freebies, as was not in my case. Everything is fine.

I do wish however that these had the screw on type bottoms like the tops, that would make cleaning a little more fool proof, i did boil the water and it was hot, but i did let it cool a few mins before pouring on the tanks.

I know that was user error. It did however take care of the god awful taste i was getting, so that tells me it was not the juice but maybe machine oils or something, not a big deal. In the future i will be trying the vodka soaks.. Any chance of a new version where the bottom metal piece is screwed in and not glued on?

7. Ladiekali

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    It is definately some sort of glue. Or other sticky substance.

8. Ladiekali

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    image.jpg

That is not plastic, its tacky

9. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi,
    Thanks. We do have these that the bottom does screw off and the poly is completely seperate...The bottom cap screws off of all of them so that you could isolate the coils and lower portion though...
    Aspire Mini Vivi Nova BDC Tank

10. Dac311

Dac311 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Any idea when the igo threaded ones are coming in? I may be moving over to an ego threaded device soon anyway. Looking at getting the itaste v3. Waiting on the approval from the wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well I was supposed to have them 3 months ago! I feel your pain. They keep telling me any day now, but I am hoping to have some soon. I hate to make any promises. Thanks,
    Drew

12. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    What's the difference? Just the threads? Is the airflow any lighter or stiffer on them?

13. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, apparently the Igo versions leak! At least that's what they are telling me? I had a sample from April but they have changed significantly since then. I have not approved the final version of the Igo/808 version, but they should be very similar if not exactly like the EGo version, (possibly just slightly more airy) but that is yet to be seen.

14. hittman

Supporting member
    The airflow on the mini is really good. I got one of those cheap ego airflow controls to play with and figured out I liked it just like it was.

15. Dac311

Dac311 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've stuck with an 808 vendor because I they have the only juice I can vape all day, an ry4. But at this point I figure I'm just missing the boat with not having a 510 connection. So I think it's time to move up.

16. Vaporlass

Vaporlass Full Member Verified Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Texas
    How are these Aspire tanks working on Provaris? Ive got two ready to order (from Nhaler) but some reviews are saying they dont get enough air because of fit. I dont have a Dremel (drill) :) nor do I want to 'have to' work on a tank to use it. I think I might have an old connector somewhere that I had to have to use another tank but since I started using my Smok glass tanks (which I love) I still want to have an easier fill method like these Aspire tanks seem to offer.
    Seems like Phil said it worked fine on a Provari but others are saying No. :)

17. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have had mixed comments...I actually watched Video (positive) where the guy was using a ProVari in the review. I also thought that Phil said he had to loosen it up slightly to get the airflow right. I just tried a Full sized Vivi Nova and the airflow is NOT good...The smaller Vivi is fine though and the 510 version is also ok.

18. Vaporlass

Vaporlass Full Member Verified Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Texas
    Thank you. I have an Evic too that I use with my Vivi Nova tanks -but not very often. Ive become one of those die hard Provari fans -but Im thinking of trying a Zmax -any reviews on those with this tank? Maybe I should just wait and buy myself one of those Opus D's for Christmas-I 'love' the way they look.

19. JoeDerty

JoeDerty Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i just ordered 2 how long did it take you to get yours? if you live in the usa im just curious

20. hittman

Supporting member
    My deliveries from nhaler always take 2-3 days depending on usps.