Not open for further replies.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Oh no! :blink: Now I'm probably going to need one of those Vivi Nova bcc's! Only thing is, I ordered the kit with the mini tank and haven't even tried that one yet! :oops: I wasn't sure if the replacement coils included with the E-Max worked on the mini tank? I read that they don't on the Vivi Nova. Where do you get new coils for the tanks> I didn't see them on the E-Max site.. did I just miss them? Also.. you mentioned how good the Vivi Nova is on a variable voltage system. Are there any that aren't GIANT??? I bought a dial-a-volt (in medium size) the same time I bought my E-Max kit... and don't like the dial-a-volt at all! It's like vaping a giant stick! :p And the worst part was I could have bought 2 extra E-Max kits for what I paid for it! :facepalm:

Hiya mixxy. Yeah, the E-Max tank coils won't work on this particular Vivi Nova bcc... and unfortunately, this Vivi Nova bcc is pretty much in a class by itself... (because of it's 'unique' design.. refer to photo)

MaxVaper Vivi Nova bcc.jpg

I can't even find any 'other' suppliers of this particular 'unique design' Vivi Nova bcc, (at least here in the US), other than MaxVaper, so needless to say I haven't been able to locate replacement coils either. However! I do KNOW they are rebuild-able, so I was thinking about doing a YouTube VID demonstrating just that. I'm still vaping my FIRST one that I obtained about 3 weeks ago and it's still performing like it did on day one, so at $11.99 a pop if they all perform at this incredible rate of performance it's still a very sweet deal. Would you like to see a VID on how to rebuild one? If I could stir up enough interest I'd be happy to create one?

As for a 'smaller' Variable Voltage Mod, perhaps an eGO spinner? EastCoast-Technologies - Smallest Variable Voltage eCig: Vision Spinner 400 mAh Review

... Maybe a ProVari Mini (if you want the best of the very best) - ProVari Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

You could try Googling 'mini variable voltage eCig' and find others perhaps?

Sorry you don't like the 'dial a volt' .... give it a shot... dial it to 4 volts and pop that Vivi Nova bcc on there and then get back with me and tell me what you think.

It's not always what looks good that works good... YKWIM? :p

stryfox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
pennsylvinia
Just to update for those following.
Like I stated earlier I ordered a second kit for my sisterin law.
It was in the mail and at my door in 2 days. I had a few questions an I am more than pleased with the level of customer service I have received. I wish more companies were like this.
Also I have been liking emax Carmel and the chocolate mint liquids.
I know there are tons of places to buy this type of stuff but emax customer service and product support will keep me a customer.
Also if you price shop it's a great deal. I like these batteries more than my standard egos. My Volt meeter says 3.67 volts
Vapes great.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The only quality starter kit I've ever seen is the Itaste MVP.
No Cheap Charger, No Cheap Battery. Comes with a decent Clearomizer,

Simple to use and lasts 2 days on the built in battery and chargers with any Micro Usb Cord.
When it's done charging it simply turns off and never met anyone who had a bad experience that way.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Oh no! :blink: Now I'm probably going to need one of those Vivi Nova bcc's! Only thing is, I ordered the kit with the mini tank and haven't even tried that one yet! :oops: I wasn't sure if the replacement coils included with the E-Max worked on the mini tank? I read that they don't on the Vivi Nova. Where do you get new coils for the tanks> I didn't see them on the E-Max site.. did I just miss them? Also.. you mentioned how good the Vivi Nova is on a variable voltage system. Are there any that aren't GIANT??? I bought a dial-a-volt (in medium size) the same time I bought my E-Max kit... and don't like the dial-a-volt at all! It's like vaping a giant stick! :p And the worst part was I could have bought 2 extra E-Max kits for what I paid for it! :facepalm:

:banana: GREAT NEWS Mixxy! (....and everyone else with the New E-Max and Vivi Nova bcc Kits!!!!!! :banana:

MaxVaper now has E-Max Universal Coils! - (Choice of 2.2 or 2.5 ohms)

They fit E-MAX TANKS -MINI PRO TANKS & the VIVI NOVA BCC TANKS! Priced at 5 for $7.95 :thumbs:

Plus! 'Rumor' has it that MV is throwing in an X-tra Vivi bcc coil with purchase of the E-Max Vivi Nova bcc Kit! http://www.maxvaper.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KIT3

Don't know 'bout you Guys but I'm doin' the 'happy dance' here!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last edited:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
The only quality starter kit I've ever seen is the Itaste MVP.
No Cheap Charger, No Cheap Battery. Comes with a decent Clearomizer,

Simple to use and lasts 2 days on the built in battery and chargers with any Micro Usb Cord.
When it's done charging it simply turns off and never met anyone who had a bad experience that way.

Sorry, but we're talkin' about 'starter' kits that we would have liked to have had when we first started vaping. The Kits we're discussing on this thread have everything NEW Vapers need to get started... chargers, extra batteries, tanks, coils, juices... even a carrying case..... (All for UNDER $40 and $50).

Hate to break the news to you tomzgreat, but this iTaste MVP Variable Voltage with that huge 2600mAh battery MOD-style system ain't it. :glare:

To have been of any 'real' help... your post should have included the price also.

jus' sayin'..... :smokie:

Last edited:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Hiya mixxy. Yeah, the E-Max tank coils won't work on this particular Vivi Nova bcc... and unfortunately, this Vivi Nova bcc is pretty much in a class by itself... (because of it's 'unique' design.. refer to photo)

View attachment 265342

I can't even find any 'other' suppliers of this particular 'unique design' Vivi Nova bcc, (at least here in the US), other than MaxVaper, so needless to say I haven't been able to locate replacement coils either. However! I do KNOW they are rebuild-able, so I was thinking about doing a YouTube VID demonstrating just that. I'm still vaping my FIRST one that I obtained about 3 weeks ago and it's still performing like it did on day one, so at $11.99 a pop if they all perform at this incredible rate of performance it's still a very sweet deal. Would you like to see a VID on how to rebuild one? If I could stir up enough interest I'd be happy to create one?

As for a 'smaller' Variable Voltage Mod, perhaps an eGO spinner? EastCoast-Technologies - Smallest Variable Voltage eCig: Vision Spinner 400 mAh Review

... Maybe a ProVari Mini (if you want the best of the very best) - ProVari Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

You could try Googling 'mini variable voltage eCig' and find others perhaps?

Sorry you don't like the 'dial a volt' .... give it a shot... dial it to 4 volts and pop that Vivi Nova bcc on there and then get back with me and tell me what you think.

It's not always what looks good that works good... YKWIM? :p

Would really love to see a video on rebuilding if you decide to make one :) Thanks for the suggestions on the variable volt options! That ProVari Mini does look really nice.. will add to my 'wish list' :) I am using the dial-a-volt at night when I watch TV (I need to be sitting down to hold it up! :laugh:) and it does vape nice! I just wish I would have ordered small size (but don't really know how 'small' a small would have been either) it's so hard to tell from photos! The medium battery is so big I don't even know if the tanks will fit on it?

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
:banana: GREAT NEWS Mixxy! (....and everyone else with the New E-Max and Vivi Nova bcc Kits!!!!!! :banana:

MaxVaper now has E-Max Universal Coils! - (Choice of 2.2 or 2.5 ohms)

They fit E-MAX TANKS -MINI PRO TANKS & the VIVI NOVA BCC TANKS! Priced at 5 for $7.95 :thumbs:

Plus! 'Rumor' has it that MV is throwing in an X-tra Vivi bcc coil with purchase of the E-Max Vivi Nova bcc Kit! E-MAX VIVI NOVA BCC KIT

Don't know 'bout you Guys but I'm doin' the 'happy dance' here!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

That IS super news... thanks for letting us know! :thumbs: I'm going to order another kit with the Vivi Nova since I could use some extra batteries! Since I'm still a dummy :oops: what is the difference between 2.2 or 2.5 ohms?

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
That IS super news... thanks for letting us know! :thumbs: I'm going to order another kit with the Vivi Nova since I could use some extra batteries! Since I'm still a dummy :oops: what is the difference between 2.2 or 2.5 ohms?

The lower resistance coils, (which would the 2.2 in this case), generally result in a warmer, more flavor-full vape. Great for use with thicker (VG based) liquids, and result in more vapor volume and greater throat hit.

Here's a little 'chart' that may help demystify this for you;

OHMS.jpg

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
BlondeAmbition Thank you for bringing up the Price. The complete kit is in the sweet zone of $40.00-$50.00 that you mentioned.

The one drawback of this unit is the box shape. Some don't like being a square person in a round world!!

Delivered to the door at $45.00 from Fasttech
$45.16 INNOKIN iTaste MVP 5-in-1 Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable 2600mAh Mechanical LCD Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / with iClear 16 atomizers at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Yes you'll have to wait two or three weeks but this is in the starter price point. With a battery that lasts 2-3 days you don't need extra batteries. They include Two Clearomizers also. Did I mention that it works as a pass through so if you have a long Micro-USB cable you can vape while it's charging.

The only thing you are missing is the Juice. But hey don't most people like to go to their local vape shop and pick out a delicious juice.
Spec below:

Designed with detachable atomizer
Micro USB socket for charge iTaste MVP
USB 2.0 output socket, as a mobile power supply for external devices
The LED lights will show green, yellow or red to indicate whether there is full battery life, half capacity or charging needed
Voltage can be adjusted from 3.3-5.0 volts
The three most popular power connectors for iphone/iPods, mini USB (Motorola/Blacberry), a Micro USB(Motorola/Nokia/LG/Samsung)
Suitable for 510, RN4081, 901, 8105, Tidy etc, atomizer
Note: Starting 8/30/2013, we are shipping the version 2

Sorry, but we're talkin' about 'starter' kits that we would have liked to have had when we first started vaping. The Kits we're discussing on this thread have everything NEW Vapers need to get started... chargers, extra batteries, tanks, coils, juices... even a carrying case..... (All for UNDER $40 and $50).

Hate to break the news to you tomzgreat, but this iTaste MVP Variable Voltage with that huge 2600mAh battery MOD-style system ain't it. :glare:

To have been of any 'real' help... your post should have included the price also.

jus' sayin'..... :smokie:

Last edited:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
BlondeAmbition Thank you for bringing up the Price. The complete kit is in the sweet zone of $40.00-$50.00 that you mentioned.

Delivered to the door at $45.00 from Fasttech
$45.16 INNOKIN iTaste MVP 5-in-1 Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable 2600mAh Mechanical LCD Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / with iClear 16 atomizers at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Yes you'll have to wait two or three weeks but this is in the starter price point. They include the Clearomizers too. Did I mention that it works as a pass through so if you have a long Micro-USB cable you can vape while it's charging.
Spec below:

Designed with detachable atomizer
Micro USB socket for charge iTaste MVP
USB 2.0 output socket, as a mobile power supply for external devices
The LED lights will show green, yellow or red to indicate whether there is full battery life, half capacity or charging needed
Voltage can be adjusted from 3.3-5.0 volts
The three most popular power connectors for iphone/iPods, mini USB (Motorola/Blacberry), a Micro USB(Motorola/Nokia/LG/Samsung)
Suitable for 510, RN4081, 901, 8105, Tidy etc, atomizer
Note: Starting 8/30/2013, we are shipping the version 2

Thank you for supplying all the additional info... that's quite helpful. :thumbs:

I do believe that's a really sweet 'starter' for more advanced Vapers. No doubt. :smokie:

I still can't see my Mom wantin' to pack one of these things :lol:.... nor see it as a better alternative to the E-Max starter Kit for people just starting out on their vaping journey.

Sorry..... :blink:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Yes, baby steps. Most Vapors begin with a Cig Look alike, takes them a while to get frustrated with the short battery life.

In a lot of vape shops it's a top seller for beginner Vapers. It's really easy to use. I showed it to a granny and she figured it out in 2 minutes flat.

The one disadvantage is the form factor but that is far outweighed by the Battery Life.

It's smaller then you might think.

Myself, I've moved into DNA20D Mods, RBA, Ceramic Wicking and making my own coils, Bottom Feeding, and Mechanicals so a MVP is very basic.

Last edited:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Yes, baby steps. Most Vapors begin with a Cig Look alike, takes them a while to get frustrated with the short battery life.

In a lot of vape shops it's a top seller for beginner Vapers. It's really easy to use. I showed it to a granny and she figured it out in 2 minutes flat.

The one disadvantage is the form factor but that is far outweighed by the Battery Life.

It's smaller then you might think.

Myself, I've moved into DNA20D Mods, RBA, Ceramic Wicking and making my own coils, Bottom Feeding, and Mechanicals so a MVP is very basic.

To be honest with you, I have 'issues' ordering anything from China anymore. There are 'customs' issues regarding the shipment of Batteries and Liquids into the US. I've been reading many posts here on ECF regarding those particular issues for months now, so I don't even want to go there... :lol: ... so!, for my money, I think it's safer to deal with US based Distributors. ;)

I have no problems with my E-Max batteries. I don't exhaust one a day, let alone two. ;)

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
FastTech is pretty good. They have a returns warehouse in Florida.
I agree that if you buy from China then the savings have to be substantial. I save 50% on my batteries by buying from FastTech and I'm prepared that one time it might not get through.
To me a 33% discount for the identical item is worth buying from a somewhat reliable Chinese Supplier. If the difference is only 10-20% then I prefer to buy locally.

To be honest with you, I have 'issues' ordering anything from China anymore. There are 'customs' issues regarding the shipment of Batteries and Liquids into the US. I've been reading many posts here on ECF regarding those particular issues for months now, so I don't even want to go there... :lol: ... so!, for my money, I think it's safer to deal with US based Distributors. ;)

I have no problems with my E-Max batteries. I don't exhaust one a day, let alone two. ;)

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
The lower resistance coils, (which would the 2.2 in this case), generally result in a warmer, more flavor-full vape. Great for use with thicker (VG based) liquids, and result in more vapor volume and greater throat hit.

Here's a little 'chart' that may help demystify this for you;

Thanks again for the help... you're the best! :)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Last edited:

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey All,

I've had the E-Max for weeks now and I have yet to have the Flavor, TH, or Vapor noticeably diminish to the extent where I felt the need to replace or even rinse/clean the coils in the two tanks. How long do these things last? I'm certainly not complaining ... just interested in everyone's experience with these things. My assumption is these coils will one day stop the same way a Christmas tree light will eventually blow.

But when?

My other assumption is that since I'm a 100% All PG - All Tobacco - All the time vaper the gunk buildup on the coil is much less than if I went with other flavors and used a higher percentage of VG in the juice.

But the question remains ... how long do these things last? I get the question a lot from noob folks trying to estimate their vaping running costs and I'm tired of saying I Dunno over and over and over.

Thanks.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Hey All,

I've had the E-Max for weeks now and I have yet to have the Flavor, TH, or Vapor noticeably diminish to the extent where I felt the need to replace or even rinse/clean the coils in the two tanks. How long do these things last? I'm certainly not complaining ... just interested in everyone's experience with these things. My assumption is these coils will one day stop the same way a Christmas tree light will eventually blow.

But when?

My other assumption is that since I'm a 100% All PG - All Tobacco - All the time vaper the gunk buildup on the coil is much less than if I went with other flavors and used a higher percentage of VG in the juice.

But the question remains ... how long do these things last? I get the question a lot from noob folks trying to estimate their vaping running costs and I'm tired of saying I Dunno over and over and over.

Thanks.

You got me bobalex.... I'm still using my first coils that I received with my kit also... (It's had to have been over a month or so already)... haven't had to change one out yet! I vape at 70/30 PG/VG. I know eventually they'll die, but so far, so good! :thumbs:

This is definitely a problem we can live (and vape) with... right? :lol:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Here's a good YouTube VID on how to rebuild an eVOD (or E-Max) Tank.... you can rebuild your Vivi Nova bcc following these exact same methods also. Hope you find this helpful! :thumbs:

Kanger EVOD T3 MT3 Bottom Coil Atomizer Rebuild HD Close Up - YouTube

Thanks so much for sharing the video! I watched it... and found it so interesting that we can now rebuild these things! I'm still such a dummy with all the new stuff to learn... and I hope I won't need to venture into the rebuilding for awhile yet.. but have a notebook for need to know now... and for future learning fun.. so I know this will be great 'to know' down the road! I was doing DIY 'juice' back in 2009-10 and I was totally hooked on coffee (& type) flavors. My favorite mix was always Lorann's Keoke Coffee... even though it did have a caramel coloring added. Have spent most of my time learning all that is new with DIY liquid to see if there is anything better without coloring added. If not, I still figure a little 'caramel color' is probably a lot less harmful to me than going back to nasty cigs! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread