The blind cannot even tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I am around blind people on occasion. My wife works with the blind at times.
Last night was my third encounter with a blind person since I started vaping. A blind friend came over for a few hours. He did not know I vaped or even what it was. I was vaping my 510 heavily not 5 feet away from him for an hour solid. Plumes of vapor all over the room but quickly dissipated. Finally after 2 hours, before he left I asked him did he notice anything strange. He had no idea I was doing anything and was shocked it was virtually no comparison to smoking. On all occassions, the blind never knew. So the few people that complain about coughing from 2nd hand vape or saying it smells are straight up lying or mentally fooled. The blind can never smell it or know it is even there, even with their other heightened senses. Unless you tell them in advance to try to smell this, they will never know.

NobleMaN79

Dec 17, 2009
Fallbrook, CA, USA
yeah, I dunno. What are you vaping specifically? When I've been vaping in public I usually get, "oh that smells so nice!" I'm not entirely sure they are smelling the vapor or my breath from the exhale when I'm vaping. I do find it hard to believe that someone wouldn't notice you drawing on a e-cig from 5 feet away. Almost everyone I talk to on the phone can tell when I'm vaping. I highly doubt they would know precisely what you are doing, and I'm certain it wasn't bothering them in the slightest, or that they cared. HA

That's a good blind test though! lol :)

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
My wife can tell but compared to smokes she loves the change. In fact she will comment about some of the flavors. Like "Oh you must be using the cinnimon again" or the Vanilla. She has pointed out those two in particular.

Is it possible that this person thought that you just had a new house freshener or cologne?

Scott EE

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Virginia USA
I think some of them react to the perception of "smoke". Possibly a placebo effect or they are just habitual complainers in general. However don't dismiss that it cannot cause a genuine reaction some people have real allergies to PG.

My sister with asthma has no reaction whatsoever to my vape. Only comment was that it smelled "minty" since I was vaping a menthol mix.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Of the 3 encounters I've had with he blind, no one knew. Granted if you blew directly up their nose I'm sure they can smell. Or in their direction. It wasn't a test to see if they could tell. It was dinner so the stove was cooking up food also so that may have masked any smell. I was just being myself and vaping normal and no one ever knew. The tv was on so he didn't hear me inhaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread