~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
The attached photos show how the Insider is currently installed in my Boro tank. A member of the Steam Tuners FB group recommended using an eGo battery, since they are about the diameter of a pen, to attach to the Insider's 510 and pulling it firmly through the Boro's bottom opening, which will help it sit tightly inside the tank. I've never owned an eGo, but I was able to push the Insider all the way down.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    610.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1318.JPG
    IMG_1318.JPG
    595.9 KB · Views: 169

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
After using the Exocet and Insider, I much prefer the Exocet.
The Exo is a breeze to build and wick, with great flavour, easy install, can vape the boro empty, and I haven't seen a leak in the 4 months I've been using it.
The Insider is good, sharing mostly pros with the Exo; easy build, good flavour, and if you come from a Kayfun background, wicking is fairly straightforward, but that's also its biggest con in my opinion.
The BB is my grab and go set up, and if I need to clean the coil and rewick I tend to do it in the mornings before I head to work. The Exocet makes this very, very easy, a monkey could wick it and I'd trust it all day long.
The Insider is much more finicky with wicking, and there is nothing to propel it above the Exocet IMO that would make it worth the extra effort. I gave The Insider a chance, used it for a week, and it's essentially a Kayfun lite with bigger airflow and less flavour.
The AFC is pretty sweet, much easier to adjust than the Exocet, but the Exocet can use the Kayfun 5 MTL Kit, making it far more adjustable, whether you're looking for lung hits or a tight MTL draw.
e19412de0b6fe673b75b4919ea8236cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
The attached photos show how the Insider is currently installed in my Boro tank. A member of the Steam Tuners FB group recommended using an eGo battery, since they are about the diameter of a pen, to attach to the Insider's 510 and pulling it firmly through the Boro's bottom opening, which will help it sit tightly inside the tank. I've never owned an eGo, but I was able to push the Insider all the way down.

I have heard/read of the Insider leaking issues. One of the issues is the bottom o-ring. For those still having an issue, perhaps message Steam Tuners. They are fantastic for providing insight.

After using the Exocet and Insider, I much prefer the Exocet.
The Exo is a breeze to build and wick, with great flavour, easy install, can vape the boro empty, and I haven't seen a leak in the 4 months I've been using it.
The Insider is good, sharing mostly pros with the Exo; easy build, good flavour, and if you come from a Kayfun background, wicking is fairly straightforward, but that's also its biggest con in my opinion.
The BB is my grab and go set up, and if I need to clean the coil and rewick I tend to do it in the mornings before I head to work. The Exocet makes this very, very easy, a monkey could wick it and I'd trust it all day long.
The Insider is much more finicky with wicking, and there is nothing to propel it above the Exocet IMO that would make it worth the extra effort. I gave The Insider a chance, used it for a week, and it's essentially a Kayfun lite with bigger airflow and less flavour.
The AFC is pretty sweet, much easier to adjust than the Exocet, but the Exocet can use the Kayfun 5 MTL Kit, making it far more adjustable, whether you're looking for lung hits or a tight MTL draw.
e19412de0b6fe673b75b4919ea8236cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]
Data! More data!
Feed the Corpse more data!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I'm just taking notes on all of this, for the day I finally own a Rev4, and can try my Exocet and Insider...

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
The exocet looks cool but I am not a huge fan of the atty's that have cotton protruding outside where slats have to be covered up or leak, leak, leak...

I have the Uno and it acts in that manner as does the Taifun I have.. Don't get me wrong, they are fine and work great as long as you cover the slats...

I personally prefer the Kayfun style of using juice channels but to each their own.. I might try the exocet at some point and my Insider should be here next week..

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
The exocet looks cool but I am not a huge fan of the atty's that have cotton protruding outside where slats have to be covered up or leak, leak, leak...

I have the Uno and it acts in that manner as does the Taifun I have.. Don't get me wrong, they are fine and work great as long as you cover the slats...

I personally prefer the Kayfun style of using juice channels but to each their own.. I might try the exocet at some point and my Insider should be here next week..
Let us know, how it works out for you. :pop:

Reactions: HBcorpse

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Looks like my BB is heading back to the mothership.. Back to flipping out and reading check atomizer and shorted...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................

:mad: :angry: :depressed: :disappointed:

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Looks like my BB is heading back to the mothership.. Back to flipping out and reading check atomizer and shorted...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................

:mad: :angry: :depressed: :disappointed:

Oh no....and I am sure you have tried all the "usuals?" Cleaning the threads with alcohol, q-tip with alcohol on the up/down buttons, etc.?

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Yup.......

I saw someone else on Facebook was asking for their return address because they got a defective unit. Wonder if they were having the same issue as me..

Oddly enough even with no tank or atty in the box it reads 'shorted' which probably means the board is bad or it was not wired correctly....

Bummer! Wonder if they are trying to push as many out as they can and QC is starting to suffer...

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Yup.......

I saw someone else on Facebook was asking for their return address because they got a defective unit. Wonder if they were having the same issue as me..

Oddly enough even with no tank or atty in the box it reads 'shorted' which probably means the board is bad or it was not wired correctly....

Bummer! Wonder if they are trying to push as many out as they can and QC is starting to suffer...

Its a good question...the QC. I had two of the 40s that were bad out of the gate. Sent them back and as to be suspected, turned around quickly and no problems since.

I might be in the minority, but I have never loved the Evolv boards. I would give my right arm for a Provape board in a Billet Box.

I am a dreamer ;-)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh man, is that an orange moonraker? You want to sell it to me...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm afraid the orange one is not for sale. I've got a thing for orange - sorry.

IMG_20170121_202453 (Medium).jpg

crazydmnd

Jul 7, 2014
United States
I'm afraid the orange one is not for sale. I've got a thing for orange - sorry.

View attachment 644475
Tried replying to your pm, but it won't let me for some reason cause I'm using tapatalk, which is odd cause I can pm everyone else...

Will try from site...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: DPLongo22

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Can someone please help me confirm the drop time?

The last update said 8:30 MST, but it's MDT there now?

To complicate things even more 08:30AM MDT = 01:30AM AEDT

and we move to AEST (-1 HR) at 02:00AM

It's doin my headin!

I always used timanddate.com and their meeting calendar. Put in your state and their state and it gives you the right calc

Meeting Planner – Find best time across Time Zones

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

It's doin my headin!

It's 06:19 there right now, if that helps. So the sale is approximately 26 hours from now.

(GMT -6, for reference)

I always used timanddate.com and their meeting calendar. Put in your state and their state and it gives you the right calc

Meeting Planner – Find best time across Time Zones

:thumb:

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA

It's doin my headin!

Just type "utah time" in the google search bar and you'll see the current time in billet box land.

Reactions: Bamrz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread