The Best And Worst Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diagasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
USA
Everything written herein is my opinion only.

A brief history:
I started vaping on a Volcano Magma. The batteries rounded out at about 3.4 volts and the atomizers ohm'd out at 3.2 to 3.5 ohms. Needless to say, I wound up smoking more than I vaped... Between all the foil carts and peanut flavored "tobacco" juice, I was certain I'd just be a smoker not a vaper. Later on, I was at a mall kiosk talking to a guy about my e cig troubles, and he suggested that I try what he was using. A 3 ohm Boge carto on a Silver Bullet at six volts. I almost didn't give it back... The next week, I had a SB, three boxes of cartos and five sets of rcr132a's. I was certain that life could not get any better. About six months later, I bought a high drain 3.7 volt battery along with some 2 ohm lr Boges after reading about the danger of stacking batteries. Life was never the same. LR + 3.7= Bliss (for me)
I'm currently vaping 50/50 vg/pg or 100%vg at 18mg.

Ditch the white cap on top and get a drip tip. Its more comfortable and easier to refill your carto later on.

All cartos were tested on mechanical mods using an AW IMR High Drain battery. (4.2v freshly charged)

Cartos are not supposed to glow red on the inside nor are you supposed to dry burn them.
When the taste gets funky,Toss It! You'll thank me later... :)

Boge 3 ohm:
~Not a terrible vape on a freshly charged battery but it always left something more to be desired.
~Mild Vapor, Taste and Throat Hit
A vv device or high voltage device is helpful to make these babies shine.

Boge 2 ohm:
~Good all around carto for people new to cartos.
~Easy to fill and maintain with great vapor production, throat hit and taste.
Any eGo or 3.7v battery is sufficient, but they rock at 4 to 4.2 volts.

Ego Mega Cartomizer:
~2.8 to 3 ohm. These cartos have a large capacity with a nice easy draw.
~After being spoiled by Boge LR cartos, these seem kind of piddly. Kind of a pain to fill because they require a syringe to fill.
A vv device won't help much. The filler tastes burnt when pushing past 4.5 volts and even then they leave you wanting more.

Ego Vortex Carto:
~2.2 to 2.8 ohm. These had severe wicking issues with any juice over a 70/30 vg/pg blend.
~Only able to handle about 4.5 volts. Condensation build up results in a gurgling leaking mess.

Dual Coil Cartos: All variants. EMDCC XL STND
~ Available in 1.5 ohm to 3 ohm. Most users prefer the 1.5 ohm at a higher voltage but most vv devices view them as shorted cartomizers. These tend to be juice hogs and put quite a strain on batteries because of the load required to fire them. Warm thick vapor with good flavor and throat hit. Battery life suffers but you get great performance for a while... Draw tends to stiffen up quicker that single coil cartos.
~1.5 ohm sweet spot 3.7 to 5 volts. 2 ohm sweet spot 4 to 6 volts. 3 ohm sweet spot 5 to 7.4 volts.

1.7 ohm Resurrector Carto
~ My favorite carto at the moment. They give a similar performance to dual coils with less of a battery drain.
~Awesome throat hit with good flavor and vapor. Used primarily at 3.7 volts to 4.2 volts.

Ce2/Clearomizers:
~Some people have really good luck with these but they can take a bit of fiddling to get working to their full potential.
~Available in LR and HR options. Inspired the first tank mods. I was never a fan of them but you might give them a try, but only after you do a little youtube research.

Ego Stardust:
~2.1 to 2.4 ohm varieties. I am fairly new to these but they are quite nice.
~Top coil design with a juice window so you can see your juice. Aerovapor on youtube has a nice review on them.

Ratings and Reccomendations:

As with any new PV, Atty, Carto, Juice, Drip Tip or Battery, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! ECF is full of great reviews as is youtube. Can't find a review for your particular item in question? Ask someone. Anyone here will gladly help a new vaper out. Smoking was a nasty addiction, vaping is a pleasurable obsession.

I know what I like but it took a while to get there. Some people hate cartomizers because they claim they give off a filler taste. I'll vouch that certain cartos give off a strange smell and flavor but not all are bad. For people looking into vaping, I'd suggest either Boge 2 ohm cartos of the 1.7ohm Resurrectors. These will help simulate the heat and smoke associated with smoking. For me, smoking had no throat hit unless it was a menthol. New vapers beware, most juices when paired with a lr carto will knock you on your .... with the throat hit. Remember to hydrate and keep at it. Anything that keeps you away from smoking is a good thing.

Coming here you will find many different views from many different people. Nine times out of ten, you won't like what gets suggested to you. You must walk the expensive, sometimes nasty road to find your vaping bliss. My current favorite carto is the 1.7ohm Res. I've tried and tried and tried many things but I always wind up with Boge 2ohm or the 1.7ohm cartos. I'm big on vapor production and throat hit so I prefer low ohms with high drain batteries. If I'm not using a cartomizer, I'm usually vaping on a 1.5ohm atomizer from Vapor Kings. They carry genuine Joye products and I buy mine in bulk from them. 10 atomizers for 42 dollars is the best deal I've found for such good quality, but dripping all the time can be rather inconvenient, so I always have a carto close by.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your hunt for vaping bliss and remember, NOT A SINGLE PERSON HERE FOUND BLISS THE FIRST DAY!!! Keep your head up and ask many questions!

Thanks,
D

Diagasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
USA
Cool Beans! Thanks for taking the time to do this!
I'm playing around with 6volts on my SB and liking 3ohm Boges.
Still curious about 901, and 801 cartos, Have you tried them or just 510s?
I would like to see a list such as this comparing them.

There really is no need for a list comparing cartos with different connections. Take for instance the 801 fusion and the Boge lr. They are both 2 ohm cartomizers and they are built the same internally. The only difference is the bottom connection. I have a Don that has the 801/510 combo fitting. I've tried both cartos and I prefer the 510. The 801 tended to short out and get a really stiff draw after a few days of use. I would suggest sticking with 510 gear. It is one of the most available connections and probably the best in my opinion. Most of the other connections don't have dual coils or clearomizers or anything besides just standard resistance cartomizers.

So far I've had many different experiences with 808, 901, and 801 gear and I always wind up with 510 gear.

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
Thanks so much for the info D.
I am feeling so frustrated at my lack of understanding in this department. I think my biggest problem is choosing the proper ohm/resistance when it comes to cartos. I have been using a regular eGo up until December when I purchased a vv box mod. I had been using and really liking the resurrectors and sometimes a lr boge 2.0. Once I got the vv mod I started purchasing 3.0 boge cartos to use on my mod. That was okay, but still playing around trying to find the hot spot as they say.

A friend sent me some of the ce2 fluxomizers because she simply could not use them without tearing them to bits trying to refill them. I don't even know what range they were. I watched a bunch of videos and have mastered them and really like them. I just never feel confident when it comes to making purchases and which ohm's to select. If I use them on a regular eGo batt, I don't get much flavor and/or vapor. When I put them on my mod at about 4.0 to 4.2 they are MUCH better. Now I have fallen in love with the Stardust. I don't know what size mine are because I won it in a contest and have no idea what it is.

Brings me to my question... Finally. I just purchased a mini provari and I want to use the stardust on it. Should I get the LR stardust to use on my mini or go with the regular one?? The vendor I use has tons of the 2.5 to 2.8 stardust in stock, but they are out of the 2.2 to 2.5. If I order several of the 2.8 's will I be able to use them on my ego, my box mod and my new mini when it gets here?? So far I seem to like to vape at around 4.0 or so. I like thicker juices and tend to like higher vg. BWB malty is probably my favorite.

Sorry to ramble on so much, but any advice on what to order to use on my mini would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to get this info out!! Great job.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
Best: 801 Fusion Carto (2.9ohm), set anywhere between 4.2-5V, clouds of vapor & best tasting carto imo. The XL Boge & 1.7 ohm Resurrector Carto a good option.

Worst: 306EM carto....terrible taste (burns too hot even with an ego) and perhaps the smallest juice reservoir....might as well drink the e-juice.

Future: just ordered the GotVapes Phoenix 3ml Bottom Coil & XL 1.5ml Cartomizer both at 2.6-2.8ohms....the early blush reviews sound very promising.

BTW...the Kangers are surprisingly nice on my Reo at 3.7v. It appears that once you go beyond 3.7v, even just once, the Kangers will quickly develop a burnt taste. I average 2-3 weeks on one Kanger before they die.

Diagasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
USA
Future: just ordered the GotVapes Phoenix 3ml Bottom Coil & XL 1.5ml Cartomizer both at 2.6-2.8ohms....the early blush reviews sound very promising.

I just got some of these myself. They seem to be working on and off for me. I vape mostly vg juice so I have nothing that is compatible with them atm. I did try some Boba's(100% vg) and a few Nitelitevapor juices(65/35 pg/vg) and neither one seems to wick well enough for my tastes.

smithdl

Nov 6, 2010
Holland, MI
You should try out GotVapes' new PHOENiX cartomizer. I got a pack in about 2 weeks ago and have yet to replace the first one I purchased. Flavor, TH, production, everything is top-notch but what really is amazing to me is how long they last! I've always had to replace cartos/clearos about 4-5 days after starting them, and this one has been going strong for almost 2 weeks!! VIPOD and Diagasa, I'd be interested to hear what you think about them as well (although I have heard that the vg doesn't work very well with these cartos because of the thickness I believe, I use higher pg than vg juice so it works great for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread