• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The best tube mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Yes I know, I've planned on ordering in 2 weeks anyway.

You know Alibaba is a really good option to buy mods. They don't write down the official price of the product and write things that'll easily get them past customs (bought an ipv mini, istick and Lemo from there). The downside for me is that they only accept money through western union and paypal. It's not possible for me to make a paypal account (Im a Pakistani) so I relied on western union and had to pay for western union charges as well ($20)

Not sure how relevant this is to ya, but I've never had a problem getting anything past Customs from FT/HealthCabin (MVP20W, Veritas, Lemo, etc etc). Also, the invoice/manifest listed them waaayyyy below value (w/o me asking them too, though if it was an issue, I'd ask them first). But then, I coulda been lucky

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Not sure how relevant this is to ya, but I've never had a problem getting anything past Customs from FT/HealthCabin (MVP20W, Veritas, Lemo, etc etc). Also, the invoice/manifest listed them waaayyyy below value (w/o me asking them too, though if it was an issue, I'd ask them first). But then, I coulda been lucky

Yeah they do it too, but they don't have the SX mini. I should have said 'Alibaba is a good option to buy the mods that arnt available in other Chinese websites'. All the Chinese know how to get through customs without a hitch

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
SEVENTY dollars! I just blurted out 'its so cheap that it has to be fake', She then explained that yihi is in China and the reason for it being so expensive is the customs tax (which we dont pay due to their trickery with one piece) and the shipping. She also said that they provide a 12 month warranty with it! It's too good to be true

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Care to share the link? None the less if I were to do it I would only use PayPal - some recourse if things go awry. Western Union you have none. There has been some talk in the forums about an Eyco clone.

If the import is less than 150,000w you wouldn’t have any problems with customs anyway.

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea

Ya its the Eycotech...dollars to donuts its a clone at that price. No mention of Yihi...the authentic manufacturer of the chip and mod. This is the one that people have been discussing at FT.

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
Smok BEC pro. I played around with one for a while. only annoyance i found with it is that in order to see the screen with your set voltage/wattage and whathaveyou, you have to be firing it. not a problem if your using the app though. not huge and 50 watts. supposedly they are going to put out an update to make it 100watts but is been a while so ill believe it when i see it

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Ya its the Eycotech...dollars to donuts its a clone at that price. No mention of Yihi...the authentic manufacturer of the chip and mod. This is the one that people have been discussing at FT.

Has anyone bought one? Them not mentioning yihi is not out of the ordinary; where I ordered my IPV mini from, they didn't mention yihi anywhere either. I had to ask the seller about its authenticity.

It's too good to be true, but it's also unlikely that they're lying. If you check the eyco page, they have a 2yr gold rating. Wouldn't lying be bad for business for a supposedly great supplier?

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Has anyone bought one? Them not mentioning yihi is not out of the ordinary; where I ordered my IPV mini from, they didn't mention yihi anywhere either. I had to ask the seller about its authenticity.

It's too good to be true, but it's also unlikely that they're lying. If you check the eyco page, they have a 2yr gold rating. Wouldn't lying be bad for business for a supposedly great supplier?

Go for it ;) Nothing would make me happier than if you're correct. Just in case I'll wait for FT to list it. I'm not in that big a hurry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread