Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks. Not sure. vape @ a staggering 15w and do use a hybrid tip from BB. Put in a new borro tank and have been hitting it all day without issue. I don't know.

The tips from BB are perfect. I've had some slight issues with some others, but I still use them.

I find trouble sometimes occurs if I let the tank get below (approx.) 33% full. I try to top off at half, and that's kept things running fairly smooth.

The R3's had the same issue. DD said it had to do with losing vacuum effect as the air fills the tank, but I've never been much of an engineer, so... (it's out of my league).

Might it have gotten low? If so, that would probably be a good thing in the long run. Just keep it topped up. Yes?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I'm no vacuum engineer, and I don't play one at the Holiday Inn, but I will completely agree with my bonafide B Box friends here.

I'm one who tends to let the tank diminish to quite low. NO BUENO in a B Box. Now I fill at about the halfway (ok, sometimes the 1/3rd-way) point.

Let us know if that resolves the leaky leaky.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I have the opposite trouble with BB using the Exocet. If I fill at anything other than bone dry I get slight flooding. No leaks during operation but if I break the seal when the tank is not completely empty I get juice down the airhole.

I don't own a Rev4 (yet) or and Exocet (yet) but maybe that's condensation building up under the drip tip?

:unsure:

Reactions: gnees

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I don't own a Rev4 (yet) or and Exocet (yet) but maybe that's condensation building up under the drip tip?

:unsure:

Could be, but I'm also using the 1.6mm pin from the KFV5 MTL kit to get a nice MTL hit. The juice would have to travel from the under the drip down, around the coil, and through the tiny hole. That's unlikely but I guess could happen.

It also does not whether I break seal in vertical or horizontal position. I'm guessing if the tank isn't empty, the sudden change in pressure cause a little juice to rush in, and slight flood.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Anyone with an Exocet know if the device will fit in the Rev3 boro tank?

I don't have a Rev3 but from what I've read no, it will not fit.

I've seen pics of Steam tuners insider fit. Hard to get right now but like the Exocet when the hype dies down a bit it you should be able to grab one

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Congrats to the person who just scored big in the Classies!!!!!!!

You're the first (that I'm aware of) in our little BBox family here to have a Steam Tuners Insider!

You'll have to keep us up to date on how you like it!

(And if you find it not to your liking, I'll gladly pay the adoption fees!)

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Thanks. Not sure. Vape @ a staggering 15w and do use a hybrid tip from BB. Put in a new borro tank and have been hitting it all day without issue. I don't know.

15 watts won the small BVC coil and original bridge? Did I read that right? For some reason, I thought those times coils only ran at 9-11 watts.

I would like to push mine higher, if I can!

Reactions: DPLongo22

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
15 watts won the small BVC coil and original bridge? Did I read that right? For some reason, I thought those times coils only ran at 9-11 watts.

That's how I roll. Everything good since switching tanks. I suspect a bad o ring on the bottom of the "leaky" tank.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Let your taste buds be your guide, Kh.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Congrats to the person who just scored big in the Classies!!!!!!!

You're the first (that I'm aware of) in our little BBox family here to have a Steam Tuners Insider!

You'll have to keep us up to date on how you like it!

(And if you find it not to your liking, I'll gladly pay the adoption fees!)

I'll chime in when I can but as a MTLer who vapes around 1-1.4ohm depending on setup and high PG/high Nic juice I may not be the best person given the way the industry if going with big air and huge clouds.

The Exocet was only usable to me after installing the 1.6mm KFV5 MTL pin. With the shape of the Insider air hole, I'm afraid it may be too airy for me and no easy way to reduce it at the exit point. However, it gets really good reviews and AFC supposedly works well so we'll see. I'm hopeful as I like everything else about it.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ok I have 100% confirmation that the Exocet does NOT work in the Rev3 boro tank.

The base diameter is one or two hairs too wide, and it pushes the glass off the bottom part of the gasket.

I don't know if anyone else has already heard this, but I just tried it.

Didn't break my glass, but it will not work.

I am le bummed.

P.S. That is to say, it won't work in the BLACK boro tank...

I've heard it works in the white boro tank (for whatever reason) but I am too drunk to brave that test now!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ok I lied.

Beers 5 & 6 said "Don't try the Exocet in the white boro until tomorrow."

But then beers 7 & 8 joined the conversation...and...

Still a no-go.

And there's definitely no sense in popping the face off a Delrin tank.

NO! Beer 9 I won't do it!

And when Beer 10 gets here, I'm not gonna let him/her talk me into modifying the Exocet to fit.

It's clearly designed for the Rev4, and it's time I face the music and get a few of those into my collection.

It ain't a Provape chipset, but hey...Zen ain't no dummy, and he built the ZNA around the DNA boards...so DD can't be a dummy either.

Which means I have to, once again, go outside my safe little Provape-dominated vape world, and put my faith in Evolv.

For now, I'll look at it this way:
The Exocet wouldn't get to be built to its full potential on a Rev3, even if it DID fit the tank...so, as the (getting) cute(r) waitress (my girlfriend) brings Beer 10 to my booth (the couch) I'll rationalize wrangling a few Rev4's...

Cuz [insert deity here] knows, there ain't no such thing as having ONE Billet Box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread