The battle continues

Discussion in 'Bloog' started by zeromisfit999, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. zeromisfit999

zeromisfit999 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I find myself here at 4 am, browsing the forum, analog in hand, shaking my head at myself as this battle has gone on for a year or better since discovering Bloog. The product is wonderful, but I feel it is just simply not enough to make me quit. I haven't gotten that mindset yet. I figure with ten years of smoking at the age of only 24, I should be done with it by now. A childish habit that made me "look cool" while I was in a band and being a typical teenager. Curse the tobacco industry, getting you addicted to something that has no health benefit what so ever. Alas, Me and the Newport will have our last battle someday.

2. trichman

trichman Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Hang in there zero. What nic level do you use? I helped a person recently with a similar problem by telling them to get higher nic and that worked. It is good to hear from you again. We're here if you need help!

3. pmos69

pmos69 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi Zero,

Ask yourself the question: Do I really want to quit? And be serious to yourself.
    It will only really work if you want to quit.
    If you want to quit, up the nic level for a while.

Slap yourself in the face a couple of times and get back on the program.

4. zeromisfit999

I'm vaping 16mg nic level, it isn't that it's not enough its just I reach for the analog first. Need to get out of the habit. Especially at work

5. propagandax

propagandax Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I needed 24 mg to quit. Also 24 mg is the only strength that gives me the throat hit sensation I need. BTW I smoked marboro lights. Highly recogmend you step it up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

6. zeromisfit999

I'm weary about the 24mg because I bought a pack of them, and my heart started racing rather badly when I would vape them. When I smoke cigarettes my heart rate is generally 100-110, (resting is about 80 as I have anxiety). Although I am sure it is better than smoking, it freaked me out a little.

7. leaford

leaford Supplier Services Provider ECF Veteran

24 is my normal strength, Zero. Give it another try and see if that's more satisfying.

8. Newme

Newme Super Member ECF Veteran

I needed 24mg to quit. The 16mg was just not enough. Give it a try. And maybe just don't buy any cigarettes for quite a while. I smoked for almost 40 years and I loved it! When I tried a cigarette about a month or so after I quit smoking I couldn't believe how bad they tasted.

You can do it!

9. leaford

Zero, one more thing that occured to me. What flavor are you using? Sometimes throat hit makes as much of a difference in how satisfying it is as the nicotine level, especially if you are also smoking analogs. SO if you are using a sweet flavor like the fruit flavors, which generally are smoother, switching to a tobacco or menthol with more TH will be more satisfying.

10. Gizmo42

Gizmo42 Full Member

I didnt think I would ever be able to quit analogs but now I'm about 5 months analog free. Got my first Bloog order in October or November with 16mg nic. I immediately went from 2 packs a day to about 2 packs a week. That went on until December, I upped my nic to 24mg and went to about a pack a week. I started leaving the pack in my truck and dropped to 2 analogs a day (one on the way to work, one on the way home). Just wasnt worth putting pants on to go out in the cold to get one LOL. Went on vacation over MLK weekend and on the way home my car charger died so my batteries went dead. Finished off the 1/2 pack of analogs I had with me and havent bought any since then. I kept wanting one all day, every day but with the Bloogs it wasnt an urgent need for one so I was able to ignore it. After about 2 months I had an analog I bummed off my friend at the bar and it was nasty. Havent even wanted one since then. I smoked 2 packs a day for about 25 years.

Hang in there you can do it, you just have to really WANT to quit and get in the right mind set.

Oh yeah, I have recently lowered my nic level. Have been mixing 24mg Bloog juice with 30-40% unflavored 12mg VG from EC Blend. Use that sometimes and use some 12mg 40% VG tobacco flavor juice from EC Blend.

11. zeromisfit999

ive been vaping the newer version of kamel, and the spi. 16 mg like I said, I will try 24mg in the future. I'm waiting to see what kind of crazy contraption is coming out in the near future though. I smoke menthol cigarettes but found both bloog menthol and a lot of menthol juices just gross tasting.

12. caged

caged Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I had to get rid of my analogs to quit. It happened about 7 months after discovering e-cigs. One day I decided I had had enough cigarettes and gave my remaining smokes and lighters away. It was not pain free, but the worst was over within 8-12 hours and it was by far the easiest way to quit I've tried (including Chantix and the patch). Being around cigarettes makes it much harder to give them up. With a little time, however, you can vape away while your friends smoke without having an urge to bum one.

13. zeromisfit999

Just upped to 24 mg rotating between the last straw and spi, must say throat hit is significantly stronger. Only had two analogs so far today

14. Smile n' shine

Smile n' shine Super Member ECF Veteran

I cut back too while vaping, then decided not to buy any more. I still can't believe that day happened. lol
    Strength & type of juice made a huge difference.

Congrats to being down to only 2!! You're almost there!!
    Please post and brag when you're down to 0 so we can all celebrate with you. :toast:

15. zeromisfit999

Just upped to 24 mg rotating between the last straw and spi, must say throat hit is significantly stronger. Only had two analogs so far today

16. leaford

GOod job, and good luck with keeping it up! :thumb:

Just remember, total tobacco abstinance isn't the only way to measure success. Every cigarette you DON'T smoke is a victory, too. So stay strong and don't beat yourself up if you still need a cigarette or two. Just remember how many more you would have had otherwise.

17. xoYOmamaox

xoYOmamaox Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have not had a cig in 2 years and have been nic free for about two weeks still vape 0mg menthol right now. The way i quit was one day after seeing a customer come in ( i sell cars ) that had lung cancer and knowing that my mom had COPD even though she quit smoking years b4 i just said that im quitting after this one last day. So i smoked and enjoyed every cig i could smoke that day went and bought some nic patches and when i woke up the next morning slaped one on and off i went to work. I was having a pretty ruff time with it around the second day i went to a shop and picked up a disposable e-cig and paid like $8 and thought it was the best thing ever though i only hit it when i had to have it the most burning through one of those a day for about a week finding bloogs web site and ordering the orginal fusion kit and when i got that i never looked back started using 11mg nic for i few months then went to 6mg then 0mg and back to 6mg. I never used anything higher than 11mg. I could use 6mg and even though 11mg hit harder i would not let myself use it because i was trying to break my habit all together. I just put down the nic like two weeks ago and for three days i wanted it really bad now its only a few times a day and hopefully 6 months from now i dont even think about it. The hardest thing for me is i had just made a $120.00 order of nic juice and carts pre filled and cant use them but i just keep on keeping on and hope i dont fall off the wagon atleast if i do it will be for e-cigs not the real thing. I have seen you post up here for about a year or so and i see your struggle just know if you want it bad enough your going to have to let your body want that nic and then e-cigs will be great dont let yourself have those analogs and after that bad day you will enjoy that e cig just like you did the analogs then you can work on getting off the nic then the battery only then will your really save money and be happy that you did it even though you might always want the analog a little bit i still do sometimes. So in closing I think its not about how high the nic its about letting the analogs go know that the only thing you can have is a e-cig then over time take yourself down to that 6mg then just drop the nic and your body and mind will hate you for three days sunflower seeds are great do it for yourself make sure you don’t end up the one who cant walk up the steps its about your health you will have to make your mind up. I am 31 years old now and at this age you start to see how healthy your older family is the ones who stayed active and quit smoking or did not smoke seem to be better off so make your change while you body has time to fix itself. When I go around my wifes family I can tell who smokes they all have that leather looking skin and there voice sounds the same the only reason yours doesn’t is because your 24 good luck with everything.

18. leaford

Nice story xoYO!

: bloog
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.