Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
upload_2017-5-22_21-28-47.png

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
To be fair, the SXK clone with their own chip is 70W. So that's probably why they did that, to differentiate from the other dna 40 clone which is 40w.

Nothing is fair when it comes to clones.

Really kinda hate that I even posted those pics now that I know it's a clone.

I'll find replacement pictures.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Nothing is fair when it comes to clones.

Really kinda hate that I even posted those pics now that I know it's a clone.

I'll find replacement pictures.

I agree but let's face it, life in general isn't fair. I don't want to turn this awesome thread into a clone discussion so I'll just leave it at that.

Back on topic. Who is going to try the new Odis Atty for BB? I'm tempted but the large airflow slot like the Insider has me turned off. I think it will too much air for me.

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
I got my first BB today, it's a used Rev 3a. in orange. It came with a kangaroo but I haven't got any coils yet.
I tried it with an in'ax carto and its vaping great.
I was never really interested in the BB until I saw a used and slightly battered one for sale and thought that I'd give it a try. Then I started reading this thread and became hooked.
The battered one get here on Thursday c/w a standard billet bridge and I was intending to mod that one but having used my orange one today, I'm thinking of leaving it as it is with just a tidy up.
Thank you to all the contributors on this thread for the wealth of info that I've gained :)

crazydmnd

Jul 7, 2014
United States
Ya, the asmodus chip sxk clones are easy enough, the first round of dna40 sxk clones are a bit trickier, but still easy. They say rev4b but are obviously still small screen:

61b24e17aaa2702f7c92e19b7086c751.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
And the second round they corrected their mistake:

8157fe3bdc03a8d7ee65d2c529f9505c.jpg

crazydmnd

Jul 7, 2014
United States
And the second round they corrected their mistake:

8157fe3bdc03a8d7ee65d2c529f9505c.jpg

Sorry, not the best pic but I sent it back for repairs (battery would drain without firing it) and I don't have any other pics until I get it back but it says rev4 A 40

Reactions: HBcorpse

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
So let's say I am a blue collar hardworking person that comes up with a great idea. I test the idea out use it, make some for my friends, and everybody says it is incredible. So I decide to put it out there to the market and see what it does, and it is creating 100% satisfaction. I patent it, develop a manufacturing game plan, and I choose rather than sending it to China to mass produce, instead to keep manufacturing in America so I can stay on top of the quality associated with my brand. I hire American workers, and I now have to pay insurance, taxes, payroll taxes, payroll, rent, materials, etc, so to do this, I need to price the item a bit higher, but the quality you are getting on this item is extraordinarily high. There is high demand for my item, I sell them much faster than I can make them no matter how much I expand. Customers may have to be patient, but the item they will receive is worth it.

Then some Chinese manufacturer decides to carbon copy my item, put my company name on their product, mass produce it, and sell it worldwide.

They steal my idea, my brand, don't pay me a dime for any of it, and if the quality is poor, my name gets associated with it, and insult to injury, you get people out there not only buying it and telling others where they could buy it, but justifying it because of high demand and cost of the original that I created with all the costs built in.

Just to bring it home, the creator of the authentic Billet Box gets to lose out on that on all that revenue while he just had a baby.

This is the mindset I think about when it comes to clones. Justify the purchase all you want, but please keep it to yourself. I feel clones stifle innovation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Not to add fuel to the fire, but before the vaping industry took off, any such product that is now deemed a "clone" was known by another word...COUNTERFEIT.

Somehow the word "clone" seems to have made these counterfeit devices more "innocent" sounding, but clones are counterfeits, one in the same.

Some would argue that "clones" are copies that admit to being copies and typically don't carry original manufacturer logos, packaging, etc...and that "counterfeits" DO carry logos, packaging, etc. and attempt to pass themselves off as originals.

In my book, logos/packaging or not, a copy is a copy, and is a counterfeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread