The Banning of E Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little White Cloud

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
San Diego CA, USA
We are getting to a crazy point of control at this point fellow citizens. In places they are attempting to ban E juice on the premise that it is a dangerous liquid that has been sending kids to the ER when they drink it and for some reason citing a man that injected himself and died. By their "reasoning" if you could make that stretch of the term. All cleaning products, chemicals, solvents, entire Isles worth of products should be made Illegal. There are thousands of everyday household products that could fit that description. It is too obvious also that pharmaceutical meds are way more commonly misused than E juice and have been for decades
but is a word said about that?

If one looks at accidents with other chemicals available to people there are thousands that have been causing more accidents for a long time an have never been banned. This undeserved attack on E juice needs to be brought out into the light for what it really is. A trampling of our rights by big corporations. It could not be more obvious my friends.:facepalm:

Little White Cloud

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
San Diego CA, USA
That may be true, but should not the responsibility of keeping these bottles out of the hands of kids fall upon the adults who buy and store them? Too often people are not made to be responsible for what they do and rules that apply to all are placed upon all of us. Is the negligence of the few good reason to take away the rights of the many? It amazes me how often I see kids have accidents or do misdeeds and the parents are not even considered to be at fault. I say make adults responsible for what they do and their children and we will see future generations improve instead of devolve.

jensy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada
that may be true, but should not the responsibility of keeping these bottles out of the hands of kids fall upon the adults who buy and store them? Too often people are not made to be responsible for what they do and rules that apply to all are placed upon all of us. Is the negligence of the few good reason to take away the rights of the many? It amazes me how often i see kids have accidents or do misdeeds and the parents are not even considered to be at fault. I say make adults responsible for what they do and their children and we will see future generations improve instead of devolve.

yes yes yes yes yes ..........

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I just posted this last night on another thread www. boltbuzz. com/liquid-poison-the-new-drug-we-should-all-be-scared-of/
This is where all the banning BS is coming from. As I said in that thread, very frustrating!

Sorry, link didn't work, here it is www. boltbuzz .com/liquid-poison-the-new-drug-we-should-all-be-scared-of/

Last edited by a moderator:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
They should put Warning labels on the Bottles{KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN}.

Well, I just went through the bottles from every vendor I've purchased from (8 vendors total).
EVERY SINGLE BOTTLE carries the warning "Keep out of reach of children". The ones from MBV include pets as well.

So what do you mean when you say "They should"? Can you name a vendor that doesn't?

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I just posted this last night on another thread http://www.boltbuzz. com/liquid-poison-the-new-drug-we-should-all-be-scared-of/
This is where all the banning BS is coming from. As I said in that thread, very frustrating!

Well, at least the commercial banner on the site pointed me to a good source for PG!

Little White Cloud

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
San Diego CA, USA
I just posted this last night on another thread www. boltbuzz. com/liquid-poison-the-new-drug-we-should-all-be-scared-of/

Sorry, link didn't work, here it is www. boltbuzz .com/liquid-poison-the-new-drug-we-should-all-be-scared-of/

Any of us here can tell the author of that article does not know the first thing or anything about the their own topic. Incredible.:facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
By their "reasoning" if you could make that stretch of the term. All cleaning products, chemicals, solvents, entire Isles worth of products should be made Illegal. There are thousands of everyday household products that could fit that description.

You are right, but then there is not a political agenda behind banning those items, and there IS a political agenda against vaping, and everything having to do with it.

swampergene

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Slatington, PA, USA
You are right, but then there is not a political agenda behind banning those items, and there IS a political agenda against vaping, and everything having to do with it.

Exactly. This article I just read is interesting to that end. The article doesn't mention vaping or e-cigs specifically, but it demonstrates exactly why this battle has grown so big since last year's figure showing how e-cigs have displaced a suddenly large share of the tobacco market. The first paragraph is really what concerns us:

The President’s proposal to raise the federal excise tax on tobacco products and use the additional revenue to expand preschool education, which he included in both his fiscal year 2014 and 2015 budgets, could achieve the dual goals of reducing the number of premature deaths due to smoking and raising an estimated $78 billion over ten years to finance early childhood education.

See, while this is merely discussing a tax increase proposal, the important thing is that it shows how they've already got our money spent. The "vaping craze", for lack of a better term, caught them with their pants down. The will stop at nothing until either they get rid of it (vaping) quickly before people can quit tobacco permanently, or tax it equivalently to what they were expecting from cigarettes. From a budget angle, we are literally stealing money from them, and it's A LOT. As I've said recently, when a government becomes dependent on a sin tax, they become perpetrators of that sin. The "addiction" becomes that of the nation, not the individual. They are literally tobacco pimps. None of the other "poisons" generate this kind of money.

http:// www.cbpp. org/ cms/ ?fa=view&id=3978

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
So, lets take this one step further:

"The President’s proposal to raise the federal excise tax on tobacco products and use the additional revenue to expand preschool education, which he included in both his fiscal year 2014 and 2015 budgets, could achieve the dual goals of reducing the number of premature deaths due to smoking and raising an estimated $78 billion over ten years to finance early childhood education."

Based on this, does the government mean that smokers will stop smoking? Lets look at this logic. OK, smokers stop smoking and then the funding of early childhood education stops. What then?

Or, do they mean that those "idiot" (not my opinion, I don't look down upon smokers) smokers will continue to smoke because after all, even though they're publicly shunned and degraded they haven't stopped, so the funding of early childhood education will never dry out? And they achieve an added morale booster for those who feel better because they have a free-for-all bashing of other human beings whom the government has proclaimed to be of inferior intelligence because of their choice to smoke.

And, what scares me the most, the masses of people think this is sound "logic."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread