~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Before I screw something up, I want to ask if anyone has gently tried to compress the negative battery spring just a touch to make the battery a little easier to get in and out? Rapping the BB against one hand doesn't seem to work very well, and I have to use my fingernail on the positive end of the battery and pry it out. I'm afraid I'm going to damage the battery wrap there.

A lot of folks wrap a piece of scotch tape around their Rev3 batteries, and make a little tab to pull the batteries out...

No reason that shouldn't work for the Rev4.

Just make sure to spin the battery around so the tab doesn't press up against the door.

That should allow you to leave the spring alone!

Here's a decent example I found through some Google-fu:

fe7f2321f3e726a87df4b84d6faa41fe.jpg

b4ea30b0ec6c6e3539e95085531ac644.jpg

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Duh on me! Thanks, I'll try it. :)

It's not really a "Duh" moment...

It's just one of those things that is so obvious it's almost invisible...ya know?

It's also one of those things that "once you see it, you can never un-see it"...hahaha!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Also, good morning to all!

Not a coffee drinker (screws wth my stomach something awful)...but here's some Billet Box p0rn!

576451b520de847ee99541ce2ea4452f.jpg

I don't know what these panels are, or where to find them, but I saw this while searching for the battery "tape tab" images...

All I know is: I'D BUY THESE!

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Is there anyplace in the US to get BB buttons, preferably a flat SS button? I found one in Canada, but I don't want to pay almost $10.00 for the cheapest shipping. Didn't see anything at JMK.

They're in stock at JMK:
BB Rev4 Button

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Looking at a pic of buttons on JMK's site there are two SS buttons. One appears to have a bluish tint to it, but I don't know which one it is in the choices in the drop down box. Anybody know?

View attachment 659127

I think the one in the foreground is ss, and the one in back is brass.

ETA: I really wish they did a better job with their pictures

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Can I now add, it's been over a week with my Billet Box, and my other Mods are just sitting. The best investment was this Comfort Bridge, I wish I ordered 2. I'm hoping they offer them on BB site so I don't have to pay the extra shipping and I will pick up a 3rd tank.

Think I may have to try the 2nd tank I have with the OCC bridge and .5 Coil and see how that works.

On another note, I am going to be going on a plane next month. How do these hold up in high altitudes in regards to leaking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Can I now add, it's been over a week with my Billet Box, and my other Mods are just sitting. The best investment was this Comfort Bridge, I wish I ordered 2. I'm hoping they offer them on BB site so I don't have to pay the extra shipping and I will pick up a 3rd tank.

Think I may have to try the 2nd tank I have with the OCC bridge and .5 Coil and see how that works.

On another note, I am going to be going on a plane next month. How do these hold up in high altitudes in regards to leaking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't flown with one personally, but I saw a thread on the book of faces where someone asked about this recently. The consensus seemed to be that you should drain the tank before your flight.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I have experimented with the following and rate them in the following order, for my vaping. YMMV. :)
1. Exocet. Gotta get more
2. Racing Bridge with the Kanger Mini+ rb deck. A close second to the Exocet.
3. Comfort Bridge. Not that bad actually, I can live with it if need be.
4. Billet Bridge - OCC. Sold and gone, just way too airy for me.
I'm happy that I was able to try more than one set up, and pic a clear favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread