The Best Carto Tanks

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by cdunn96, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cdunn96

cdunn96 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have been changing over to carto's and I am looking for some of the better tanks out there that are reasonably priced. I have rebuild-able atty's and have the Vivi but I tried a carto tank and love that even though I love to drip also. Can I get some suggestions or websites to check out? Thanks for your help, it is much easier when people tell you how and why they like the tanks they have.

2. r77r7r

r77r7r Vaping Master ECF Veteran

3. yuttynutt

yuttynutt Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I love my carto tanks and I have lots of them. It all comes down to what you want out of your tank like GrimmGreen says form versus function. If you want something that looks great there are the bella tanks and phiniac tanks and the lava tanks. If you don't mind what it looks like the best working tanks I haqve found are from mom and pop they are the submarine tanks and have a fill hole on the side for easy no mess filling. There's a link in my signature for mom and pop. If price is also a factor you can get a dct from almost any vendor from 6-15 bucks. Dct's work but are a pain to fill and messy. hope this helps.

4. Absintheur

Absintheur Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Glass has the advantage of not cracking with some juices. Some tanks are what they call "slidy" meaning the carto slides very easily in it...these can lead to an accidental dump of your juice. My personal favorites are glass tanks that use a grommet rather than caps and o-rings. These green tanks are an example, I have one and it is great...no leaks ever. Glass tanks .Hot Vapes also sells handblown glass tanks in some very nice colors like these of mine...

[​IMG]

Phiniac Tanks are good tanks as well...good fit on the caps and good fit on the cartos... Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks the also do custom decoration on them.

[​IMG]

Other sourcs for custom glass are

High Desert Age Test uses grommets

Sagewood has tanks at times... Flickr: Sagewood Glass' Photostream

I am sure other will chime in with their favorites as well...

5. wonderland

wonderland Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

There's a sub forum all about tanks here where you will find lots of recommendations: Tanks
    A great place for inexpensive and still fun glass tanks is IBTanked

6. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've got 3 of the IBTanks. 2 19mm and one 25mm. Like em really well so far. But then my Phiniac hasn't arrived yet. I just like the idea of a pryex tank.

7. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

8. wonderland

wonderland Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just make sure if you get anything with acrylic or rubber end caps that you clean them VERY well between juices. I recently ended up with a grape/honey/blueberry flavor that was supposed to just be honey/blueberry :D

9. tnt56

The only problem I have with ElectronicStix.Com is that their out of stock on so many things. I'll be glad when they get their laser drilled boges back in. Next time I'll be more prepared with my order. CS was fantastic. I guess that's why they sell so much product.

10. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

You wouldn't believe the volume that goes through that place! Plus it's such a guessing game for what items will be hot sellers this month and what will just gather dust.
    Thankfully most of their tanks are made right there in the store, and they have one or two in stock (or 200) :p
    [​IMG]

11. RsK0807

RsK0807 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I second the IBtanked.com route. GREAT tanks and GREAT prices

12. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My favorite tanks are from BigDaddyVapor.com and IBtanked.com.

13. glassmanoak

glassmanoak Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

14. tnt56

Like I said the CS was fantastic when I did get to place my order. Sides their the only place I've found that have the laser drilled boges. :) And I really did like em in my IBTanks.

15. Faylool

Faylool Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Theecig in AZ has simple Pyrex tanks in different sizes. Lovely light weight. I have two clear ones and a colbalt blue one. Dont like the dark olor anymore. Cant see juice. The customer service is sincere. You need drilled holes cartos because a dull point punched carto warps it and it won't slide thru.

16. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

another vote for IBTanked. ive got two of em and im pleased.

a neat little trick to minimize warping when punching your own cartos is to tightly wrap a piece of tape around the bottom portion of the carto. im not sure if the tape holds the shape, or if it allows the carto to fit more snugly resulting is less room to warp, or perhaps a combo of the two. regardless, it offers a significant difference in my experience.

17. OCD

OCD Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Dont forget to fiddle your thingy

18. OCD

OCD Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Just wanted to say thanks.

19. tracilynnie

tracilynnie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'd like to second the Valley View Vapes for the super affordable tanks with the side screw fill which is a major convenience with kids in the house and such.. I also like the Phiniac tanks and am adding them to my Yule list cuz they're uber smexy just can't afford them yet lol :p

20. Commie

Commie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you use the big cartos with a flange, I very strongly recommend Artemas Locking 510 DCT. They're dirt cheap, don't leak, and the locking mechanism is *very* awesome. The downside is (I think) they're polycarb, so will crack from some juices.

If you use standard size cartos, I'd join the IBtanked crowd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.