The Big Nasty 26650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Oh Nasty, my sweet Big Nasty, why do you elude me so? Perhaps you were too tempting for that postage handler at the sort facility to pass up. Perhaps you are my white whale and you and I simply aren't meant to be. Rest assured, I will track you to the end of the earth (or at least ....**** Illinois where you were last seen) and not give up until you are in my warm embrace.

Sincerely,
honeycombdome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, yours sat in Illinois sort facility for two days too, huh? I finally got mine on monday (24th), I was about to throw a stress fit with it sitting in sort for so long. Not to depress you, but dont put too much stock in the estimated delivery date. USPS for me in Ohio has consistently been one business day later than their estimate, pretty much ever since xmas.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Has anyone figured out why the button sticks? I mean its STUCK. I keep taking it apart when it happens but I cant see what in the heck its catching on. I really started disliking my nemesis clone (my fault for buying a clone, i know) for this very reason. I shouldnt have to constantly fiddle with a button when my setup doesnt change.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Has anyone figured out why the button sticks? I mean its STUCK. I keep taking it apart when it happens but I cant see what in the heck its catching on. I really started disliking my nemesis clone (my fault for buying a clone, i know) for this very reason. I shouldnt have to constantly fiddle with a button when my setup doesnt change.

You might have to send it back. Mine has never even remotely stuck, or even felt like it was rubbing on anything. No crunchiness what so ever either. Something must have gone wrong with the tolerances on yours Im guessing.

Say10

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2014
Chicago
Big Nasty's a killer. Great American craftsmanship

image.jpg

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
You might have to send it back. Mine has never even remotely stuck, or even felt like it was rubbing on anything. No crunchiness what so ever either. Something must have gone wrong with the tolerances on yours Im guessing.

Mine has stuck a couple of times now. Tonight I took the switch completely apart and swabbed the upper part of the switch well and the hole the switch shaft goes through with Vaseline. Working wonders so far.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Now we're talkin! Got my sony 26650's today and man, they put the mnke to shame. I was a bit disapointed as a weekly maintained neme with sony 18650 hit much harder than the nasty, albeit the nasty did last 2-3X's longer on a full charge. I ordered the batteries that were listed near the start of this thread and it makes a huge difference, as after one day with the nasty and mnke i went back to the neme. New batts upgraded this thing to my primary pv. Also figured out my button issue, when I held it with my left hand my finger would slide on the button and turn it slightly. Now that Im conscious of it my button doesnt stick anymore. If youre BN experience is meh, pick up some sony batts.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Now we're talkin! Got my sony 26650's today and man, they put the mnke to shame. I was a bit disapointed as a weekly maintained neme with sony 18650 hit much harder than the nasty, albeit the nasty did last 2-3X's longer on a full charge. I ordered the batteries that were listed near the start of this thread and it makes a huge difference, as after one day with the nasty and mnke i went back to the neme. New batts upgraded this thing to my primary pv. Also figured out my button issue, when I held it with my left hand my finger would slide on the button and turn it slightly. Now that Im conscious of it my button doesnt stick anymore. If youre BN experience is meh, pick up some sony batts.

I have been putting off getting a couple to try but sounds like I need to go ahead and pull the trigger. I am surprised there is that much difference.
Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread